The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Reasonable Price?

montblanc meisterstuck 146 bordeaux

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 meiers

meiers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,557 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2017 - 18:23

It's a trade barrier pure and simple.:(

Sponsored Content

#82 dubhe

dubhe

Away at Sea

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2017 - 18:35

I know that Heathrow air hub regularly skip containers of goods coming in to keep on top of peak times. I've had a few bits miss the charges, especially in December.

#83 Stitchpunk

Stitchpunk

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2017 - 20:36

It's a trade barrier pure and simple.:(

yup, there's no valid reason for it other than to protect local retailers. A laudable goal, and I do buy locally when I can, but sometimes the price differences between here and overseas are just too big to ignore. Even more so when I'm buying something 2nd hand, such as a fountain pen, that I could only purchase new here.

#84 Stitchpunk

Stitchpunk

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2017 - 20:37

I know that Heathrow air hub regularly skip containers of goods coming in to keep on top of peak times. I've had a few bits miss the charges, especially in December.

Lucky you! Alas, even though Auckland is our biggest city by far it's still only 1 million people. I doubt our airport is ever busy enough for that to happen!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, meisterstuck, 146, bordeaux

Sponsored Content

|