The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Newbie With A Stipula

stipula etruria newbie rainbow prisma questions nib nib swap

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bellatrix

Bellatrix

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2017 - 23:15

First of all: hello. Newb here. Please be gentle with me. (but not too gentle ;) )

So I got hypnotized by the Stipula Etruria Rainbow Prisma. i clicked "BUY" before I knew what I was in for.

Fortunately it's a lovely pen so far and I do like it quite a bit, but what would make me love it is a Stub nib.

Does anyone have any experience changing nibs in an Etruria Rainbow?

Anything I should know?

I am hesitant to do anything without some idea of what I'm doing.

Any tips or advice?

Sponsored Content

#2 linearM

linearM

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:52

What is the nib width?  You could send it out and have it ground to a stub or cursive italic if it was an M, B, or BB. There are quite a few nibmeisters who will do the job for you.  One that I have used is Pendleton Brown.

I looked up the pen on Fountain Pen Hospital's site, it indicated only an M titanium nib was available. Who did you purchase the pen from, I would check with the dealer?  I have a Stipula Casa Mila with the titanium nib and found it to be an OK nib.  I am not sure if a titanium nib can be modified you would have to check.

Edited by linearM, 24 July 2017 - 03:07.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stipula, etruria, newbie, rainbow, prisma, questions, nib, nib swap

Sponsored Content

|