The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Which Esterbrook Model Do You Favor?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

Brain freeze, mmm... got pens?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,848 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 20:06

Probably, just have to find something around a #5.

All the nib units are the same and interchange; L, LJ, SJ, transitional, pastel, desk, etc.

I've put the same Chinese nibs into a Parker Duofold Jr and Vacumatic that had broken/missing nibs.  So it is likely that the reverse will work, and those Parker nibs will fit into an Esterbrook nib assembly.

Oh oh, that probably got FB upset at me  :(

I could start selling my pens to Weimer and I'd still be selling to a Gary...but he doesn't buy Parkers so you might be safe.

If I am pushed to answer which Esterbrook is the keeper and I'm limited to production pens, I would say the red one.

San Francisco International Pen Show - They have dates! August 25-26-27, 2017 AND August 24-25-26, 2018 Book your travel and tables now! My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Sponsored Content

#22 JakobS

JakobS

Far From the Madding Crowd

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2017 - 22:41

All time favorite is the full size Dollar pens, followed by the Relief 2-L, and SM Deluxe.

The ones that I don't own yet, would be the rest of the Relief pens, the Visumaster, and the early deluxe like pen with a military clip.

Edited by JakobS, 26 July 2017 - 22:42.

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!For Sale: TBA

#23 corgicoupe

corgicoupe

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2017 - 23:09

I could start selling my pens to Weimer and I'd still be selling to a Gary...but he doesn't buy Parkers so you might be safe.

If I am pushed to answer which Esterbrook is the keeper and I'm limited to production pens, I would say the red one.

I like the red ones too, but the grays are also very nice.

Gary sold a VS to me, so he must buy some Parkers...

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

#24 gweimer1

gweimer1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2017 - 23:21

I like the red ones too, but the grays are also very nice.

Gary sold a VS to me, so he must buy some Parkers...

B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)

#25 gweimer1

gweimer1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,167 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2017 - 23:21

Parkers for sale, you say?  Ears perking up....   :D

#26 gweimer1

gweimer1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,167 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2017 - 23:23

All time favorite is the full size Dollar pens, followed by the Relief 2-L, and SM Deluxe.

The ones that I don't own yet, would be the rest of the Relief pens, the Visumaster, and the early deluxe like pen with a military clip.

Then you need to find a Relief 66 - basically a bigger version of the Dollar B.  I also have a Relief 12, which is more like a Conway Stewart 28 (?).  I definitely need a Visumaster....one of these days.

Sponsored Content

|