Week #29 / 16 Jul: One Small Step For A Man - 2017 Weekly Ink Project

lgsoltek

Ah. Let's say that's why - my subconscious ink-radar keeps passing over it... ;)

Meanwhile, love that Payne's Gray (as they call the color when it's an oil paint). :) I used it (the oil color, not the ink) in a painting. Possibly the last painting I did. I'm averaging like 1 every 5 years. :lol:

I used to use a lot of Payne's Grey when I was repairing ceramics. I remember it well. :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lgsoltek

• Chrissy

• LizEF

• Tas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

J Herbin 1670 Stormy Grey.

Showing both wet and dry from the same pen. When running dry it's a lovely colour with excellent shading; when wet, it shows the sparkle more.

35190035964_ef4f173c80_z.jpg

35190039364_91da2942c8_z.jpg

I'm not sure why it ran so dry but two possible explanations: first is glitter clog. But the most likely is that it was a new fill, which because of the narrow neck of the ink bottle, I had to fill straight into the converter, not through the nib and feed (which wouldn't fit through that ridiculous bottle neck).

So, the flow to start with was pretty pale, and then once I had screwed the converter up to push plenty of ink up into the feed, I got a very wet line. I suspect after a page or so of writing, I may get something in the middle.

That's interesting how it went so much darker. Those bottles do have annoyingly small neck openings though. Neat writing. :)

I have no gray inks. I am eagerly watching this thread to find my favorite... I had mixed up a few mls of diluted black to use as gray a while back, but it went SITB. I think I should buy an ink MEANT to be gray!

:)

Who says the moon has to be gray? Some might say the moon is blue... Sometimes it looks orange-to-red. You could plant grass on the moon and make it green. :)

Of course you are correct! I am using it as an excuse to take this week off! ;)

I don't have any ink that remotely reminds me of the moon or even of that day in 1969! I was at a friend's house on July 20, 1969 and we watched on her family's big "console" TV.

I am, however, starting a shopping cart of gray ink samples to purchase!

I am, however, starting a shopping cart of gray ink samples to purchase!

:D Well then, our work is done. ;)

Chrissy, I was looking at Moondust the other day; how much sparkle does it have?

It's funny you should mention that. I actually used a smaller sample bottle for my post, and shook it before I filled the pen. I must admit it doesn't seem to show up as much sparkle as it usually does. :huh:

I would be happy to send you a sample if you could wait until September when I'm in FL. :)

I would be happy to send you a sample if you could wait until September when I'm in FL. :)

Ooh, thanks! Not sure if I'm that patient :-)

Ooh, thanks! Not sure if I'm that patient :-)

I've just spotted that you're in the UK. Doh! For some reason I thought you were in the US. :huh:

Please PM me your address. :)

fpn_1501537490__2017-07-31-14-43-34.jpg

fpn_1501537442__2017-07-31-14-43-35.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY