• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ian the Jock

• inkstainedruth

• DrDebG

• ralfstc

Tommoves

This finished quite a while back and the pens have gone.

The Tintin pen was an Inoxcrom which was released as promo material for the movie, I believe.

It was just a plastic, basic type pen.

Ian

Yes, sorry -- I'm the one who got the TinTin pen. I wanted it for a friend of mine who is a HUGE fan of the comics (and she's half Spanish so the manufacturer is an added bonus). I just need to make sure the International Standard converter I bought awhile back will fit it.

Several years ago she gave me a pen that she found on Freecycle, here in Pittsburgh, and snagged to for me as a joke (it's a Pelikan M200, probably from the 1990s, and it has the Bayer logo imprint on it. The pen was probably some corporate gift (Bayer has a big facility in the area), and the recipient said, "Oh, a fountain pen.... Uh, that's nice, I guess...." and threw it in a desk drawer. I don't think the pen had ever been inked before my friend gave it to me -- and I don't think she realized that it's probably worth about $100 US.... So when I saw Ian the Jock's giveaway, I was going "Hey, I'd rather have that one over the Chinese pen...." My friend would go nuts over it, even if she never uses it.

I was sort of panicking a few days ago because I couldn't remember where it was in the house -- the last time I'd seen it was in September, on my kitchen counter -- which got cleared because I had to make up a bunch of marzipan fruit for things and my husband cleared the counter for me.... And of course I had forgotten to bring it with me to the Ohio Pen Show a couple of weeks ago to make sure I got the correct type of converter (apparently there are both both push in and screw in models...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Why does he keep calling me Hannah? I've been telling him for years my name is Joe. :angry:

Why does he keep calling me Hannah? I've been telling him for years my name is Joe. :angry:

Scottish people are strange,very strange, Trust Me ,oneill

Hi Ian, will you please send me your email address so that we can post all of my JINHA photos which my wife Joy

went to so much trouble to Photograph for YOU. Oneill

• 1 month later...

Sorry, no pix at my end (it's been a much stranger afternoon than anticipated... :wacko:). But I gave the TinTin pen to my friend this evening at dinner and she was absolutely *ecstatic*! :lol: And that was just because it was TinTin -- before I told her it was ALSO a Spanish company that made it. Also gave her a bottle of Skrip Blue, because I figured that was a safe ink for a newbie (although if anyone knows of any Spanish ink companies, sing out because that would be totally awesome...).

Didn't really get a chance to walk her through filling the pen, though.... I may have to send her email walking her through the steps.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 2 weeks later...

The hooman. will pay for. this embarrassment.

Haha...always late to the party.

😂😂

Edited by Caronann