Monteverde Fireopal (Gemstone Collection)

visvamitra

I have eight different Monteverde inks in my collection, and they all perform well. I think the reformulated Monteverde ink line isn't getting enough attention.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• visvamitra

• Aquaria

• lgsoltek

• dannystr78

Looks to have nice shading, but otherwise not a color for me.

Thanks for the review nonetheless.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Looks good to me. Unfortunately, I now think I'll be forced to order all of them.

Drat!

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

• 3 months later...

I just ordered this ink, plus Amethyst and Jade Noir, because PenChalet is having a buy 2 Monteverde 30 ml bottles, and get one free sale. Plus, the cart did something weird--in my favor. Don't know if it was because I bought a pen with it (a blue Monza), or what, but I got another 10% off the ink and pens on top of that!

So I added a bottle of Caran d'Ache Infinite Gray to see what would happen--and it qualified for the 10% off, too. PC already had the CdA ink on sale for nearly $10 off. Between the sale and the discount, that brought the price down from $43 retail to $29 and change. Woo hoo!

And I got free shipping?

Score!

Edited by Aquaria

Congratulations on your experience @ Pen Chalet!

I find EVERY transaction I have made with them has been "in MY favor;" their listed prices are always favorable & their frequently offered discounts usually make these even more favorable. Their shipments are well packed, dispatched promptly & reach me quickly. I have NEVER been disappointed in any transaction with them.

And to disclaim: "I am not related to, employed by or married to any member of the Pen Chalet Company!"

Congratulations on your experience @ Pen Chalet!

I find EVERY transaction I have made with them has been "in MY favor;" their listed prices are always favorable & their frequently offered discounts usually make these even more favorable. Their shipments are well packed, dispatched promptly & reach me quickly. I have NEVER been disappointed in any transaction with them.

And to disclaim: "I am not related to, employed by or married to any member of the Pen Chalet Company!"

Not affiliated with them, either, only a happy customer who usually does at least 4-5 orders with them every year, and has always had great experiences with them. But then most of the FP boutiques out there have outstanding service--PC, Goulet, Vanness, Anderson, iPenstore, Jetpens, even Tokyo Pen Shop and the Franklin-Christoph online store. I love doing business with all of them over Amazon for that very reason

Businesses in a niche market like this one die without great customer service.

Edited by Aquaria

• 8 months later...

Forgot to come back to mention my experience with the ink.

Can we say L-O-V-E?

Sent a letter to my mom written with it, and it was a huge hit with her, because she loves all of these autumn type of colors.