Hi From Yorkshire :) (Uk)

InkyKinkajou

Welcome, Honeybear !

(An old acquaintance, at the National Zoo, called the Kinkajou a "honeybear".)

I welcome all your questions. Not that I can answer them, but I often learn a great deal from the answers and the discussions that follow.

What do you use for daily writing ?

Oh yay, someone knows what a kinkajou is!!! My hubby calls me honeybear and my pooch is called Bear too!

My daily writers are my Pilot Capless Black and White aka Stormtrooper and my TWSBI 580 Diamond, I only have a Parker Sonnet apart from these two but I get more pleasure out of the Capless and TWSBI.

:) Thanks for the warm welcomes!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oneill

• InkyKinkajou

• fjoly79

• Pen Nut

Hi oneill

I've heard about Jinhao before, they do seem mega cheap! Which model do you recommend?

I'm currently using either a TWSBI 580 or my newest love a Pilot Capless Black and White, both medium nibs as I tend to go all out spider-scrawl with finer nibs!

You must have a messed up accent being originally from good ol' Geordieland and now in Australia! I'm originally from Essex, but no real accent left from there, no one seems to know where I'm from :)

Oneill's Reply

The best Jinhao pen I think having been the person who named it is a pen which is listed in either of two names as follows, The Abalone Fountain pen or as it is known by its other name, The Mother Of Pearl. I had the priviledge of Editing the webpages of Jinhao,& Baoer years ago for FREE. they make both of these pens plus many other affordable pens which are very versatile in that now you can buy a Flex nib and change the pen so that it writes Flexy or as I call it Sexy!!! I like this pen so much at the moment I have three of them,If you look on E-Bay you will find lots of them for under $50. some even for about $35.There are others on there which have no resemblance to a Abalone pen,my advice, leave them alone.Seeing that you are NEW treat yourself by logging on to the Fountain Pen Hospital and ask for to be put on their list to receive their Annual Magazine which is full of information about pens,they also list pens which have been refurbished by them and NEW pens of quality.Any more questions just ask away,Trust Me. oneill

Edited by oneill

Hi oneill

I've heard about Jinhao before, they do seem mega cheap! Which model do you recommend?

I'm currently using either a TWSBI 580 or my newest love a Pilot Capless Black and White, both medium nibs as I tend to go all out spider-scrawl with finer nibs!

You must have a messed up accent being originally from good ol' Geordieland and now in Australia! I'm originally from Essex, but no real accent left from there, no one seems to know where I'm from :)

Welcome from Texas! If you ever feel like doing some genealogy work, my ancestors emigrated from the area between Pickering/Thornton Dale and Scarborough back in the 1850's! I hope to make it over there some day!

Hi oneill

Hi there, welcome to the forum! I'm in the UK also, Scotland.

I can second on the Jinhao of you're interested in them, they're very cheap yes but surprisingly good. I've bought a few! They aren't a top end pen like some of my more expensive ones but if you're buying at the lower end you'd be well served getting one and they come in so many designs. I personally enjoy the Jinhao x450. Amazon for just a few quid.

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Network! :W2FPN: We're glad to have you with us!

All the way from Yorkshire? Perhaps you can tell us why it is called Yorkshire pudding? :)

http://www.penchalet.com/images/logo-amazon.jpg

www.penchalet.com

Hello and welcome to you from a bit down the M62 in Manchester :)

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Hello and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

A very hearty welcome from a Geordie now living in Adelaide Australia,Jinaho and Baoer both from the same company, are very good pens to buy if you are just starting a collection,they are very affordable and made from solid Brass and can have one of the smoothest nibs you will get,Should you have problms with starting up it could be caused by the Convertor which has been a problem for years due to the fact that when the pen is being made they are NOT flushed out to get rid of the manufacturers oil, the company leaves that to the buyer to keep the cost DOWN,It should cause you very little problems other than that,Trust Me, Oneill

Hi

I've been lurking about here for ages getting some insight and info from you guys for a good year, so I thought I should register to say hello and ta very much like ;)

Hope it's okay for me to ask some questions!

Ask all the questions you like, someone is bound to answer you especially if the questions are about Fountain Pens,Trust Me, Oneill. By the way I love Yorkshire Pudding and CHIPS.Welcome to this fabulous Forum it is great to see so many new members signing on so that they can extend their learning process in a very short time and that they will certainly do.There are so many Forums which can help you all you have to do is ASK. Trust Me. Oneill

Edited by oneill

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Network! :W2FPN: We're glad to have you with us!

All the way from Yorkshire? Perhaps you can tell us why it is called Yorkshire pudding? :)

Let me Guess, because its made in Yorkshire,Oneill

Edited by oneill

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Let me Guess, because its made in Yorkshire,Oneill

Bit like Eccles cakes eh ;)

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

• 3 months later...

Hi

I've been lurking about here for ages getting some insight and info from you guys for a good year, so I thought I should register to say hello and ta very much like ;)

Hope it's okay for me to ask some questions!

Welcome from an ex Geordie from Sunderland, make yourself at home there are some very nice people

here and if you need help with anything to do with F Pens just ask and you are bound to get it HERE,Oneill