Top Posters In This Topic

• biancitwo

• BillH

• inkstainedruth

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

M200 Black with Iroshizuku take sumi.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet, 1.5.167-168

Parker 45, fine nib, Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue ink

Esterbrook J (striated red), #1555 nib, Thornton Blue ink

HERO 266, wet, fine nib, Higgins Fountain Pen India ink (black)

Sheaffer NoNonsense (fuchsia), fine nib, Noodler's HOD

Getting near the end of my Esterbrooks. Nearing the start of vintage Parker Duofolds. :drool: (I love this part of the rotation.)

Edited by Sasha Royale

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

M605 solid blue with an 18K fine nib writing like an extra fine. This pen is like a home run.

M400 green stripe with 14K extra fine.

M200 black with a gold plated extra fine.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I cleaned out the remnants of Dromgoole's Blue Steel by Noodlers from my black M800, with a Pendleton Brown-worked broad italic, and replaced it with Monteverde Horizon Blue. This is my first Monteverde ink. It is similar to Asa Gao, my favorite, just slightly less bright, and maybe a little less lubricated. I like it very much.

Yesterday afternoon, I got tired of darker inks in my pens, and so swapped out as follows:

M400 brown tortoise (from early 2000's) -- med nib -- removed Waterman Havana Brown -- swapped in Montblanc Lucky Orange

M600 dark blue transparent -- broad nib -- removed Namiki Blue -- swapped in Sheaffer Turquoise

The Sheaffer Turquoise (current Slovenian production) is not quite the old Peacock Blue, of which I really should buy a buy a bottle or two. I really like the Lucky Orange, which I picked up at my local pen store yesterday afternoon. I removed nibs and flushed with lots of water, as I hate when any leftover ink colors the new ink.

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

Pelikan 100N, green marbled, M nib, Edelstein Tanzanite.

Not Bo Bo Olson flexy, but enough give to be comfy.

I'm using it to try out the varieties of paper I've collected until now.

:)

Nice, I like both Lucky Orange and Pelikan Tanzanite a lot. Currently pelikan tanzanite is running through my M805 Stresseman as well.

M400 Brown tortoise, F nib, inked with Noodler's Kiowa Pecan

M400 Stresemann, F nib, inked with Noodler's Lexington Grey

M400 Red striated, F nib, inked with Noodler's Red Black

M800 Blue Striated, F nib, inked with Noodler's Navy

and

Sailor Black 1911 standard, 21k M nib, inked with Noodler's X-Feather

Edited by eyesa

M805 Blue F nib. Inked with Pelikan Smoky Quartz

MB Blue Hour LeGrand F nib. Inked with MB JFK Blue

S.T. Dupont Montparnasse M nib. Inked with Noodlers HOD

I filled my new dark blue M605, with a true EF nib, with Diamond Blood Orange. This is a change of pace from my every day carry medium, and broad italics. A super pen, nib, and ink combination.

Definitely NOT purchasing :lticaptd: Although I did try Bo Bo's Pen of the Quarter idea... couldn't make that work either.

The one pen/one month idea is found in this thread

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/322030-one-pen-one-month-challenge/

Enjoy!

Thank you very much for the link, it was an interesting read.

I decided to join a day or two late (as far as dedication to sticking to just one pen, though I had filled this one before or on the 1st) with my M101N Tortoiseshell Red, initially fitted with an EF nib adjusted to be wetter by nibs.com (John Mottishaw?), then smoothed and tweaked slightly by me again when it arrived. Love what he did with the flow on that, blows my precious EF (2011 M600) out of the water (or ink) 😆 But currently have it filled with Noodlers Habanero and fitted with the M101N BB nib for a little more shading/character(and I had to tune that one too, it was just very dry and skippy when it arrived, inconsistent edges of the written line).

Might try out a new nib unit that arrived from Martini Auctions soon 😄

I had used up the Diamine Blood Orange in my M600, with EF nib. I filled it with Asa Gao, because of its additional lubrication. It now writes even better. Most of my pens are either wide italics, or flexible fines and EFs. A stiff EF takes getting used to.

Edited by biancitwo

M200 Clear demo F Noodler's Nikita

M200 Clear demo F Diamine Apple Glory

M200 Clear demo F Noodler's Dragon Napalm

M200 Clear demo B Noodler's Blue Ghost

M205 Green Highlighter BB Pelikan Green Highlighter ink

M205 Yellow Highlighter BB Pelikan Yellow Highlighter ink

M600 Green stripe M Noodler's Forest Green

M800 Blue Stripe IB Noodler's Baystate Blue

M800 Tortoiseshell B nib ground to cursive Italic Baystate Blue

Used my M600, M205 Yellow Highlighter, and M800 Tortoiseshell to make the glowworm entry in my Nature Notebook.

Edited by LetterRevivalist

http://www.ALuckyLifeBook.com

http://www.bobsoltys.com

An Easterner had a nervous breakdown. Wyoming, with its wide open spaces and healthy pursuits, was prescribed as a cure - Clive Sinclair (paraphr).

I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog. - Indiana Jones in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Just a note on my M800, with an italic medium nib, now loaded with MonteVerde Horizon Blue for the second time: this is a spectacular writer. The review that convinced me to try Horizon Blue implied that it was not highly lubricating. Well, it is sufficiently lubricating. It is sufficiently everything. This is a great pen, and Horizon Blue performs wonderfully in it. This will be an every day carry.

Edited by biancitwo

I found an OBB nib for a M600 and inked up with Blackstone Barrier Reef Blue, wow what an ink! The only problem is that I am very fond of that type of blue and must have at least six, oh so similar, inks in that color range.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams