The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Jinhao Shark Series Fountain Pen

#jinhao #plumixknockoff #sharkseries #knockoff #jinhaosharkseries #jinhaoplumix #penwithplumixlikegrip

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 anuvratfpn

anuvratfpn

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:27

This is my third review and a casual one. So where do i begin, to the part where its a look alike of you know which pen  :P

Jinhao Shark series fountain pen has a tripod grip that's comfortable for someone who would hate safari type section. I have used lamy safari and found it to be okay, no complaints at all regarding section grip. 

JAWS :lticaptd: IMG_20170727_123500.jpg

BUILD AND CONSTRUCTION QUALITY: No brainer, its a platic pen, a knock off, still its built well. Neither solid nor fragile, just in between and that's too good for the price. I bought a couple of these at once i saw these pens on aliexpress. These are now available on ebay too. It's a c/c pen.

IMG_20170727_124212.jpg  

IMG_20170727_124003.jpg

SECTION: Writing specifically is a plesant experience thanks to its material quality, its a really smooth yet comfortable section. not slippery and not too harsh for long writing sessions. Personally, i'm using this pen for improving my handwriting, especially maintaining a regular font size in lower case letters. 

IMG_20170727_123612.jpg

NIB: The jinhao 0.5mm 'F' nib is buttery smooth and nearly no feedback, while the 0.38mm hooded type nib is a pleasant experiece too. smooth, toothy, will remind of pilot F nib. IMG_20170727_124955.jpg

IMG_20170727_124655.jpg IMG_20170727_125317.jpg

IMG_20170727_125327.jpg

OVERALL EXPERIENCE: I'm happy with this pen, those who complain about the plumix cap not being too secure, this one gets rid of that issue. Eyedropper use is possible, its a all plastic body pen with no hole at the end of the barrel. I have used this pen for few days and i'm enjoying using this pen for long writing sessions. Probably a student pen considering the grip section. Nib swapping is easily possible, kanwrite (Indian users :D ) nib especially stub one is going to make this one even better. 

IMG_20170727_125359.jpg

GO AHEAD BUY IT !!! $1.3, that's it.

Sponsored Content

#2 anuvratfpn

anuvratfpn

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:28

Sorry for the large pics and non adjusted one's. Mobile browser limitations. 

#3 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,556 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:30

Thank you for the review.  :)  This one is not for me.  -_-

flying-letter-exc.png

#4 anuvratfpn

anuvratfpn

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:33

well every one has their liking, i bought it since its a cheapo and writes well and i do like the plumix. 

Edited by anuvratfpn, 27 July 2017 - 08:34.

#5 Miaxina

Miaxina

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:22

This is so cute, never seen them before! And so many colours! Thank you for your review, getting them for me and my little sister :)

Edited by Miaxina, 27 July 2017 - 09:22.

#6 anuvratfpn

anuvratfpn

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:54

This is so cute, never seen them before! And so many colours! Thank you for your review, getting them for me and my little sister :)

There's a pink color too.

#7 Miaxina

Miaxina

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:14

There's a pink color too.

Yes! I see a total of 12 colours on aliexpress!

#8 anuvratfpn

anuvratfpn

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 July 2017 - 14:33

Yes! I see a total of 12 colours on aliexpress!

Seller by the store name Chris wen is there, he's selling pack of 12 for well under $20

#9 goodpens

goodpens

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 22:50

THANK YOU for letting me know about this pen! I imagine the nibs are as good as the other Jinhaos I bought recently. And my sister, who has never shared my FP enthusiasm, loves sharks. I immediately bought her one of these (hooded nib/XF) in white (great white! since I couldn't find a grey one) from eBay, along with a pack of 10 black cartridges for about $2.50US shipped. I bought a matching pen for myself; great that it has an ink window. (A bright red would be fun/funny.) Can't wait for this pen to arrive. And I think my sister will love it and finally appreciate fountain pens.

Edited by goodpens, 27 July 2017 - 22:54.

#10 aqua14

aqua14

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2017 - 18:59

Nice review!  These are really cute pens!  I'm wondering if you have tried Jinhao 992, and how does the shark pens compare to the 992?

#11 Helen350

Helen350

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2017 - 19:42

Cute pen.  Nice pen to get children involved with learning to write with a fountain pen.

#12 anuvratfpn

anuvratfpn

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:40

Nice review!  These are really cute pens!  I'm wondering if you have tried Jinhao 992, and how does the shark pens compare to the 992?

Much better in terms of built and construction. Section is very comfortable and ergonomic.
Nib is same as 992, same F nib that writes medium like.

#13 anuvratfpn

anuvratfpn

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:41

THANK YOU for letting me know about this pen! I imagine the nibs are as good as the other Jinhaos I bought recently. And my sister, who has never shared my FP enthusiasm, loves sharks. I immediately bought her one of these (hooded nib/XF) in white (great white! since I couldn't find a grey one) from eBay, along with a pack of 10 black cartridges for about $2.50US shipped. I bought a matching pen for myself; great that it has an ink window. (A bright red would be fun/funny.) Can't wait for this pen to arrive. And I think my sister will love it and finally appreciate fountain pens.

Hooded nib writes smooth with a pleasant feedback. She woukd definitely love it.
Also the nibs are excellent, same as 992 F and extra fine nib of jinhao is same in this one.

#14 anuvratfpn

anuvratfpn

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:42

Cute pen.  Nice pen to get children involved with learning to write with a fountain pen.

Definitely, it does scream student pen straight from its look. The section is very nice, for its price it's a great pen.

#15 Miaxina

Miaxina

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2017 - 19:00

Got 4 of the EF nib pens for me and my 3 younger sisters. Now for the wait!
Even the "I-will-never-use-a-weird-pen" sister caved in when she saw this, hope she'll like it enough to stick to FPs :D

#16 Purrceyz

Purrceyz

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:13

I really like this pen including the tapered grip. It is comfortable to hold and use.

The only thing I don't care for is the lack of a clip. (I've already managed to lose one of mine for this reason.) If they could redesign the fin to also be a functional clip, I'd love this pen.

#17 anuvratfpn

anuvratfpn

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:52

http://youtu.be/S5SwU7wbOJE

This is the first video review i have ever made. hope it satisfies most queries as to the end result i.e. performance of the pen.

#18 AmandaW

AmandaW

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:39

I had to hunt for a black one. It's filled with Diamine Grey cos Oxblood seemed a bit gruesome...

shark_pen.jpg

It's all about the greys...

#19 anuvratfpn

anuvratfpn

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 October 2017 - 11:59

I had to hunt for a black one. It's filled with Diamine Grey cos Oxblood seemed a bit gruesome...

attachicon.gifshark_pen.jpg

well i was looking for a black one too. this one looks great. also there's a grey color out there too. overall 12 colors, this plus the nib performance and the pricing makes it a must buy.

#20 anuvratfpn

anuvratfpn

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:25

I really like this pen including the tapered grip. It is comfortable to hold and use.

The only thing I don't care for is the lack of a clip. (I've already managed to lose one of mine for this reason.) If they could redesign the fin to also be a functional clip, I'd love this pen.

Enjoy it as a clipless pen. Yes, for some clip is a must if one has to clip to the copy or a their pockets.

But still I'd like this pen the way it is.

Although, there is a penton pen, plumix knock off with a functional clip.

Sponsored Content

|