Wing Sung 6359

vojtahlad

Just click on them...

If you accept feedback on your review format, next time please add this note to the initial post because I was also squinting and using the browser's zoom to make the pictures bigger. Thank you for the review.

Edited by RoyalBlueNotebooks

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bob_hayden

• sodul

• Honeybadgers

• vojtahlad

Most of the pens advertised as 6359s on eBay are not. Here are specific flavors of four other AL-Star clones I own. All are XF,

The metal one sodul mentioned. Mine is a bit toothy but I like it. However, I don't know how to get another. Like sodul, I ordered a 6359 and got this.

The Yiren 312C which is not usually sold as a 6359 but rather as a "568" with no brand. I have three of these and like them all. Mine have open nibs, The finish looks metallic but I think it is plastic. Two flats, "Yiren" on the barrel, "359C" on sticker on cap, chrome clip, clear section, black feed, "+" on finial. Sold by hejing1314 with whom I have had generally good experiences. 99 cents US. This would be my top choice unless you have some way to ensure you get a real 6359.

A pen that looks like a Yiren 359C but with no Yiren markings and a smoke section. $1.39. I have two. One is really nice; the other has more tooth than I would like. $1.39, Sold as a 6359 and I don't know how you would tell in advance if you will get one of these instead so I would go with the Yiren.

A pen that looks like the one above but has a black clip, nothing on the finial, gunmetal nib, and section color matching body. One of mine is a slightly metallic dark teal and the other is flat black. These are the only colors available and are quite distinctive. The teal pen writes very well; the black one has barely adequate flow with Hero carbon Black ink (which is known to be balky). Search for

New plastic popular classic Matte

$1.65 from laonan123, a reasonable seller. The seller does not advertise it as a 6359 so you can be reasonably confident you will get one of these rather than a random fake. The photos on eBay are quite accurate as to what these look like and you may like their looks.

Most of the pens advertised as 6359s on eBay are not. Here are specific flavors of four other AL-Star clones I own. All are XF,

The metal one sodul mentioned. Mine is a bit toothy but I like it. However, I don't know how to get another. Like sodul, I ordered a 6359 and got this.

The Yiren 312C which is not usually sold as a 6359 but rather as a "568" with no brand. I have three of these and like them all. Mine have open nibs, The finish looks metallic but I think it is plastic. Two flats, "Yiren" on the barrel, "359C" on sticker on cap, chrome clip, clear section, black feed, "+" on finial. Sold by hejing1314 with whom I have had generally good experiences. 99 cents US. This would be my top choice unless you have some way to ensure you get a real 6359.

A pen that looks like a Yiren 359C but with no Yiren markings and a smoke section. $1.39. I have two. One is really nice; the other has more tooth than I would like. $1.39, Sold as a 6359 and I don't know how you would tell in advance if you will get one of these instead so I would go with the Yiren.

A pen that looks like the one above but has a black clip, nothing on the finial, gunmetal nib, and section color matching body. One of mine is a slightly metallic dark teal and the other is flat black. These are the only colors available and are quite distinctive. The teal pen writes very well; the black one has barely adequate flow with Hero carbon Black ink (which is known to be balky). Search for

New plastic popular classic Matte

$1.65 from laonan123, a reasonable seller. The seller does not advertise it as a 6359 so you can be reasonably confident you will get one of these rather than a random fake. The photos on eBay are quite accurate as to what these look like and you may like their looks.

Thanks for the informative overview and comments. Finding a 6359 (Wing Sung on the barrel and a metallic body) can be challenging. I order several that were advertised as aluminum WS 6359 and the first one to arrive turned out to be plastic. When I complained I was issued a refund and the orders in process were cancelled (and a refund received).

At this point I have eight or nine different colors with metal (aluminum) barrels which write nicely and have xf nibs.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

• 4 weeks later...

With some tweaking I have gotten the flat black pen to write a bit better. Since the nib on the other pen I bought at the same time is fine, I also just ordered another flat black one. I see you can order the nibs separately as well. They are somewhere between black and gunmetal in finish and so look quite distinctive. Better buy a bunch and pick through them for a good one;-)

I also ordered and received a carmine clone similar to the one sodul described above, and the one I received earlier in plain aluminum finish. The eBay listing said

NEW OFFICE fashion Matte metal GIFT COLOER EF NIB fountain pen

though it's not a matte finish. What these two have that sets them apart from all the other Safari-like pens is two grooves cut into the cap near its closed end, and a clip that enters the cap above the two grooves. All the others I have seen have one groove and the clip enters the cap in the groove. My two have metal construction, black clips, clear sections, and black feeds. You can see if there is ink in the pen by pointing the nib down and looking through the clear section. They have XF to XXf nibs with a bit of tooth but I like them.

Edited by bob_hayden

• 1 month later...

Does it use the 3.4mm Hero 359 cartridges? I don't usually bother with cartridges, unless there is an odd colour I know I won't be using a lot of. You said it does not take International Cartridges I believe & the number made me think of the Hero cartridges.

I am not sure whom "you" and "it" refer to. The only use of the word "international" I could find on this page was in today's post. In any case, to the best of my recollection the Jinhaos (which seems to include the Hero Al Star clone) are the only Safari clones that take international cartridges. The rest take Hero 359 cartridges (and/or Parker or Lamy). But I may have overlooked something. It seems like every pen factory in China is cranking out Safari clones, many of them carrying no clear identification of source. For all I know there may be ones that take Sheaffer or even Wearever cartridges;-) Maybe even 30-06,

Edited by bob_hayden

I have a couple of Wing Sung 6359, i wondered if any of you kind gentleman or ladies have tried removing the feed from the pen , to me it looks molded inside the section and ive had no success removing it . I would really be interested in your experiences in case im missing something.

