The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Have Some Fun, & Win A Pen

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#81 tommoves

tommoves

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2017 - 14:48

Caption- Dang whats that? I thought u were a lady...

Would love to be considered for the TinTin pen...HUGE HUGE Fan..... so many lovely memories of reading those books growning up...didnt even know they had pens....

Sponsored Content

#82 Ian the Jock

Ian the Jock

Education is important...But fountain pens are importanter

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Location:Cumbernauld (Numb n cauld), West Central Scotland (the cold damp bit)
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2017 - 16:08

Tommoves
This finished quite a while back and the pens have gone.

The Tintin pen was an Inoxcrom which was released as promo material for the movie, I believe.

It was just a plastic, basic type pen.

Ian

It’s a well kent fact that Scotland (The Land Of The Rising Water) has the most beautiful, picturesque, colourful, history laden landscape in the world.

It’s just a shame that you can only look at it through a rain soaked car window.

Every cloud though,  If there was no rain, there’d be no RAINBOWS.

My top tip:-

If you are walking the dog through mountain bike country.....don't wear headphones.

#83 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,241 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2017 - 19:04

Yes, sorry -- I'm the one who got the TinTin pen.  I wanted it for a friend of mine who is a HUGE fan of the comics (and she's half Spanish so the manufacturer is an added bonus).  I just need to make sure the International Standard converter I bought awhile back will fit it.

Several years ago she gave me a pen that she found on Freecycle, here in Pittsburgh, and snagged to for me as a joke (it's a Pelikan M200, probably from the 1990s, and it has the Bayer logo imprint on it.  The pen was probably some corporate gift (Bayer has a big facility in the area), and the recipient said, "Oh, a fountain pen.... Uh, that's nice, I guess...." and threw it in a desk drawer.  I don't think the pen had ever been inked before my friend gave it to me -- and I don't think she realized that it's probably worth about $100 US....  So when I saw Ian the Jock's giveaway, I was going "Hey, I'd rather have that one over the Chinese pen...."  My friend would go nuts over it, even if she never uses it.

I was sort of panicking a few days ago because I couldn't remember where it was in the house -- the last time I'd seen it was in September, on my kitchen counter -- which got cleared because I had to make up a bunch of marzipan fruit for things and my husband cleared the counter for me....  And of course I had forgotten to bring it with me to the Ohio Pen Show a couple of weeks ago to make sure I got the correct type of converter (apparently there are both both push in and screw in models...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#84 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 801 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:20

Why does he keep calling me Hannah? I've been telling him for years my name is Joe. :angry:

Why does he keep calling me Hannah? I've been telling him for years my name is Joe. :angry:

Scottish people are strange,very strange, Trust Me ,oneill

#85 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 801 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:23

Hi Ian, will you please send me your email address so that we can post all of my JINHA photos which my wife Joy
went to so much trouble to Photograph for YOU. Oneill

Sponsored Content

|