Benu Pen (Essense Collection)

Olga-F

Hello!

Please excuse my poor English.

I have a new pen called Benu, Essense Collection. Its full name is Benu Ocean Wave Silver.

It came packed in an old-style piece of paper, placed in a nice handmade box with name "Benu" on it.

I thought the pen is small. But in fact it is rather large.

It is very beautiful. Made of a hard material, I am not sure that it is plastic. Official site says it is anti-scratchy.

In contrast to the pens of the previous Benu collection, the cap can be posted and it does not fall, I thinkbecause of clever construction of the cap itself.

I have made a picture of the cap; You can see black material inside. It seems to be softer than the pen, to prevent scratches on the barrel then cap is posted.

The stripes on the tail part of the barrel and on the cap have its own purpose: it is convenient to hold them when You twist and untwist the cap; the fingers do not slide because of these stripes.

I attached a photo of three pens: Benu together with Pelikan m600 and Faber Castell E-Motion; You can see that Benu is rather large. But it is light, approximately 18-20 gr, almost the same as Pelikan. You can see that not only weight, but also the balance is approximately the same as for Pelikan.

It comes with a Schmidt nib (mine is fine) and Schmidt converter; and writes without skips and without other problems, the nib is hard but very smooth, directly out from the box.

Isn't it sooo nice?

Benu has many other excellent pens on their site https://www.benupen.com

I am planning to continue a little bit later, with writing samples...

post-136779-0-31952800-1499542463_thumb.jpg

post-136779-0-00186100-1499542719.jpg

post-136779-0-99046200-1499542730.jpg

post-136779-0-82239000-1499542814.jpg

post-136779-0-96841700-1499543259.jpg

post-136779-0-39504200-1499543270.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Olga-F

• fjoly79

• visvamitra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HI Olga, thanks for the review :) I think the design is nice but this particular color doesn't speak to me. They have someting like Magical Forest and that material looks really cool.

Edited by visvamitra

Hello Visvamitra, thank You for the reply! This time I wanted a "universal" pen which I can use also in official situations; I hope sometimes to get one of those sparkly ones, also! They are all beautiful.

thank you fof sharing, Olga-F, I didn't know that pen brand before reading your review. How does the pen write? is it smooth, scratchy, dry or wet?

and your English is fine! great description again and continue with sharing posts, your English will improve over time...

Fjoly79, thank You very much, You encourage me!

The pen is very smooth. I would say it is on the wet side. It does not feel as "a nail" at all, but it is a pleasure to write with it; I would say that I feel as it slides, smoothly slides, even on "bad" paper. It allows a large variety of positions, the pen forgives the errors. In particular, it writes even if You hold the pen almost vertically.

Benu Pen is a relatively new brand. "Essense" is their second collection; pens of the first collection have a cap which can not be posted. All their pens are very beautiful, possibly this one will be my next one:

https://www.benupen.com/online-store/Sublime-022-Essence-collection-LIMITED-EDITION-p87308656

Or maybe I will be waiting for new collections...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! Here are some writing samples made on two sorts of paper (IQ Selection smooth A4 160g/m2 and a simple school notebook) and with two inks (Faber Castell royal blue and Russian ink "Raduga"="Rainbow"). I should say that my fine nib is very smooth, it slides without skips and provides no problems to a user.

By the way, Benu has just recently started pre-order for new (third) collection at

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/benu-pen-supreme-collection--3#/

[url=https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1501949366__dscf24482.jpg]fpn_1501949366__dscf24482.jpg

Edited by Olga-F