The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Is This Even Possible !?

amazon scam fountain pen pilot sailor bartholomew gosse

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#1 FordPrefect

FordPrefect

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2017 - 16:27

Today I've found this on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.c...coding=UTF8&me=

It's a Pilot Heritage 92 for... less than £10 !!!

This isn't real, right?

Has to be a scam...

In any case I ordered 4 pens I always wanted since Amazon is great with refunds.

Any thoughts? should I cancel straight away and not bother?

Sponsored Content

#2 Flounder

Flounder

Forum Moderate

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 16:43

Lol! After I checked it was really Amazon, not some phishing site, I ordered one. Far too good to be true, so...

Swiped from the Fukushima blast zone?

Stolen from Pilot's vaults?

let's have some more theories!

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

#3 Flounder

Flounder

Forum Moderate

• Member - Gold

• 2,964 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 16:48

Okay, all that' seller's stuff is £9.99. BIZARRE! :P

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

#4 FordPrefect

FordPrefect

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2017 - 16:51

Yeah, totally bizarre! The most probable theory I was able to come up with is that B&M sore got liquidated and someone got a hold of container of pens so he's chucking them at Amazon going for numbers rather than price.

#5 Flounder

Flounder

Forum Moderate

• Member - Gold

• 2,964 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 16:52

Come on ford, no chance!

#6 FordPrefect

FordPrefect

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2017 - 17:04

Why not? If you encountered a box of parts marked OPA128LM you might just go and throw them at your local pawn shop or scrapyard bulk, while each of those is worth about £90 RRP  :)

#7 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 17:05

Ordered one also, must admit I am dubious that it will be delivered.

How many people does it take to comment on a question on FPN? One to give advice and make suggestions. Another one to repeat everything that the first poster has said. Fourteen to share their own experiences of their pens and comment on how the original advice was flawed. Seven who just want to increase their post count. One to say that they have no regrets about doing anything and people should follow their example. Another to say that if there is anything wrong with the pen it is just down to using Diamine Shimmer ink. Six to argue over whether its a worth doing anything with it and the OP should just throw it away and buy their Parker 51. One to ignore who uses 'I' four times in each post. Another six to condemn all of the above as being  stupid and anyway they would rather be on FP Geeks. One to say that the pen is cheaper where they live. Five people to post pics of their own pens. One to say that if the OP had Faith then the pen would work - and gets banned very quickly. Finally, one to close down the thread because it has lost its way.

#8 Flounder

Flounder

Forum Moderate

• Member - Gold

• 2,964 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 17:07

It's probably one of those new seller, ludicrous price scams Amazon's bots are supposed to stop.

#9 FordPrefect

FordPrefect

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2017 - 17:08

yeah, we're about to learn it the hard way >.<

#10 Flounder

Flounder

Forum Moderate

• Member - Gold

• 2,964 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 17:12

lol!

#11 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,199 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 17:14

Due for delivery from august 7

How many people does it take to comment on a question on FPN? One to give advice and make suggestions. Another one to repeat everything that the first poster has said. Fourteen to share their own experiences of their pens and comment on how the original advice was flawed. Seven who just want to increase their post count. One to say that they have no regrets about doing anything and people should follow their example. Another to say that if there is anything wrong with the pen it is just down to using Diamine Shimmer ink. Six to argue over whether its a worth doing anything with it and the OP should just throw it away and buy their Parker 51. One to ignore who uses 'I' four times in each post. Another six to condemn all of the above as being  stupid and anyway they would rather be on FP Geeks. One to say that the pen is cheaper where they live. Five people to post pics of their own pens. One to say that if the OP had Faith then the pen would work - and gets banned very quickly. Finally, one to close down the thread because it has lost its way.

#12 FordPrefect

FordPrefect

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2017 - 17:16

Mine is august 10th to 22nd

#13 usk15

usk15

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2017 - 17:19

No way! I've got one, let's see what happens.

#14 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,199 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 17:21

I keep looking through the ad, seeing if there is a cop out clause.

#15 oldrifleman

oldrifleman

Rare

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2017 - 17:23

The USA Amazon price is $109

#16 Flounder

Flounder

Forum Moderate

• Member - Gold

• 2,964 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 17:24

ok listen while you're here, take advantage of my LOW LOW PRICE introductory offer.

Basically, I take numbers from your credit card to MATHEMATICALLY and SCIENTIFICALLY work out winning lotto numbers!  Please write them out below.

#17 Flounder

Flounder

Forum Moderate

• Member - Gold

• 2,964 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 17:27

The USA Amazon price is $109

Not from that seller - funny how  the seller is based in the US, but doesn't ship there, eh? With international shipping, Amazon will release the funds to the seller before shipping - handy, as there's nothing to ship!

#18 usk15

usk15

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,326 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2017 - 17:41

We are like sharks here: a bit of blood smell in the ocean and we all went hunting!

:lol:

It could be an error in their listing.

#19 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,199 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 17:47

Can I suggest that we give feedback as, when and if the pen gets delivered or problems on the way.

#20 Ted A

Ted A

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,309 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2017 - 17:55

Come on ford, no chance!

It could be real while Ford is caught in the Infinite Improbability Drive

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amazon, scam, fountain, pen, pilot, sailor, bartholomew, gosse

Sponsored Content

|