This is my third review and a casual one. So where do i begin, to the part where its a look alike of you know which pen :P

Jinhao Shark series fountain pen has a tripod grip that's comfortable for someone who would hate safari type section. I have used lamy safari and found it to be okay, no complaints at all regarding section grip.

JAWS :lticaptd: post-132614-0-05658700-1501142783_thumb.jpg

BUILD AND CONSTRUCTION QUALITY: No brainer, its a platic pen, a knock off, still its built well. Neither solid nor fragile, just in between and that's too good for the price. I bought a couple of these at once i saw these pens on aliexpress. These are now available on ebay too. It's a c/c pen.

post-132614-0-28273400-1501143796_thumb.jpg

post-132614-0-20242900-1501143926_thumb.jpg

SECTION: Writing specifically is a plesant experience thanks to its material quality, its a really smooth yet comfortable section. not slippery and not too harsh for long writing sessions. Personally, i'm using this pen for improving my handwriting, especially maintaining a regular font size in lower case letters.

post-132614-0-00290800-1501143094_thumb.jpg

NIB: The jinhao 0.5mm 'F' nib is buttery smooth and nearly no feedback, while the 0.38mm hooded type nib is a pleasant experiece too. smooth, toothy, will remind of pilot F nib. post-132614-0-00610900-1501143353_thumb.jpg

post-132614-0-31718900-1501143379_thumb.jpgpost-132614-0-00242000-1501143419_thumb.jpg

post-132614-0-36157600-1501143449_thumb.jpg

OVERALL EXPERIENCE: I'm happy with this pen, those who complain about the plumix cap not being too secure, this one gets rid of that issue. Eyedropper use is possible, its a all plastic body pen with no hole at the end of the barrel. I have used this pen for few days and i'm enjoying using this pen for long writing sessions. Probably a student pen considering the grip section. Nib swapping is easily possible, kanwrite (Indian users :D ) nib especially stub one is going to make this one even better.

post-132614-0-18774900-1501143771_thumb.jpg

GO AHEAD BUY IT !!! $1.3, that's it.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anuvratfpn

• goodpens

• Miaxina

• hungrynerd

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry for the large pics and non adjusted one's. Mobile browser limitations.

well every one has their liking, i bought it since its a cheapo and writes well and i do like the plumix.

Edited by anuvratfpn

This is so cute, never seen them before! And so many colours! Thank you for your review, getting them for me and my little sister :)

Edited by Miaxina

This is so cute, never seen them before! And so many colours! Thank you for your review, getting them for me and my little sister :)

There's a pink color too.

Yes! I see a total of 12 colours on aliexpress!

Seller by the store name Chris wen is there, he's selling pack of 12 for well under $20

THANK YOU for letting me know about this pen! I imagine the nibs are as good as the other Jinhaos I bought recently. And my sister, who has never shared my FP enthusiasm, loves sharks. I immediately bought her one of these (hooded nib/XF) in white (great white! since I couldn't find a grey one) from eBay, along with a pack of 10 black cartridges for about $2.50US shipped. I bought a matching pen for myself; great that it has an ink window. (A bright red would be fun/funny.) Can't wait for this pen to arrive. And I think my sister will love it and finally appreciate fountain pens.

Edited by goodpens

Nice review! These are really cute pens! I'm wondering if you have tried Jinhao 992, and how does the shark pens compare to the 992?

Cute pen. Nice pen to get children involved with learning to write with a fountain pen.

Nice review! These are really cute pens! I'm wondering if you have tried Jinhao 992, and how does the shark pens compare to the 992?

Much better in terms of built and construction. Section is very comfortable and ergonomic.

Nib is same as 992, same F nib that writes medium like.

THANK YOU for letting me know about this pen! I imagine the nibs are as good as the other Jinhaos I bought recently. And my sister, who has never shared my FP enthusiasm, loves sharks. I immediately bought her one of these (hooded nib/XF) in white (great white! since I couldn't find a grey one) from eBay, along with a pack of 10 black cartridges for about $2.50US shipped. I bought a matching pen for myself; great that it has an ink window. (A bright red would be fun/funny.) Can't wait for this pen to arrive. And I think my sister will love it and finally appreciate fountain pens.

Hooded nib writes smooth with a pleasant feedback. She woukd definitely love it.

Also the nibs are excellent, same as 992 F and extra fine nib of jinhao is same in this one.

Cute pen. Nice pen to get children involved with learning to write with a fountain pen.

Definitely, it does scream student pen straight from its look. The section is very nice, for its price it's a great pen.

Got 4 of the EF nib pens for me and my 3 younger sisters. Now for the wait!

Even the "I-will-never-use-a-weird-pen" sister caved in when she saw this, hope she'll like it enough to stick to FPs :D

• 4 weeks later...

I really like this pen including the tapered grip. It is comfortable to hold and use.

The only thing I don't care for is the lack of a clip. (I've already managed to lose one of mine for this reason.) If they could redesign the fin to also be a functional clip, I'd love this pen.

• 2 months later...

I had to hunt for a black one. It's filled with Diamine Grey cos Oxblood seemed a bit gruesome...

post-132839-0-55899000-1509359941_thumb.jpg

Will work for pens... :unsure:

I had to hunt for a black one. It's filled with Diamine Grey cos Oxblood seemed a bit gruesome...

attachicon.gifshark_pen.jpg

well i was looking for a black one too. this one looks great. also there's a grey color out there too. overall 12 colors, this plus the nib performance and the pricing makes it a must buy.

I really like this pen including the tapered grip. It is comfortable to hold and use.

The only thing I don't care for is the lack of a clip. (I've already managed to lose one of mine for this reason.) If they could redesign the fin to also be a functional clip, I'd love this pen.

Enjoy it as a clipless pen. Yes, for some clip is a must if one has to clip to the copy or a their pockets.

But still I'd like this pen the way it is.

Although, there is a penton pen, plumix knock off with a functional clip.