Who Needs Clips Anyway? And Why Do I Make Mistakes?

jj9ball

I'm back in the shop after a little vacation and have a couple new pens to show for my efforts. The first two are both clipless styles made from red and blue flecked acrylic. I really like the simplicity of one color pens and focusing only on the shape and design. The blue one is more of a cigar style and doesn't post (its just fat). The red one is a little more refined and does post. Both have 13.5 mm sections and are on the larger size. They both have Schmidt k6 screw in converters and will also function well as an eyedropper.

The next pen is... well .... a ... mistake. I can explain. You see when I go out to my shop and start to make a pen. I just pull open the drawer and see all these pen blanks. My mind starts racing and I start dreaming up designs and color combinations and at no point and time do I think about my existing inventory. So I picked up this beautiful mossy seas acrylic blank and combined it with some lime green Italian resin and voila my next pen. The only issue is that it is almost a replica of a different pen I have for sale in my store. So I must really like this color because I picked it twice. :D The pen itself is medium sized at around 5 1/2" long and has a 13mm section.

All of the pens and many more are available in my store at www.jandjwooddesigns.net

Stay tuned. I am also working on a custom pen box made from Walnut burl veneer and walnut with a leather interior. I hope to have it done and for sale in the next week or two. If anybody has any questions or comments I would love to hear from you.

post-114414-0-09713000-1501118455_thumb.jpg

post-114414-0-75103900-1501118500_thumb.jpg

post-114414-0-76220100-1501118630_thumb.jpg

Come see some of my handmade pens!!!

www.jandjwooddesigns.net

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jj9ball

• Chrissy

• WolvertonMountain

• oldrifleman

I love that green color. I have a pair of hair sticks that color!!! It really looks sharp with the silver trim too.

I love that last pen too. :wub: I have to say that even though I don't use them for their original function, I do prefer to see a clip. :D

I love that last pen too. :wub: I have to say that even though I don't use them for their original function, I do prefer to see a clip. :D

I know how you feel. My personal EDC pen is one I made with no clip and it still feels weird to me sometimes.

Come see some of my handmade pens!!!

www.jandjwooddesigns.net

I think they are awesome!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I also like clips or "Stoppers" so things don't roll off the desk. that last "green" one is very nice!

I also like clips or "Stoppers" so things don't roll off the desk. that last "green" one is very nice!

Yes! That's what a clip is for! To stop the cap (or capped pen) from rolling off the desk. :P

Today folks, there is a solution to your problem. It's available now but you must act quickly for it may soon be sold out. If you act now, it's only two dollars. That's right, folks, just two greenbacks.

Here it is; please order soon...

http://www.indy-pen-dance.com/accommodation-pen-clip.html

Now that my carny stint is done, I do wonder what the shipping cost would be for just one.

C Clowers