The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Wing Sung 6359

wing sung chinese

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 vonManstein

vonManstein

Themoldypeaches

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2018 - 23:01

Its well made but not as well as the original. Still, it is 90% there for just 10% of the cost. Writing is very pleasant but mine is a gusher so I will not use it for every day use as it is just not practical, I might just as well write with a garden hose.
Inked: Sailor King Pro Gear, Cross Townsend, Aurora 88 Unica Nera, Aurora Optima Grey Flex, Parker Sonnet Chiselled Carbon, Montblanc 149, Delta Dolcevita Oversize, Nakaya Long Cigar Aka-tamenuri.

Sponsored Content

#62 vonManstein

vonManstein

Themoldypeaches

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2018 - 23:03

Feed in my Wing Sung 6359 can be extracted. The first extraction was fairly tough and actually executed by accident... Sorry for the poor image quality - it is taken by a phone.

fpn_1532711058__img_20180727_185752.jpg

In fact, the pen does not accept international cartridges - the lip diameter is significantly bigger. Lamy cartridges do not fit too. I am not sure which kind of cartridges it accepts, I do not have the mentioned Hero 3.4mm cartridges.

Lamy cartridges fit.
Inked: Sailor King Pro Gear, Cross Townsend, Aurora 88 Unica Nera, Aurora Optima Grey Flex, Parker Sonnet Chiselled Carbon, Montblanc 149, Delta Dolcevita Oversize, Nakaya Long Cigar Aka-tamenuri.

#63 vonManstein

vonManstein

Themoldypeaches

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2018 - 23:03

I think I will get another one, from what I can see not all of them are gushers.

Edited by vonManstein, 15 November 2018 - 23:05.

#64 bob_hayden

bob_hayden

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2018 - 20:59

Or another converter.

#65 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2018 - 23:07

there are a lot of counterfeits of these out these days.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#66 sodul

sodul

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:19

An update on my 'fake' 6359, an All Star inspired pen really. I ordered a few EF nibs (5 for $0.99 shipped) and the new nib does not tend to get sprung. The fit is not perfect making the tines a little spread apart and so the pen is now a smooth wet Fine writer. I also reset the screw with the cap finial and the experience with the pen is much better than I remembered last year and I kind of like it now. Sometimes the difference between a bad pen and a good one is just a matter of tuning, and to swap a bad nib for a good one.

#67 bob_hayden

bob_hayden

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 938 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:39

And I have had good luck with some of the clones of the 6359 so pen to pen variability may be an issue as well. 

#68 Bobje

Bobje

We're all bozos on this bus.

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:55

What eBay seller of the 6359 tends to be reliable? The last one I purchased wasn’t aluminum, but some kind of metallicized plastic. The nib and converter were fine.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

#69 bob_hayden

bob_hayden

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 938 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2018 - 20:49

I think real ones cost more than $3 while the various clones are less than $2.  That should narrow it down to a very few sellers.  I honestly do not remember where I got mine, but my choice would be jewelrymathematics, and not just because I was a math. major;-)  He has a 99.9% positive feedback rating on eBay.  He does not make many mistakes, but may be hard to convince if he does make one.  You could order from him and use this thread to see if you get the real thing.  Or you could contact him in advance with a list of signs of being genuine that you plan to use.  I have dealt with him for years.  Just recently there was a rare screwup because Wing sung used the model number 322 for two different pens.  It took some persuading, but he did make good on the error. 

#70 Ayla

Ayla

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2019 - 20:42

I love this pen, but I've been noticing that my pen leaks ink near the top and I can't figure out why or where its coming from. The nib isn't creeping and there are no cracks that I know of. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix?

#71 MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 June 2019 - 14:20

This is one of the best pens available in the world imo. I just wish there was a bigger ink capacity. Does anyone know of bigger international converters?

Link to a post about ergonomics I made: http://www.fountainp...with/?p=4179072

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wing sung, chinese

Sponsored Content

|