Karas Pen Co - Clearance Items, New Pen, And Pen Club

Karas Kustoms

http://i68.tinypic.com/o0xmyo.jpg

BARSTOCK CLEARANCE!
After much deliberation, we are discontinuing the Barstock K Series. The Barstock pens were something we added to our line when we were asked for a true "beat around" pen. Something that a person could carry around in a rough environment and would hold up to any and all abuse. We didn't do anything special to the outside of the pen, leaving it unturned in its raw form. The caps are smooth caps, something we've never offered on a pen before. Outside of the clip there aren't any changes to the outside of the pen, the idea was the pen would look like a raw piece of material that we use to make our K Series pens.

We are out of stock on the white Delrin and phenolic bodies, and have decided discontinue and sell through the raw aluminum and black Delrin rather than make more of these pens. We have some design ideas in a replacement bang around pen that we'll be prototyping this year.

The Barstock pens have the following new Closeout Pricing:
Barstock Render K - $40.00 USD
Barstock Fountain K - $55.00 USD

Decograph - Design. History. Technology.
http://i63.tinypic.com/rmtxeh.jpg

A streamlined, classically-influenced pen with a modern look and feel. The Decograph is a design and material hybrid that brings together elements of our metal writing instruments with fully machined thermoplastics into a quality writing experience. We've spent time looking at our particular influences in art and design along with our desire to produce high quality writing instruments and crafted a pen we feel fits our aesthetic and speaks to where we have been going as a company. Drawing on Art Deco influences of the early 20th Century and using 21st Century CNC Machining technology, we're translating our ideas into a pen that blends aircraft grade aluminum and stainless steel with modern high-strength thermoplastics fully machined in Mesa, Arizona. For more information on this pen, check out are pre-release video. Available August 2017.

KARAS PEN CLUB COIN
http://i63.tinypic.com/20sauqp.jpg
The wait is over! The Karas Pen Club Coin is available for purchase on our website. If you haven't heard of our custom coin, I'm not sure where you've been, but on the off chance you missed some of our other videos or social media posts, here's a briefing on it. Or you could just watch the video linked HERE.
The 2017 Karas Pen Club Coin features custom graphics minted on an all copper coin that we partnered with Shire Post Mint to have done specifically for the Karas Pen Club. Purchasing the coin doesn't just get you this sweet coin, but brings with it membership into the Karas Pen Club and a list of benefits for members. Some of those benefits are:

• Exclusive early access to new releases, limited edition items, and special editions sets.
  • Introductory, members only pricing on select limited edition items and special edition sets.
  • Access to free Karas Pen Club swag when you flash your coin to a Karas Pen Co employee or official representative.
  • Access to product and focus group surveys and feedback forms.
  • Prototype sketchbook images, early stage updates on forthcoming products, and random artwork we're adapting to future pen or logos.

The coin and subsequent Club membership runs from July 2017 through July 2018, when we'll release the 2018-2019 coin, likely a new design and material. So it's kind of like a subscription service but our own spin on it. If you have any questions or concerns hit us up by responding to this email, filling out a contact form on our website, or contacting us via any of our social media accounts.

http://i67.tinypic.com/wl7x8h.jpg
The July Pen Meetup was a rousing success. We saw a lot of new faces. Got some great interaction. Had some pen related discussions that were quite entertaining. It was a great time had by all that attended. We're not about to slow down, below you can find the dates for the Pen Meetups for the rest of 2017. We hope to see you if you have a chance to stop by whether you're an Arizona native or just happen to be in Arizona when we host one, come spend a few hours with us on a Saturday afternoon.
The August meet up will take place on August 12th from 4pm - 7pm at Karas Kustoms (126 S. Country Club Drive, Mesa, AZ 85210). We'll have snacks and sodas, the shop will be open for walk throughs and mini-tours. Dan and Paul will be available for questions concerning design and pen features. Bill Karas might even stop by and join in the conversation. We always suggest that folks bring their own pens and inks if they want to show them off or trade with each other. We try to keep it low key and family friendly. If you can't make it this, below are tentative dates for the rest of 2017. Can't wait to see you on the 12th!
August 12th, 2017
September 9th, 2017
October 21st, 2017
November 18th, 2017
December 9th, 2017

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karas Kustoms

• Drone

• bobje

Top Posters In This Topic

The Decograph is a nice looking pen - and it posts properly (something TWSBI still can't get right).

As a user of traditional style/vintage fountain pens, this one makes me sit up and pay attention. Just don't price it out of the market gentlemen.

Good Luck, David

David,

Thanks for the kind words. We have looked at the current market on fully machined pens and will be pricing it appropriately. We'll be releasing more information soon as we near completion on the production run and finalize packaging; we'll be doing a follow up video and release that goes over the entire Decograph project.

Regards,
Paul Bennett

Karas Pen Co

Marketing Brand Strategist

Paul, Dan,

Love the name, proportions, material, "industrial-machine-American-legacy" design considerations. Also love that you offer Bock nibs, a welcome difference of choice from many other companies that only offer Jowo. Also, a larger no. 6! Terrific! Great that you're going to be able to machine the same pen from multiple materials, beyond machined acrylic. More delrin, for example! Maybe some form of phenolic that's actually consistent! Some historic US industrial material that you don't see any more among consumer products. I don't know what a legacy American industrial material might be, but if we were still able to rumble around in my dad's old machine shop, I could probably spot something. Bakelite maybe.

This is the comment I left on your YouTube channel -- Most "pen" videos look like this -- some people in an office type situation, with a wall 3 or 4 feet behind them, talking about pens. But Karas Pen Company actually has a machine shop. Machines and people and stuff that looks interesting and tells the story of American industrial machine shop processes. Machines and people building pens. Viewers would love to see this, and this is what Karas could offer video that others cannot. Even if you need to shoot video at a time when equipment is idle and quiet, that's better than an ivory-colored masonry wall. Or, shoot images of machine shop processes in pen manufacturing that can be re-used as b-roll, with audio suppressed or lowered in volume, on top of the talking head audio soundtrack. As handsome as you guys are, after 30 seconds we know what you look like, and would rather learn something else visually.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers