Central Ohio Pen Club Meeting Reminder

whichwatch

Just a reminder that our next meeting will be Saturday July 15 from 10am - Noon
at:

Franklinton Branch of Columbus Metro Library
1061 W Town St.
Columbus, OH

Bring a pen or ink that you feel is unusual or interesting in some way for "show
and tell"

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gweimer1

• whichwatch

• eharriett

• trdsf

I am hoping to make it. I've got something else happening but I'm not sure if I'll need to attend or not and won't know until Friday night, unfortunately.

If there's any particular ink anyone is looking for at the meeting, let me know. If I have it, I'll gladly share.

I am looking to try a sample of J. Herbin Violette Pensee. If anyone has some they can share, I would love to get a fill of it (the most recent threads about it have really piqued my interest). Hope to make it!

Hope to see you there. I'll be bringing the three Limited Edition inks that were sold only at the recent Chicago show so you can certainly try those. They are KWZ Chicago Blue (I have samples for hopefully all attendees), Papier Plume Ivy 108, and Papier Plume Lake Michigan Summer.

Looks like I'll make it!

Looking forward to trying some of those samples. I have lots of samples to give away too, to anyone interested.

I'll be there, as well. I'm bringing some fun pens. Not overly collectible, but among my favorites. Maybe an ink or two.

• 3 weeks later...

When is our next meeting? I forgot the date. Is it this coming Saturday?

The next meeting is Sunday, August 13 2-4pm at the Northside Library. That's at 1423 N. High Street, just south of campus. There is parking in the back, and the meeting room is in the lower level.

Cool. I should be there. I'll also bring a traveling repair kit, and I may be able to do simple sac repairs if anyone needs it.

Looking forward to it! I'm trying to decide what pens come along this time. Maybe in the future we can suggest a theme for at least one pen -- favorite, strangest, unidentified, oldest -- in addition to whatever else we might feel like bringing.

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

I picked up a butt ton of ink at the show too. I don't have vials, but I shall make them available if you bring the pens. Some of these inks are very rare, including one Noodler's ink where there were only 27 bottles ever produced.

Gweimer: I will also bring some of the Esterbrooks.

Edited by eharriett

I picked up a butt ton of ink at the show too. I don't have vials, but I shall make them available if you bring the pens. Some of these inks are very rare, including one Noodler's ink where there were only 27 bottles ever produced.

Gweimer: I will also bring some of the Esterbrooks.

Cool. I have a sample of Microgloss for you to try on your lucite pens.

By the bye, I did find my errant wallet -- but not for another 24 hours. Twenty four paranoid, dyspeptic, panicky hours... :D

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested