The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Fountain Pen Under 50 Dollars

fountain pen under 50 beginner

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 corgicoupe

corgicoupe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 August 2017 - 00:46

I like my Retro 1951, and it's about $50. Get the EX version, which accepts the piston converter

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

Sponsored Content

#42 SoulSamurai

SoulSamurai

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:13

There's also a Carbon Black version which is significantly lighter (I have and love both as my everyday pens in broad and extra fine). Whilst I have little to compare them to, the nibs are smoother than any other pen I've used.

You mean the one with the carbon fiber? I have the one with the leather wrapped around the body. The problem is that the body is too light, except for the metal tail cap thing. If the body was completely made of plastic that would be fine, or if there was more weight closer to the nib (if it had a metal body or grip or something) then that would be fine, the issue is that all the weight is at the other end from the nib. It's just not what I like.

I made several mistaken assumptions about that pen. From the way it looked I assumed that the grip was soft rubber (the main reason why I wanted to try the pen); it isn't, it's basically just regular plastic. From the way the metal tail piece comes out from under the leather I had wrongly assumed that the entire body was metal rather than plastic. No-one to blame but myself of course.

It's also worth pointing out that the hole inside the body is too small to accept many converters, though there are some that are slim enough to fit. I knew that going in, but it is another mark against the pen in my book. The nib is very smooth though.

#43 PenPaper52

PenPaper52

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 August 2017 - 19:41

Sailor 1911 Large, black/gold, MF
TWSBI 580AL,silver, EF

Greetings, Rafael !   

What do you currently use for daily writing ?   There is a wide range of size and weight fountain pens, price under $50.   However, I can recommend this pen, from Ebay.  It is a durable, reliable, very inexpensive pen, suitable for experimentation.  Your financial risk would be very low.  I have bought and given dozens of this model.  

http://www.ebay.com/...872.m2749.l2649

Please get one of these.  Try the pen.  Tell us what you like and dislike about it.  Such preferences  will guide the direction of your next, more expensive ($50) pen. 

Write with joy.

+1 I own several and you'd be surprised at how well this pen writes.

Edited by PenPaper52, 22 August 2017 - 19:42.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fountain pen, under 50, beginner

Sponsored Content

|