Week #32 / 6 Aug: Love/hate - 2017 Weekly Ink Project

lgsoltek

This was fun!! I was surprised that this mixture did not gel as the Noodler's is opaque and thick to start with!

Interesting. I'd call it a "Plurple" (pink, blue, purple). ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lgsoltek

• amberleadavis

• visvamitra

• FPRebel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nagasawa-kobe Taisanji Yellow (love) + Pelikan 4001 Pink (Hate)

fpn_1502038713__typ.jpg

fpn_1502038728__typ2.jpg

This one, I really like. Though I don't know if I'd use that wonderful yellow, I'd probably hoard it.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I went with two similar inks, hoping to make something I could use. I may have found it.

fpn_1502053258__2017-08-06_165533.jpg

Looks good and I love seeing them individually.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

This was fun!! I was surprised that this mixture did not gel as the Noodler's is opaque and thick to start with!

http://515-park.com/images/corazy32-2017.png

I like the end result. The Russian series only mixes with each other so I'm not surprised that it doesn't flow. Thank you for sharing.

Hoping for better results than last week, I used a different (better) scanner. So, on with the show......

Later Edit: Bummer, the attached images are lighter than the actual and lighter than the scanned images on my computer. If anyone has suggestions please feel free to advise. I don't remember this being a problem until recently but maybe it's always been.

post-129742-0-28309200-1502154413_thumb.jpg

post-129742-0-34603000-1502154438_thumb.jpg

Edited by FPRebel

I went with two similar inks, hoping to make something I could use. I may have found it.

THANK YOU for showing each of the inks!!! It crossed my mind to do this, but I didn't want to ink up my "hated" ink. Thank you, HJB and any others who do this, for persevering!!! :notworthy1:

The Mathias Dorado is a lovely fall color.

Hoping for better results than last week, I used a different (better) scanner. So, on with the show......

Later Edit: Bummer, the attached images are lighter than the actual and lighter than the scanned images on my computer. If anyone has suggestions please feel free to advise. I don't remember this being a problem until recently but maybe it's always been.

I really love the "Ancient Thé" (2nd image). But then, I'm always a fan of ruddy brown colors —which is why I would put the two inks in reverse order (LOVE Ancient Copper, HATE Lie de Thé ;) )...

Ooo. Ancient Zircon :wub: in both name and colour.

Must dig out some random Turquise and mix it with Ancient Copper to see what I get. Thank you.

[De Ostermentis Document Green Denim] in Lamy Al-Star 1.1mm stub.

Note to self: Avoid De Atramentis Document Yellow like the sticky, staining plague it is... ;)

• Love = Callifolio Heure Dorée --- a great colour, but unfortunately too light for writing in my normal F/M nibs
  • Hate = Diamine 1864 Blue Black --- directly from the heart of Mordor, ugly as Sauron's soul itself. I really really hate it (this is my personal opinion, I know some of you really like it)

fpn_1502211184__mix_-_sarumans_hour.jpeg

Put the two together and you get "Saruman's Hour" - a kind of green-black ink that works well in fine nibs.

fpn_1502211197__mix_-_chroma_-_sarumans_

• Love = Callifolio Heure Dorée --- a great colour, but unfortunately too light for writing in my normal F/M nibs
  • Hate = Pelikan Edelstein Jade --- what is this ?! let's quickly forget about it

fpn_1502211725__mix_-_khans_curse.jpeg

Put the two together and you get "Khan's Curse" - a green ink that's not too bad (I think mixing it with a pure yellow ink will produce even better results).

fpn_1502211740__mix_-_chroma_-_khans_cur

... directly from the heart of Mordor, ugly as Sauron's soul itself...

:lticaptd:

...Khan's Curse... :lol:

We have a winner for "best mix names"!

Ooo. Ancient Zircon :wub: in both name and colour.

Must dig out some random Turquise and mix it with Ancient Copper to see what I get. Thank you.

+1

Be sure to share your results via one of your famous sketches :D

I really love the "Ancient Thé" (2nd image). But then, I'm always a fan of ruddy brown colors —which is why I would put the two inks in reverse order (LOVE Ancient Copper, HATE Lie de Thé ;) )...

So now you have a use for any unused Lie de The' just as I have at least a couple of uses for remaining Ancient Copper.

THIS is my favorite week so far!!!! Interesting results from everyone.

GvFC Burned Orange (enjouy a lot) + GvFC Turquoise (Hate)

fpn_1502037215__bot_x3.jpg

This one is a winner! Looks real nice.

I love this week's ink project - loads of fun! But O Boy! This really opens up a can of worms - I've gotten a taste for mixing inks... Alice in Wonderland ? or Down the rabbit hole?

I love that Saruman's Hour - too bad I have none of the ingredients...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

N, I really like the combo.

N, I really like the combo.

Me too. I think I have found a solution for the super dry MB OG and I like the slightly muddy effect it has on Irish Green. I am going to mix up some more. :D