Electric Pink - Graf Von Faber-Castell

visvamitra

Graf von Faber-Castell was founded in 1761 and developed into the major manufacturer of wood-cased pencils. With time they started to offer much broader range of products. Few years ago company's introduced six inks. Last year they've added three new colors to the line. This year they've done the same. Three new GvFC colors hit the shelfs.

1. Burned Orange
  2. Carbon Black
  3. Cobalt Blue
  4. Deep Sea Green
  5. Electric Pink
  6. Garnet Red
  7. Hazelnut Brown
  8. Midnight Blue
  9. Moss Green
  10. Royal Blue
  11. Stone Grey
  12. Turquoise
  13. Violet Blue

fpn_1501702671__electricpink.jpg

Electric Pink is quite cool.Not as cool as Rohrer & Klingner Solferino but it has some character. The ink behaves well, doesn't cause feathering (unless you use really bad paper)

The flow is agood, close to J. Herbin inks. The ink feels rather wet. In wet nibs it can offer nice shading.

fpn_1501702700__electricpink_gvfc_is.jpg

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1501702721__electricpink_gvfc_rk.jpg

Software ID

fpn_1501702829__electricpink_gvfc_l_23.j

Color range

fpn_1501702842__electricpink_gvfc_l_4.jp

Rhodia, FC Ambition, M

fpn_1501702747__electricpink_gvfc_rh_1.j

fpn_1501702887__electricpink_gvfc_rh_2.j

fpn_1501702912__electricpink_gvfc_rh_3.j

Leuchtturm1917, Faber-Castell Ambition, M

fpn_1501702937__electricpink_gvfc_l_1.jp

fpn_1501702975__electricpink_gvfc_l_2.jp

fpn_1501703008__electricpink_gvfc_l_5.jp

Moleskine, Faber-Castell Ambition, B

fpn_1501703113__electricpink_gvfc_molesk

fpn_1501703142__electricpink_gvfc_molesk

fpn_1501703142__electricpink_gvfc_molesk

Water resistance

fpn_1501703192__electricpink_gvfc_h2o.jp

Mini-comparison

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• visvamitra

• amberleadavis

• lgsoltek

• KKay

Well, it does look like it "lives up to it's name!" It is nice to near you are happy with it's performance & I am sure this ink may users who choose it very happy. That is really all that matters, if users enjoy the ink they purchase.

It's pink. I have more than half of the GvFC inks. This will not increase the number.

X

Oh wow. That's beautiful!!!

I've been corrupted, I'm really loving brightly colored inks right now. It started with orange. Now maybe pink?

On the ink splash it looks really eye-searing, and I almost didn't scroll down to the writing samples which look much more subdued (and much prettier) - still pink though, so not really my type of colour :-)

Thanks for the nice review! It's better than I thought (cuz I'm not all that hot about pinks) but it's the magenta in there that whips it out!!

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Thanks for the review.

This one is a maybe. It would interesting to see a side-by-side with De Atramentis Red Roses (which I already have), and also with the new Noodler's ink that I was just reading about, House Divided (which is supposed to be released at DCSS), after seeing the water resistance test.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Thank you for the review. I like the brighter color of the two top pictures, it is interesting. Maybe I can get a sample of it. Usually a pink like that doesn't do much for me, but this one has possibilities.

I like that it has some water resistance. Overall, I just like it. This one motivates me.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Vis, these inks do not appear to be for sale yet. You tease. ;)

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Oh, I went looking at the UK stores but didn't see it either. Of course, I don't actually really need more ink.