The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Is This Even Possible !?

amazon scam fountain pen pilot sailor bartholomew gosse

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#21 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 18:02

The seller is also selling

Waterman Hemisphere £53 down to £10

Omas £10

Twsbi Eco £10

Pilot peacock ink 10

Biggest bargain is a Duofold - £400 also down at £10

How many people does it take to comment on a question on FPN? One to give advice and make suggestions. Another one to repeat everything that the first poster has said. Fourteen to share their own experiences of their pens and comment on how the original advice was flawed. Seven who just want to increase their post count. One to say that they have no regrets about doing anything and people should follow their example. Another to say that if there is anything wrong with the pen it is just down to using Diamine Shimmer ink. Six to argue over whether its a worth doing anything with it and the OP should just throw it away and buy their Parker 51. One to ignore who uses 'I' four times in each post. Another six to condemn all of the above as being  stupid and anyway they would rather be on FP Geeks. One to say that the pen is cheaper where they live. Five people to post pics of their own pens. One to say that if the OP had Faith then the pen would work - and gets banned very quickly. Finally, one to close down the thread because it has lost its way.

Sponsored Content

#22 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,199 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 18:03

More concerned now than I was at the beginning of this. :unsure:

How many people does it take to comment on a question on FPN? One to give advice and make suggestions. Another one to repeat everything that the first poster has said. Fourteen to share their own experiences of their pens and comment on how the original advice was flawed. Seven who just want to increase their post count. One to say that they have no regrets about doing anything and people should follow their example. Another to say that if there is anything wrong with the pen it is just down to using Diamine Shimmer ink. Six to argue over whether its a worth doing anything with it and the OP should just throw it away and buy their Parker 51. One to ignore who uses 'I' four times in each post. Another six to condemn all of the above as being  stupid and anyway they would rather be on FP Geeks. One to say that the pen is cheaper where they live. Five people to post pics of their own pens. One to say that if the OP had Faith then the pen would work - and gets banned very quickly. Finally, one to close down the thread because it has lost its way.

#23 Flounder

Flounder

Forum Moderate

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,968 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 18:05

Well, I've just finished a chat with Amazon outlining all the red flags, but the rep thinks everything is fine and assured me my order is covered for full refund under the AZ guarantee. I guess a £10 fraud is nothing to a behemoth like Amazon to swallow.

Where do we stand on the credit card lotto numbers? Any takers?

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

#24 FordPrefect

FordPrefect

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2017 - 18:06

ok listen while you're here, take advantage of my LOW LOW PRICE introductory offer.

Basically, I take numbers from your credit card to MATHEMATICALLY and SCIENTIFICALLY work out winning lotto numbers!  Please write them out below.

I am not falling for that one the 5th time !!!

#25 katerchen

katerchen

Slow and furious

• FPN Donor - Iridium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2017 - 18:09

This is the exact same scam Wasiki was posting about the other day.

A new seller pops up, scrapes someone else's inventory and relists everything for the exact same price.

Anyone know the bigger picture here? There has to be an angle they're after.

#26 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,199 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 18:09

Just do 1 2 3 4 5 6, a significant number of people do that.

#27 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,199 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 18:18

there is also a £5000 Montegrappa for sale.

#28 FordPrefect

FordPrefect

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2017 - 18:33

I'm going to wait for this eagerly, we all know that the chance of this being true is 1:1000000, and one in a million chances happen 9 times out of 10, right?  ;)

Or maybe it's Amazon themselves temporarily 'borrowing' from us?

Edited by FordPrefect, 20 July 2017 - 18:33.

#29 Flounder

Flounder

Forum Moderate

• Member - Gold

• 2,968 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 18:37

It could be real while Ford is caught in the Infinite Improbability Drive

Man, it's been a whilke since I read the books. Is that the one with a black button, surrounded in black?

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

#30 inkking

inkking

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2017 - 18:38

I ordered for the fun for about 1500£ worth of pens.

Then i contacted amazon.co.uk services on the phone. The first guy whom i talked to thought everything was fine, till i told him the real price of a new Pelikan Toledo amongst others, is no way 10£ not even 500.

Then i had another person on the phone, and from what i could understand all this is a big fraud attempt. Therefore i asked them to cancel my numerous orders ( 20 pelikan M1000s, 10 Pilot 823, etc...).

I knew it from the start, but i had a nice dream for 10 minutes.

Haha.

#31 FordPrefect

FordPrefect

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2017 - 18:46

Man, it's been a whilke since I read the books. Is that the one with a black button, surrounded in black?

Yep, them's the ship controls - labeled in black on a black background, a little black light lights up in black to let you know you’ve done it

#32 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 20:31

I've seen sellers like this before, and I've read the other threads. They just don't dispatch.  :(

#33 Flounder

Flounder

Forum Moderate

• Member - Gold

• 2,968 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 22:20

I've seen sellers like this before, and I've read the other threads. They just don't dispatch.  :(

It's okay Chrissy you just have to wire them the monies directly. I also took advantage of their offer to move monies from my vault to a communal fault for steam cleaning.

#34 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,199 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:12

Have had an email from amazon saying that the pens have been despatched.

#35 FordPrefect

FordPrefect

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:23

Same here just had a dispatch email, also noticing he's out of stock now on nearly every pen

#36 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:54

It's okay Chrissy you just have to wire them the monies directly. I also took advantage of their offer to move monies from my vault to a communal fault for steam cleaning.

:D  I've seen those sellers too. 

If you all get the pens that you ordered, then that will be great news.  :)

#37 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,199 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 13:30

Pens have been sent by carrier 4PX and a tracking number has been given. This is a China based company.

Edited by Beechwood, 21 July 2017 - 13:32.

#38 Flounder

Flounder

Forum Moderate

• Member - Gold

• 2,968 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 14:57

Well my vault is now nicely steam cleaned, but unfortunately there is a delay filling it back up, as the monies now need to be pressed and steamed. NOT IMPRESSED Monies Removal Plc. :gaah:

FoneJacker - Pressed and Steamed by boilinglobe

#39 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 15:39

Well my vault is now nicely steam cleaned, but unfortunately there is a delay filling it back up, as the monies now need to be pressed and steamed. NOT IMPRESSED Monies Removal Plc. :gaah:

:D

#40 katerchen

katerchen

Slow and furious

• FPN Donor - Iridium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 July 2017 - 17:45

Now I'm really curious what you'll be getting. Keep us posted!

-k

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amazon, scam, fountain, pen, pilot, sailor, bartholomew, gosse

Sponsored Content

|