Blackstone (Scents Of Australia) Wild Orange

lgsoltek

More of these new Blackstone inks. As I said in the other reviews, I love these Blackstone inks for their wetness and lubrication. They are really wet inks, but they manage to keep feathering and bleeding to a minimum. Great job.

Colourwise it's not my favourite kind of orange. I love oranges that are brighter, more vibrant. This one is one of those "burnt orange" colours, which I like less. But I know there are fans of these burnt oranges.

Splash

fpn_1499793628__img_4115.jpg

Sample

fpn_1499793416__jpeg_image-897c43d77e27-

Comparison

At this level of wetness I find it quite similar to Kunzea Red.

fpn_1499793432__jpeg_image-897c43d77e27-

Edited by Lgsoltek

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jamerelbe

• visvamitra

• lgsoltek

• domzals1

I like it.

I like it too - though I take @Lgsoltek's point that in wetter pens, it's a dark blood-orange that approaches the colour of Kunzea Red.

This ink reminds me of autumn and foliage. The autumn here in Chicago is glorious and this ink would be great for that time of year. Thanks for the review!!

Another nice burnt orange for University of Texas fans.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Now that's the colour I was expecting Uluru to be! Very nice.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Now that's the colour I was expecting Uluru to be! Very nice.

Good point - Uluru's a bit more of an orange-brown, at least in all the pictures I've seen!

Stunning your comparisons with the red inks... I'm not sure whether I like this colour but I should test it myself.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the review.

I really wanted to love, love, LOVE this ink, but I have to say that it's my least favorite of the scented collection. The scent is slight —almost undistinguishable— and the color, as you mention, is obscure and "burnt".

I don't usually enjoy neon-flourescent oranges, but this is —and I apologize to those who love this color range— just, plain DULL. It's one of those inks that has no vibrance, no brilliance —kind of ... lifeless.

I know that Blackstone makes excellent inks —and there are some that I really love—, but this is not one of them.