Thanks all for listening

Molding that in one piece looks to me like a very ambitious project for a pen in this price range. I looked at the one real 6359 I have and it certainly does feel like the feed is not eager to come out, but it could be glued or a force fit.

Does your pen say "Wing Sung" on the barrel? I ask because most pens sold as 6359s are clones. Whatever the correct answer to your question for the real 6359 things could be different for one or more of the clones.

Thanks for the reply .

Yes it does say wing sung on the barrel .

I agree about the molding in place that would be expensive, if possible at all but the feed certainly will not budge.

I just wondered what other peoples experiences were.

Many thanks for your comments :)

Thanks for the reply .

Yes it does say wing sung on the barrel .

I agree about the molding in place that would be expensive, if possible at all but the feed certainly will not budge.

The messy production may have partly molded the feed to the inner wall of the section.

Try to immerge the section in hot water, then twist the nib and feed, rotating them. Since the feed is friction fit, the rotation should detach it from the section.

If it doesn't budge it means that the molded surface area is too big to remove it safely.

RBN, are you saying you have been able to remove the feed from at least one 6359?

matt49, why do you want to remove the feed? If you want Al-Star styling but a different nib than one of the 6359 clones might prove an easier path. I do not normally remove nibs or feeds from my pens so I can't say which clone.

RBN, are you saying you have been able to remove the feed from at least one 6359?

I was about to write "yes I did" and I pulled out my WS 6359 from the drawer, when I realized that I had been thinking about the WS 3001 all along, with which I had problems about ink getting stuck somewhere in the feed and it was (also) partly molded into the section.

My apologies, I still haven't managed to disassemble the 6359. I don't have enough grip on the tiny feed. If it had fins or if it jutted out more it would be easier.

Same here, I've had no success in removing the feed from my genuine 6359, or my 3008. The section can't be punched from the back due to the modern design and there is not much to grip on from the front, even a piece of rubber for gripping does not grip enough. I do not have a 'section tool' though and that might have enough grip to work. I definitely believe it is just fiction fit but a very tight fit and I'm afraid the transparent plastic is 'harder' and so more brittle than the plastic on black sections and feeds making them less serviceable.

If you want to remove the feed to clean it, your best bet is a proper ultrasonic cleaner to help break and dislodge hardened ink and then let your section drain down onto a towel so it will help wick out ink residue.

Feed in my Wing Sung 6359 can be extracted. The first extraction was fairly tough and actually executed by accident... Sorry for the poor image quality - it is taken by a phone.

fpn_1532711058__img_20180727_185752.jpg

In fact, the pen does not accept international cartridges - the lip diameter is significantly bigger. Lamy cartridges do not fit too. I am not sure which kind of cartridges it accepts, I do not have the mentioned Hero 3.4mm cartridges.

How badly do you want it out?-) It's a piece of cake with Vise-Grips.

Look at all those fins on the feed! Imagine that a mold would have to fill all those spaces and you can see that it would be no easy task separating the plastic from the mold if the feed really were molded as part of the section.

Hero 359 cartridges used to be readily available on eBay but all I could find today was the weird ones with blue-black ink in cartridges in shades of green. The listing title is

6pcs Blue and black ink only fit for 359 HERO fountain pen ink cartridges

These should work as well.

8 12Pcs Black Blue Color ink Cartridges Refill Universal design Fountain pen ink

These work for me

Thornton's Luxury Goods Fountain Pen Lamy® Ink Cartridges, Pack of 40 - Assorted

All these options are really cheap -- less per cc than most bottled ink.

It looks to me like Parker cartridges would fit though those tend to leak in some pens designed for the 359 cartridges.

Edited by bob_hayden

I like to remove feeds when cleaning pens , that's the only reason i want to remove it , well that and i like to see how things come apart.

Now i've seen its possible ill have another go .

Thanks all for your help

Greatly appreciated :D

• 2 months later...

An eBay seller has a 99 cent deal on a yellow-green pen that is also a clone of the Lamy Safari or Al-Star.

Luxury Men's Fountain Pen Business Student Gift Nib 0.38mm Calligraphy Durable

I am hedging because it has a metallic finish that looks like the Al-Star but is in fact plastic like the Safari. As these clones go it has a smooth black finial, a chrome clip that goes right into the single groove on the cap, two flats but no markings on the barrel, black feed, very dark smoke section, and a nib styled like the original. It writes OK, but it has a balky feel to it, as though the ink really does not want to flow, and the nib does not want to move across the page. But I do believe it is the first Al-Star clone under $1. I would suggest a very free flowing and well lubricated ink.

Edited by bob_hayden

I hate to give links to eBay listings because those expire so quickly. This site already has way too many dead links;-( If the item continues to be available, sellers just keep relisting under the same title. So, I gave the title and you can just get on eBay and copy/paste that into the search window. My experience is that this works until the item is no longer for sale. Is that not working for you?

Here is a picture as consolation.

s-l1600.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I just received the brown one at the far left in the image -- $1.08. This functions perfectly but also has an odd feel to it. Certainly worth the price. I like to match the pen color to the ink color but brown and purple pens are scarcer than brown or purple ink so I am happy to have this.