Venvstas In Paris Design Week - Vacumatic Phase Ii

VENVSTAS

We are happy to announce that we won a competition to be part of the Paris design week, we will be there with our own space, if you don't know, this is one of the most important design events worldwide. As a designer this is quite a very important thing, plus, seems the pens are getting some attention..

To celebrate I've made a second prototype of the "vacumatic" type, (that uses a piston and a spring instead of the rubber diaphragm) this one won't be a limited run, probably will stay for a while, the other pen is on hold, as this one is getting my attention now for some reasons.

Figures are similar, except the weight, but, the one here has been my everyday pen, it turned out to be quite a workhorse, it has no "blind cap" as the button is locked by a mechanism inside, the construction is carbon fiber instead of steel, and the ink windows are larger. he prototype in the pictures has a titanium nib, most likely the pen will have options for 14k or 18k N6 custom nibs, but eventually I shall take a look on working out a titanium nib, as to me has more to do with the spirit of the pen, It's also made with a carbon fiber ink feed with stainless steel micro tube, that was specially designed and developed for this pen, also the nib case is made of carbon fiber. There's little metal actually, the pen is very light and its the most complicated design I've done so far so far...The final version will have some changes though, the cap will post (this one cannot), and I'll add an option for a clip, in carbon, so that's under development now. The system is really fun to use, I would say that's more of a toy than anything else, but from the other design, I like the fact that there's no blind cap.

Not available yet. Im posting to see the reaction, as its a very maybe "strange" pen.

here the pictures,

Cheers

LR

post-126250-0-03925500-1499634182_thumb.jpg

post-126250-0-75336800-1499634210_thumb.jpg

post-126250-0-13730100-1499634226_thumb.jpg

post-126250-0-49861800-1499635129_thumb.jpg

post-126250-0-29879500-1499635143_thumb.jpg

post-126250-0-88891500-1499635156_thumb.jpg

VENVSTAS ITALY

www.venvstas.com

info@venvstas.com

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VENVSTAS

• Doug C

• amk

• tabata

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats for the design show! I really like your designs. A Venustas is always in my wish list. Strangely, each time some other pen makes it to the top and I haven't had the pleasure to try one of your pens yet...

Does this new model have a name?

As a side note, I think this thread should not be in the Market Watch Forum.

I have 2 of the fountain pens and one pencil.

You will not see these pens at every pen club meeting..

the Danitrio Fellowship

Another amazing pen. It reminds me of Lamy's best pens in its limitation of resources - monochrome simplicity - beautifully elegant. I particularly like the fact that the section swells slightly, which looks as if this might also be a very comfortable pen to use. I agree totally with you about the titanium nib, which looks absolutely right for the pen.

In fact the more I look at the pictures the more I think this pen could be headed for the one remaining space in my Lamy 2000 box....

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

Congrats for the design show! I really like your designs. A Venustas is always in my wish list. Strangely, each time some other pen makes it to the top and I haven't had the pleasure to try one of your pens yet...

Does this new model have a name?

As a side note, I think this thread should not be in the Market Watch Forum.

Thank you! ust vac..........the name, I think I should stop making new designs, is a self conspiracy against the business!

VENVSTAS ITALY

www.venvstas.com

info@venvstas.com

Another amazing pen. It reminds me of Lamy's best pens in its limitation of resources - monochrome simplicity - beautifully elegant. I particularly like the fact that the section swells slightly, which looks as if this might also be a very comfortable pen to use. I agree totally with you about the titanium nib, which looks absolutely right for the pen.

In fact the more I look at the pictures the more I think this pen could be headed for the one remaining space in my Lamy 2000 box....

Hey thank you, at first this pen had a gold nib, and I found in the lab a titanium nib that was given by me by a maker........and, the thing is that what Im going around is the price of titanium nibs, all the Venvstas except the Vulcain which uses french NOS nibs, the rest are running on Jowo. Jowo makes no titanium nibs, I've talked to them, and still no, this puts me into Bock, and the price in the bulk is the same as gold, 14kalmost, Considering that a kilo of gold is 30.000 bucks, and titanium is 20 dollars, I really don't know why they cost more than 10 times what steel does. I don't know, maybe somebody here can tell, probably Francis! But Im getting more and more fond of the titanium. I agree, this pen seems to be made for that type of nib...

VENVSTAS ITALY

www.venvstas.com

info@venvstas.com

I have 2 of the fountain pens and one pencil.

You will not see these pens at every pen club meeting..

Hi Doug, I know!

I only did one pen show so far in Paris, which is very small, maybe one day I'll go to the DC or LA to take a look !

VENVSTAS ITALY

www.venvstas.com

info@venvstas.com

... except the Vulcain which uses french NOS nibs

Which nibs are those?

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

STR:11 DEX: 5 CON:5 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3

Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

Which nibs are those?

Number 5 nibs, gold plated SOMA (but Im not really sure) Although I have soma nibs I have a quite a number of NOS number 5 from different origins. I prefer them to modern nibs. that pen also is fitted with an ebonite feed, its like a modern vintage to some extent, or the maximum I could go into the vintage.

VENVSTAS ITALY

www.venvstas.com

info@venvstas.com