Vintage Senior

Woody1

Hi all, this is my first post ever hope you can help ! I have a parker senior Duofold fountain pen and pencil set ,imprint reads lucky curve Toronto Canada pat 5 . It's pre war circa 1920s and has a triple gold cap band, button filler all in good condition except pencil has a tiny dent in the top.

I'm not a collector and have been left these by my father . Would a collector want to buy them? As I have no idea of there availability or value.

Can anyone help me?

Many thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• mitto

• peterg

• Woody1

I agree, both items desirable, and searching the usual ebay listings should give you an idea of value............ but, had these had come down from my Father I'd want to keep them as family mementos, so perhaps you should wait a while before parting with them - in the years to come you may regret selling items that might one day be the source of great memories.

Edited by PaulS

Don't ever think about selling the set. Keep it in memory of your late father and enjoy using it.

Khan M. Ilyas

Don't ever think about selling the set. Keep it in memory of your late father and enjoy using it.

+ 1

If you wish to sell them rather than keep them, then maybe you could have a look on eBay to see how much previous ones have sold for. Alternatively, if you have a local auction house in your area they might include pens in some of their sales, so you could ask them. :)

There are many people who may never be fountain pen users, and who may prefer to keep other items that they have inherited from their parents. I don't think there is any point trying to put Woody under any pressure to keep something he may never want or use, especially when some other people would be crying out to buy them so that they could use them. :)

Just a reminder, that FPN is not an appraisal site, and the guidelines clearly state that asking values with intent to sell isn't allowed. Just pointing this out since Woody1s posts have been confined to asking questions about the value of the pen and possible sale of the pen.

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.