I Need Advice On Huge, Massive Pen To Buy, Please

gandalf11

HI TO ALL

im a new member here, and new to fountain pens world too, i have about 6 months colecting and using FP, and since there i had adquire about 20-25 pens, but after try them all, i decided than the biggest pens the huge ones, really fit my hand and my writing style, the other thing i love in FP, are the italic, flex and stubs nibs, the 1.1mm its my favirite, it made my writing great it looks allmost like if i was doing some caligraphy, and im not doing it, so if some one could give me some advice on which pens with this characteristycs i can buy, i will apreciete it very much.

the biggests pens i own are, mntblank 149, visconti hommo sapiens, pilot 1911, jin hao 650, jin hao 159. which oters i can find?

i have a top budgett on pens no more than 200.00 usd. per pen

in advance i thanks to all your kinds sugestions and advice

Good bless you All

pace

saludos desde Mexico lindo y querido

Edited by gandalf11

Saludos desde Mexico, "el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz entre los hombres"

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gandalf11

• JonSzanto

• mitto

• Mister5

Ranga bamboo and Edison Collier are two huge pens that I love. Note that the Collier does not post though.

...Edison Collier... Note that the Collier does not post though.

Hi Gandelf11,

I'll second the Collier. Nice large pen... well-made... beautiful resins... I love the Antique Gold. :D

God bless you, too. Be well and enjoy life. :)

- Anthony

Edison Collier is my favourite pen but I would not call it huge. Its size is roughly comparable to Jinhao 159 (but Collier is much lighter than 159).

Wing Sung 590 comes to my mind as a representative of the huge pens division.

You might have a look at Pelikan's M1000. Very large pen with an exceptionally expressive nib. I believe it is a bit larger than you MB 149. Visconti also makes a few larger pens.

Good Luck in your hunt for larger pens! And Welcome to :W2FPN:

Fair winds and following seas.

You might have a look at Pelikan's M1000. Very large pen with an exceptionally expressive nib. I believe it is a bit larger than you MB 149. Visconti also makes a few larger pens.

I would love to see a Pelikan M1000 for less than $200. :yikes: I think it might be outside of gandalf's budget. :D

A great recommendation, the M1000, but you won't find one under $200.

Though I don't personally care for them, the modern Conklins can be had for around $100 and most are quite fat. You might also look at Laban pens.

Welcome aboard! I wish shipping to Mexico was easier ....

TERI

Monteverdi Sequoia? I haven't seen one in person, but Goulet Pens is showing them as large. Also Visconti Van Gogh or Rembrandt?

Big pens I have that might suit you:

Franklin Christoph Model 02. I like the medium stub but I think you can get an italic. Accepts Jowo nib units. Closer to the high end of your range. The Franklin Christoph flex nib would knock it out of your budget, but I think the stubs/italics would be within your budget unless you get a gold nib.

Ranga Model 03. I think you can get this so it would accept a Bock or Jowo nib units. I've put the Franklin Christoph nibs in this one which are Jowo. This one is rather long when posted. I have this in a matte ebonite material and it has an interesting texture, almost like wood.

Edited by Mister5

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

Italix Captain's Commission from Mr Pen in the UK. You can get it with an Italic nib. It is a heavy metal pen.

I second the suggestion for Indian pens. Some of them are enormous and you can usually get them fitted with Jowo nib units so you can get pretty much and nib size you want.

Yet another Sarah.

I second the suggestion for Indian pens. Some of them are enormous and you can usually get them fitted with Jowo nib units so you can get pretty much and nib size you want.

Make that 3 recommendations for large ebonite Indian pens with a Jowo nib.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

I would love to see a Pelikan M1000 for less than $200. :yikes: I think it might be outside of gandalf's budget. :D

yes it is, i cant buy such a beauty pen without brake may wallet

i want to thank to all your comments, and i will buy some indian Rangas with Jowo nibs, im going to order one with stub 1.1mm and one with a felx nib.

those swriled pens are very atractive, and a real good priece for Mexican Standars, if you find something like that here you have to pay more than 150.00 usd. each.

again dear fellows thank you very much

Parker Giant and Waterman 20 are my go to huge pens.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Since no-one has so far, I'm going to suggest the Bexley Prometheus line. Very substantial pen.

And, since these are small production runs, they actually pay attention to the nib on every single unit.

-k

Gandalf11...another vote for Ranga oversized pens with the JOWO nibs. Well within your price range and excellent nibs. In addition to ordering on eBay, they are also available at Peyton Street Pens in US. They are very well made and you can't beat the JOWO 1.1 Stub nibs...Beautiful writers.