Do Anyone Have Any Experience Shopping With Appelboom.com?

iSukhi

Hello everyone,

I recently came across the web site named https://appelboom.com/.

Do anyone from India has purchased from this site? Coz the prices are pretty apealling.

post-135686-0-76783400-1499863059_thumb.png

Edited by iSukhi

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iSukhi

• s_t_e_v_e

• arunprasadr

• pchand2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very please with all my transaction with Appelboom. Each delivery includes a hand written thanks and card. Will always return and check for specials and unbeatable prices.

Very please with all my transaction with Appelboom. Each delivery includes a hand written thanks and card. Will always return and check for specials and unbeatable prices.

what extra tax means? Please reffer the image

what extra tax means? Please reffer the image

Not Extra Tax, it is Ex Tax. It means price excluding VAT (normally around 20 %) for orders outside Europe (EU).

Not Extra Tax, it is Ex Tax. It means price excluding VAT (normally around 20 %) for orders outside Europe (EU).

So If I am buying a lilliput from this site then what amount I will have to pay in India? Will it be Shown price + 20% tax? Is it GST now?

So If I am buying a lilliput from this site then what amount I will have to pay in India? Will it be Shown price + 20% tax? Is it GST now?

You should be charged only Rs. 5220.91 (plus shipping costs, which are disclosed when you begin checkout) by Appelboom.

Any tax and/or duty that Indian Customs would charge has to be paid by you in India. Appelboom should/will not collect tax or duties on behalf of the Indian authorities.

This is my understanding.

You should be charged only Rs. 5220.91 (plus shipping costs, which are disclosed when you begin checkout) by Appelboom.

Any tax and/or duty that Indian Customs would charge has to be paid by you in India. Appelboom should/will not collect tax or duties on behalf of the Indian authorities.

This is my understanding.

No that's not correct. That price is inclusive of European Tax. You will be charged the Excluding Tax price below that is INR 4314.80. Then Import taxes and duties will be added on when it gets to India. You don't have to pay EU tax and Indian tax.

I don't know what will be added on when it gets to India though.

No that's not correct. That price is inclusive of European Tax. You will be charged the Excluding Tax price below that is INR 4314.80. Then Import taxes and duties will be added on when it gets to India. You don't have to pay EU tax and Indian tax.

Generally, Customs Duty and GST (Goods and Services Tax) is added to the purchase from outside...

But it's only when customs decide to levy the same...

Sometimes customs don't touch the small packages and let it thru.. but totally depends on luck ...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Yes, I did not read that image correctly. The amount charged by Appelboom should be what Chrissy said: Rs. 4314.80 (plus shipping) which excludes any taxes or duties. And like Vaibhav said, if Indian Customs decides to collect any duty, they would at a later point.

Generally, Customs Duty and GST (Goods and Services Tax) is added to the purchase from outside...

But it's only when customs decide to levy the same...

Sometimes customs don't touch the small packages and let it thru.. but totally depends on luck ...

thank you for the information

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

I recently came across the web site named https://appelboom.com/.

Do anyone from India has purchased from this site? Coz the prices are pretty apealling.

Hi, I'd like to know if you did make the purchase from this website. If so, what was your experience? Did you face any customs issue?

My experience with them have been excellent. I never had the items sent from them stuck at customs. Don't forget to use the coupon code FRIEND for additional 10% discount. That is the coupon code from SbreBrown.

My experience with them have been excellent. I never had the items sent from them stuck at customs. Don't forget to use the coupon code FRIEND for additional 10% discount. That is the coupon code from SbreBrown.

Thank you so much for your input!

• 5 years later...

It was disappointing for me.. i have to pay additional around rs 2902.60  import duty ( which included basic custom duty, igst, social welfare surcharge , dlf express charges) as I got the message from DHL express for ordering kaweco sports aluminium pen worth around rs 7800 along with 1 kaweco royal blue cartridge pack from Appelboom .....please note that this import duty is excluding the shipping charges that i already had paid to Appelboom. i would never recommend this site/option for purchase. Buy from local Makoba retailer instead.

Overall it was a lesson learnt for me( a loss of 2902.60 Indian rupees)

Hope this helps someone.

Not from India but Appelboom is probably my most used vendor. Good prices and quick shipping. I can’t speak to Indian import duties, but know these can be annoying. The US increased the value when duties are charged a few years ago which has helped a lot. Some shipping companies are more likely to collect duties than other, with DHL seemingly being the most likely. I think at one point Appelboom let you pick from two different shippers but may have dropped that option during Covid.