• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrDebG

• Cyber6

• ENewton

• praxim

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 ... this is also a colour I like a lot. Thanks for the great review, Deborah. I've got a sample of Purple Jazz too, and will try it out in the coming weeks. It will be interesting to compare our impressions.

-- herman

Hmm... the sample I got is definitely NOT Purple Jazz, but appears to be Plumb Nut. Sorry...

You have a mislabelled sample, I don't care what Anderson says, that is NOT Purple Jazz.

And yes, Purple Jazz is a relabelled Purple Soul.

Purple Soul was a specific fundraising project where 100% (yes.. 100%) of the wholesale price went to Children's Charity work in Australia. The name was part of the deal with the Charities. Once the time line of the program ran out, Robert changed the name to keep offering it.

Purple Jazz is a complicated purple... greyish on some paper, but purple none the less.

Thank you for the great comment. I understand what you are saying. When I first looked at the color of my sample, I thought "something is wrong here". So I checked on Anderson, and Vanness (Goulet didn't have it). They all looked purple. I then contacted Anderson to see if there was some mix up. They confirmed that I had the right sample. I don't know what to tell you, unless something happened to it in the mail. But then, I had about 40 samples and you would think that something would have happened to another. I would be interested to see what other people get.

I just checked the Vanness website. It appears as though Purple Soul is relabeled as Purple Jazz. https://vanness1938.com/collections/robert-oster-inks/products/robert-oster-purple-soul

Interesting. They add "Good shading, some blue-ish sheen on low-absorbency paper"

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Perhaps the bottle received by Anderson was mislabelled? I've had one (not Purple Soul), direct from Oster, that had an incorrect colour name sticker on it. Having said that, I didn't like Purple Soul because it was much more blue-grey than I expected.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Right... Maybe Anderson had a mislabelled bottle.

It happens all the time, mislabelled bottle from manufacturers and mislabelled samples from re-sellers. In any case, I can assure what you have is not Purple Jazz. ;)

C.

Perhaps the bottle received by Anderson was mislabelled? I've had one (not Purple Soul), direct from Oster, that had an incorrect colour name sticker on it. Having said that, I didn't like Purple Soul because it was much more blue-grey than I expected.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Which others have you tried, and what was the problem? I wish there were more reviews of specific Oster purple inks on this forum.

My stand of samples is at work, and I'm not, but I think Barossa Grape, Purple Rock and one other. To my eye all three were muddy and dull, especially compared with the amazing greens and turquoises they do (big fan of Moss in particular.) But then when it comes to purples I like vivid tones!

Reminds me vaguely of DeAtramentis Plum. Goes on the wish list.

Thank you for your great comment! Perhaps Anderson mislabelled as Cyber6 has said.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

You have a mislabelled sample, I don't care what Anderson says, that is NOT Purple Jazz.

And yes, Purple Jazz is a relabelled Purple Soul.

Purple Soul was a specific fundraising project where 100% (yes.. 100%) of the wholesale price went to Children's Charity work in Australia. The name was part of the deal with the Charities. Once the time line of the program ran out, Robert changed the name to keep offering it.

Purple Jazz is a complicated purple... greyish on some paper, but purple none the less.

Thank you so much for your comment. I know that you are much more familiar with Robert Oster inks than I am. I trust your judgment.

Please understand that I am no way impugning the ink. It is marvelous. My sample, however, doesn't look very purple. I will contact Anderson Pens again and see if we can determine what happened. In addition, since this seems to be a bit of a debate, I will ask the moderators to remove this post.

Thank you again.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Thank you for your comment.

Right... Maybe Anderson had a mislabelled bottle.

It happens all the time, mislabelled bottle from manufacturers and mislabelled samples from re-sellers. In any case, I can assure what you have is not Purple Jazz. ;)

C.

Dear Cyber6,

Here is Anderson Pens response to my inquiry:

Deborah,

Based on the photos you sent the ink you have is Purple Jazz. I just did a couple of swabs of it and it matches the writing

samples you provided. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Chris

Anderson Pens

10 E. College Ave, #112A

Appleton, WI 54911

(920) 997-8220

www.andersonpens.com

I do understand that mislabeling can occur, and that is why I contacted Anderson Pens right away. When they confirmed that my sample was indeed what they had, I thought it might be intentional on the part of the manufacturer.

Please understand I am not trying to criticize Robert Oster in any way. I enjoy the ink. It just wasn't what I was expecting. But, to be fair I have requested this topic to be deleted so that someone may do a "correct" review of the ink.

At this point I am wondering what a "correct" review would be, so I would not like to see any part of this one removed. We have contention over correct naming. I have an interest in the ink so would like to make sure I would be ordering the right thing, whatever it is called. Perhaps there could be a comparison of candidates?

X

Please understand I am not trying to criticize Robert Oster in any way. I enjoy the ink. It just wasn't what I was expecting. But, to be fair I have requested this topic to be deleted so that someone may do a "correct" review of the ink.

Oh dear... please do not remove anything and I NEVER thought you were criticizing.

I tend to come across as abrassive and I apologize... Not your fault, just my "natural" way of saying things. :blush:

I blame it on the fact that I am the youngest of four, had to fight my way over three much older siblings... or the fact that I was a tom-boy... and even the fact that English is not my first language. ;)

In any case, if I sounded cross.. is nothing to do with you or anyone. Just trying to be factual .. That looks to me like Midnight Sapphire, and that is that. Anderson might have a mislabeled bottle and they are not aware of it. Not the end of the world. :P

I would love to send you samples for you to compare. Drop me a message with your address. :D

C.

Edited by Cyber6

**** BauerInks.ca ****

At this point I am wondering what a "correct" review would be, so I would not like to see any part of this one removed. We have contention over correct naming. I have an interest in the ink so would like to make sure I would be ordering the right thing, whatever it is called. Perhaps there could be a comparison of candidates?

Thank you for your comment. Perhaps you are correct. I have contacted Anderson Pens again. As a scientist, I like to be precise. If it is a labelling issue, it is all of our interest to help notified the distributor and/or manufacturer of the error.

Oh dear... please do not remove anything and I NEVER thought you were criticizing.

I tend to come across as abrassive and I apologize... Not your fault, just my "natural" way of saying things. :blush:

I blame it on the fact that I am the youngest of four, had to fight my way over three much older siblings... or the fact that I was a tom-boy... and even the fact that English is not my first language. ;)

Ian any case, if I sounded cross.. is nothing to do with you or anyone. Just trying to be factual .. That looks to me like Midnight Sapphire, and that is that. Anderson might have a mislabeled bottle and they are not aware of it. Not the end of the world. :P

I would love to send you samples for you to compare. Drop me a message with your address. :D

C.

No worries. :D

English is my native language, I do not communicate as well as I should.

More importantly, I did not consider you abrasive, merely passionate. I appreciate that quality.

And I appreciate your interest in being factual. I am a scientist, and I like to be as precise as I can be. But I also like to be an informed buyer. That is one of the reasons I posted this review. :yikes:

I have contacted Anderson Pens again to inform them of our discussion. I really like the Andersons and want to help them in any way I can to be successful. If this was a mislabeled sample, or if they received a mislabeled bottle, I would like them to be aware of it.

But I really appreciate your comments and have not taken offense.

I think updating this fine review with the actual name is a great idea. It would be a shame if a fan of that greenish shade ordered Purple Jazz, expecting it to be green, and received purple--and equally a shame if someone looking for a nice purple missed out on Purple Jazz because he or she assumed it would be green.

My apologies.. I had NO IDEA this colour was a b*tch to photograph.... LOL... It does looks bluish... but I can still see the purple in it.

To the naked eye, is a lot more purple.... But is a cold purple, not a warm one.

fpn_1501081944__purplejazz01.jpg

Crop of the ink smear.. .

fpn_1501082098__purplejazz02.jpg

**** BauerInks.ca ****

My apologies.. I had NO IDEA this colour was a b*tch to photograph.... LOL... It does looks bluish... but I can still see the purple in it.

To the naked eye, is a lot more purple.... But is a cold purple, not a warm one.

fpn_1501081944__purplejazz01.jpg

Crop of the ink smear.. .

fpn_1501082098__purplejazz02.jpg

Thank you Claudia. Yes it is definitely a cold purple. This is more what I thought it might be.