The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Beating A Tired Horse

titanium nibs

4 replies to this topic

#1 Drawing61

Drawing61

Isle of Innisfree

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2017 - 00:56

OK I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum but it's new to me.

I recently purchased a Namisu "Nova" with a stainless steel nib which I like very much. I have been intrigued by the much touted titanium nib so I have ordered an "Orion" with a medium titanium nib.  What are the advantages of this nib? I love the design of the Namisu which remind me of the Nakaya Piccolo, Nakaya being my shining star.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none. Shakespeare

Sponsored Content

#2 catbert

catbert

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:39

I have a Nova with both titanium and steel nibs in EF. I find the titanium nib to be softer and to have a pencil-like feedback that I enjoy.

#3 markh

markh

Shaded Writing

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:05

I have a couple of Visconti pen with palladium nibs. They describe the nibs as "dreamtouch" - very soft, needing no pressure.

I also have a Namisu and at least one other pen with a titanium nib. Along the same line. While each manufacturer and each nib can be different, I think that's generally how they compare with "normal" gold or steel nibs.

If you write with a soft touch, or can train your hand to write like that, you might like it.

If you are used to a ball point, and use enough pressure to make 6 carbon copies, you might not.

I think this might be the kind of pen you need to try to figure out.

I like mine, though it took a short while to get used to it.

#4 aeba

aeba

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:11

I'll just add that they can take surprising amount of heavy handed abuse. But somehow I suspect that they spring (in the permanent sense) with out any warnings.

You do not have a right to post. You do not have a right to a lawyer. Do you understands these rights you do not have?

Kaweco Supra (titanium B), Al-Sport (steel BB).

Parker: Sonnet (dimonite); Frontier GT; 51 (gray); Vacumatic (amber).

Pelikan: m600 (BB); Rotring ArtPen (1,9mm); Rotring Rive; Cult Pens Mini (the original silver version), Waterman Carene (ultramarine F)

#5 Drawing61

Drawing61

Isle of Innisfree

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2017 - 15:15

Thanks to you all for your comments. I am eagerly awaiting my Orion.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none. Shakespeare

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: titanium nibs

Sponsored Content

|