Hero H718

alfredop

An honest clone of the Montblanc Heritage 1912. The 10k nib is retractable, the pen is a piston filler replying the mechanism of the Heritage 1912. Write well but is heavy (being made in steel).

post-4455-0-72919100-1500322075_thumb.jpg

post-4455-0-16547200-1500322095_thumb.jpg

post-4455-0-31389800-1500322136_thumb.jpg

Alfredo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alfredop

• ParkerDuofold

• fountainpen51

• j.a.j.

One interesting thing is that now we have proof that Chinese producer have definitely started production of piston filler pens. This is an important factor when evaluating the buy of used Montblanc pens.

Alfredo

Ciao Alfredo, mio amico,

Mi piacerebbe avere uno ... ma non riesco a trovare ovunque??? :unsure:

- Anthony

EDITED to translate into English: "I would love to get one... but I cannot find it anywhere??? :unsure:

Edited by ParkerDuofold

That's very interesting, any chance of a photo of the front when the nib is retracted?

I've caught glimpses of capped pens with retractable nibs before, and the truth is that I'm a little confused about the purpose of the retracting mechanism in this case? I understand it for something like a Lamy 3000 because you don't need a cap anymore, but here? What is the advantage?

It's an unnecessary complication.

Mainly for those who need to showoff their social superiority :P

Ciao Alfredo, mio amico,

Mi piacerebbe avere uno ... ma non riesco a trovare ovunque??? :unsure:

- Anthony

EDITED to translate into English: "I would love to get one... but I cannot find it anywhere??? :unsure:

I have bought it in a Hero brand store in Shangai (it is inside the largest bookstore in the bund zone), no way to find it online (I made a search to find a review).

Alfredo

Hi Dompred,

Thanks for posting that... IF that is the one, its going for $80 USD... that's quite a jump in price for a Hero. I wonder if it has a correlating jump in quality?

- Anthony

It's an unnecessary complication.

Mainly for those who need to showoff their social superiority :P

You say that now, Tamiya... but if you dropped it while the nib was retracted, you'd be glad you had it. :D

- Anthony

Edited by ParkerDuofold

I have bought it in a Hero brand store in Shangai (it is inside the largest bookstore in the bund zone), no way to find it online (I made a search to find a review).

Alfredo

Hi Alfredo,

Well, that pretty much leaves me out. :(

I would have bought one as a novelty item for my collection... but even if I could get it online, (if dompred's link is correct); the pen is selling for $80... that's a little more than I want to spend on a conversation piece.

Thank you for the info. Be well and enjoy life. :)

- Anthony

EDITED to add bold print to quote and correct text.

Edited by ParkerDuofold

That's pretty cool. I love how they combined the Hero logo with a Montblanc logo.

I am joining in the confusion as to the retractable nib with a cap.

I love piston fillers though.

Yeah this one out for a while together with quite a number of other models ( that are more their own design ) ; I just do not see the point in this model, too much of a mass of metal and the over complicated mechanics. If I truly want extra extra capacity I would go for an Eye Dropper, and there are just plenty good piston filler around. And no they do not actually combine the logo, that was and is Hero's logo Its a stylized H inside a Plum Flower

Yeah this one out for a while together with quite a number of other models ( that are more their own design ) ; I just do not see the point in this model, too much of a mass of metal and the over complicated mechanics. If I truly want extra extra capacity I would go for an Eye Dropper, and there are just plenty good piston filler around. And no they do not actually combine the logo, that was and is Hero's logo Its a stylized H inside a Plum Flower

Oh the flower reminded me of Montblanc's star and I'm half awake. But I should know that. LOL

Hi Alfredo,

Well, that pretty much leaves me out. :(

I would have bought one as a novelty item for my collection... but even if I could get it online, (if dompred's link is correct); the pen is selling for $80... that's a little more than I want to spend on a conversation piece.

Thank you for the info. Be well and enjoy life. :)

- Anthony

EDITED to add bold print to quote and correct text.

In the Hero store where I bought the pen (I paid more than 80 USD) there was also pens in the range of USD 500 and beyond, in the end here we see only the cheaper ones but they produce also more expensive pens.

Alfredo

Cheap Mont Blanc 912?? Piston filler AND retractable nib?? Definitely on my "add flex" list!

I like flowers, mother of pearl, dip nibs, blue, green or red inks. I also like flowers, Frida Kahlo's paintings and Josephine Baker's songs. Did I mention flowers and mother of pearl?

In the Hero store where I bought the pen (I paid more than 80 USD) there was also pens in the range of USD 500 and beyond, in the end here we see only the cheaper ones but they produce also more expensive pens.

Alfredo

Ciao Alfredo,

Grazie per questa informazione. Direi che la qualità migliora in sintonia con il prezzo?

Stammi bene. :)

- Anthony

Hi Alfredo,

Thank you for this information. Would you say the quality improves in unison with the price?

Be well. :)

- Anthony

Ciao Alfredo,

Grazie per questa informazione. Direi che la qualità migliora in sintonia con il prezzo?

Stammi bene. :)

- Anthony

Hi Alfredo,

Thank you for this information. Would you say the quality improves in unison with the price?

Be well. :)

- Anthony

Having not tried them I cannot make any statement about the quality of the more expensive pens. The H718 that I bought seems to be on pair with similarly priced occidental pen.

Alfredo

Having not tried them I cannot make any statement about the quality of the more expensive pens. The H718 that I bought seems to be on pair with similarly priced occidental pen.

Alfredo

Okay, thank you for the info. :)

- Anthony

PS: If you don't mind me asking... how is my Italian holding up... did I mess it up? :unsure:

Okay, thank you for the info. :)

- Anthony

PS: If you don't mind me asking... how is my Italian holding up... did I mess it up? :unsure:

Il tuo italiano sembra migliore del mio inglese :)

Alfredo