A Waterman Hard Rubber Photo Thread

PenHero

Hi, Folks!

This is a Waterman 52 mottled red hard rubber lever fill pen and pencil set c1925. Waterman offered six holder sizes, with the 52 being the second smallest. It's 5 5/16 inches long capped and the matching pencil is 5 3/16. The pen has a Number 2 14 karat gold nib. Note the Ideal Globe Mark on the clip and lever. It sold for $4.00 in 1925. The riveted clip, lever and cap band are gold filled. The pencil operates by twisting the cone tip and refills by removing the cap top.
Found this set in an antique mall. All it needed was a new sac!
http://penhero.com/Temp/Waterman52_1280_01.jpg
Thanks!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• christof

• PenHero

• pen tom

• crescentfiller

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Jim. Lovely pen.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• 4 weeks later...

This is the type of nice 'find' that I dream of finding at antique stores. But I don't look often enough.

Very nice.

Thank you for posting, a wonderful set. They look in perfect condition, apart from the sac, are they literally as found?

• 10 months later...

Hi, Folks!

This is a Waterman 52 1/2 V Chased Vest Length black hard rubber ringtop lever fill pen c. 1919. The 4 5/16 inch long 52 1/2 V was the shortest size ebonite pen lever fill pen offered in the 1919 Waterman catalog. It was offered in five trim levels, Plain, Chased, Plain Gold Cap Band, Engraved Gold Cap Band, and Gold Cap Top with Eye for a chain. The Plain and Chased pens were $2.50. The trim is gold filled, though this example is very worn. The Waterman Globe logo appears on the end of the lever. The nib is stamped WATERMAN'S over IDEAL over REG. U.S. over PAT. OFF. There are two barrel stampings. In the middle of the barrel is a horizontal stamping of WATERMAN'S over REG. U.S. next to the Waterman Globe logo next to PAT. OFF. over FOUNTAIN PEN. The base of the barrel has WATERMAN'S over REG. U.S. PAT. OFF. over MADE IN U.S.A. The bottom of the barrel is stamped 51 1/2 V. Note the section is not all the way in the barrel. This pen needs to be serviced.
http://www.penhero.com/Temp/Waterman52_12V_1280_01.jpg
Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of similar pens, except that their furniture is nickel-plated. Good writers, though.

I love HR, and I love Waterman's - how could I miss this thread until now!?!

Here comes a picture of my 52V:

36264154474_4123fcff14_b.jpg

c.

Those 52v are magnificent, congratulations. I wonder if in the shows it will be easier to get them ....

Hard Rubber Red Ripples... #7 Red pen and pencil and my 54

post-5351-0-90701800-1532100451_thumb.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• 7 months later...

Hi, Folks!

This is a Waterman 52V Chased Vest Length black hard rubber lever fill pen c. 1919. The 4 5/16 inch long 52V was the shortest size hard rubber lever fill pen offered in the 1919 Waterman catalog. It was offered in five trim levels, Plain, Chased, Plain Gold Cap Band, Engraved Gold Cap Band, and Gold Cap Top with Eye for a chain. The Plain and Chased pens were $2.50. The patented Clip Cap clip may be silver and would have cost extra, 25 cents for a regular clip and 50 cents for a sterling silver one. The Waterman Globe logo appears on the end of the lever. The 14 karat gold nib is a replacement as the normal nib would be stamped WATERMAN'S over IDEAL over REG. U.S. over PAT. OFF. The barrel is stamped PAT'D. 1884 MAY 23, 1899 over WATERMAN'S next to the IDEAL logo next to FOUNTAIN - over PEN N.Y. U.S.A. & AUG. 4, 1903. The bottom of the barrel is stamped 52V. Note the difference in color from the section and upper barrel, very black, to the browning cap and barrel, giving an indication of the original color and the subsequent fading.
http://www.penhero.com/Temp/Waterman52V_1280_01.jpg
Thanks!