The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Monteverde Fireopal (Gemstone Collection)

monteverde

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 ErrantSmudge

ErrantSmudge

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2017 - 15:11

I have eight different Monteverde inks in my collection, and they all perform well.  I think the reformulated Monteverde ink line isn't getting enough attention.

Sponsored Content

#22 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,239 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2017 - 15:48

Looks to have nice shading, but otherwise not a color for me.

Thanks for the review nonetheless.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#23 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,449 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2017 - 20:41

Looks good to me. Unfortunately, I now think I'll be forced to order all of them.

Drat!

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

#24 Aquaria

Aquaria

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 20:49

I just ordered this ink, plus Amethyst and Jade Noir, because PenChalet is having a buy 2 Monteverde 30 ml bottles, and get one free sale. Plus, the cart did something weird--in my favor. Don't know if it was because I bought a pen with it (a blue Monza), or what, but I got another 10% off the ink and pens on top of that!

So I added a bottle of Caran d'Ache Infinite Gray to see what would happen--and it qualified for the 10% off, too. PC already had the CdA ink on sale for nearly $10 off. Between the sale and the discount, that brought the price down from $43 retail to $29 and change. Woo hoo!

And I got free shipping?

Score!

Edited by Aquaria, 06 December 2017 - 20:50.

#25 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 21:53

Congratulations on your experience @ Pen Chalet!

I find EVERY transaction I have made with them has been "in MY favor;"  their listed prices are always favorable & their frequently offered discounts usually make these even more favorable.  Their shipments are well packed, dispatched promptly & reach me quickly.  I have NEVER been disappointed in any transaction with them.

And to disclaim:  "I am not related to, employed by or married to any member of the Pen Chalet Company!"

#26 Aquaria

Aquaria

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 22:28

Congratulations on your experience @ Pen Chalet!

I find EVERY transaction I have made with them has been "in MY favor;"  their listed prices are always favorable & their frequently offered discounts usually make these even more favorable.  Their shipments are well packed, dispatched promptly & reach me quickly.  I have NEVER been disappointed in any transaction with them.

And to disclaim:  "I am not related to, employed by or married to any member of the Pen Chalet Company!"

Not affiliated with them, either, only a happy customer who usually does at least 4-5 orders with them every year, and has always had great experiences with them. But then most of the FP boutiques out there have outstanding service--PC, Goulet, Vanness, Anderson, iPenstore, Jetpens, even Tokyo Pen Shop and the Franklin-Christoph online store. I love doing business with all of them over Amazon for that very reason

Businesses in a niche market like this one die without great customer service.

Edited by Aquaria, 06 December 2017 - 22:30.

#27 Aquaria

Aquaria

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 August 2018 - 23:57

Forgot to come back to mention my experience with the ink.

Can we say L-O-V-E?

Sent a letter to my mom written with it, and it was a huge hit with her, because she loves all of these autumn type of colors.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: monteverde

Sponsored Content

|