What Do You Have Inked?

biancitwo

Really enjoying my Pelikan m200 brown (EF) with KWZ Walk over vistula, even inked it with the same ink twice!

(new to me) Pelikan m605 Marine Blue w/ Diamine Safari

m600 Turquoise-white w/ R + K Alt Goldgrun

m600 Green w/ Pilot Yama-Guri

m101n brown tortoise w/ Fritz-schimpf Sundowner

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• biancitwo

• BillH

• inkstainedruth

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This week

Pelikan 400 NN tortoise, F, with Edelstein Smoky Quartz

Pelikan M200 brown marbled, CI, with MB Encre du Desert

Pelikan M400 white tortoise, M, with Callifolio Inti (that ink really needs a wet Pelikan...)

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

Pelikan 140 with Iroshizuku Kujaku.

I realized today that the fill has lasted more than four months so far. I write at least a few lines with the pen every day, but it holds so much ink and dispenses it so abstemiously that a fill lasts for a very long time.

Pelikan M205 F Aquamarine with Faber-Castell Carbon Black

Pelikan 400 OB with Faber-Castell Carbon Black

Pelikan M600 B stub with Blackbird Puffin Orange

A couple of days ago I pulled out the M405 Stresemann, B nib, and it's inked up with Edelstein Olivine.

The M600 Violet and White, EF nib, is still in rotation, but now with diluted Edelstein Topaz (even diluted it's a great color, BTW :D).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 3 weeks later...

It's empty! After nearly five months of daily use, I flushed my Pelikan 140 inked with Iroshizuku Kujaku.

In striking contrast with my expectations of the brand, my Pelikan 140 writes so dry that, even with an Iroshizuku ink, I was able to use it for markup on copy paper without worrying that it would show or bleed through.

COVID has been keeping me from using my pens as I do not want them contaminated at work. I'd rather not risk the disinfectants on the material as it might harm the finish after a while. That means I'm running light and only have the M200 Pastel-Green inked at this time with Pelikan's 4001 Dark Green.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

COVID has been keeping me from using my pens as I do not want them contaminated at work. I'd rather not risk the disinfectants on the material as it might harm the finish after a while.

Could you wash your pens with ordinary hand-washing soap? No alcohols etc to endanger the finish on the pens.

E.g. a couple of weeks ago I thought that I might have ‘contaminated’ my M205 - because I handled it straight after opening a freshly-delivered parcel. So I took my pen to the sink with me and, after having got a good lather on my hands, cleaned the pen too.

I allow that keeping the soap lather away from the nib & feed isn’t easy. Especially when one has soapy hands :D

I’ll also admit that, if one felt it necessary to do this several times a day at work, it could soon become more mither than it’s worth. And also provoke comment from bemused colleagues.

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

• 3 weeks later...

Today's a new favorite, my Pelikan M805 Ocean Swirl with a stock ef nib and a fill of Pilot's Syo-Ro in a Graphic Image Journal. I think the Edelstein Aquamine may be a better color match for the pen, but this ink is writing very smoothly and seems wet enough to avoid any skips. :thumbup:

fpn_1592261928__m805_ocean_swirl_with_sy

COVID has been keeping me from using my pens as I do not want them contaminated at work. I'd rather not risk the disinfectants on the material as it might harm the finish after a while. That means I'm running light and only have the M200 Pastel-Green inked at this time with Pelikan's 4001 Dark Green.

~ sargetalon:

That's a nice Pelikan model to be using.

I'm glad that you mentioned Pelikan 4001 Dark Green.

I've never heard of it, so your comment has piqued my interest.

Tom K.

Pelikan Edelstein Jade in my W. German Pelikan M800 Green and Black with a 14kt Medium Nib in a Graphic Image Journal. A little dryer than I's like, but surprisingly this 14kt nib is a bit too firm and needs a bit of pressure to really flex and spread the tines. One of these days, I'll have it modified by a nibmeister.

fpn_1592570153__pelikan_edelstein_jade_i

Noodler's Lexington Gray in my Black M800 with a 14kt Fine Nib in a Graphic Image Journal with Cream Paper. I use this combo of pen and ink a lot, as it's a bullet proof ink. Last time I posted a picture of it here, it was on blue paper. Yah, my life is pretty much a thrill a minute.

fpn_1592857636__noodlers_lexington_gray_

My Brown Marble m200 medium is filled with Sailor Okuyama and the m215 medium is filled with Monteverde Copper Noir. It's really bugging me too as I feel like they should be the other way around. Gnarrf.

• 3 weeks later...

I have my M800 tortoise inked with J Herbin Cacao du Bresil.

The nib was a rather tedious medium nib, but eventually stubbed by Mr. John Sorowka.

IMG_0823.JPG

Gorgeous! Is that the 2013 model?

It is from 2013, an absolutely stunning pen.

I have been lusting for the Stresemann for a couple of years and finally purchased one earlier this year. It´s a great pen, but I am still absolutely underwhelmed by its looks, compared to this one.

This 400nn "Beater" with a medium M200 nib and inked with Pilot Iroshizuku Tsukushi...

fpn_1595177175__400nnbeater.jpg

...and this pen is a true beater! Assembled with orphaned parts from at least four other damaged and abused pens I acquired solely to reclaim parts from.

I thought at first I would put it together and have it as a loaner, or ink tester, but after spending much more time on it than I ever expected I now keep it inked up and use it often. I almost gave up on getting the broken piston out of the barrel, as well as the nasty inky gunk that was in it, and even the M200 nib was put together from two other damaged nib units that I again spent too much time straightening and tuning. I couldn't even bring myself to put a new seal in it, but instead used an old one that I had replaced in another pen that stilled looked usable enough.

And though I have no money invested in it I think I would truly be sad if any thing happened to it. It writes great and I really enjoy using it!

Edited by austinwft

This 400nn "Beater" with a medium M200 nib and inked with Pilot Iroshizuku Tsukushi...

fpn_1595177175__400nnbeater.jpg

...and this pen is a true beater! Assembled with orphaned parts from at least four other damaged and abused pens I acquired solely to reclaim parts from.

I thought at first I would put it together and have it as a loaner, or ink tester, but after spending much more time on it than I ever expected I now keep it inked up and use it often. I almost gave up on getting the broken piston out of the barrel, as well as the nasty inky gunk that was in it, and even the M200 nib was put together from two other damaged nib units that I again spent too much time straightening and tuning. I couldn't even bring myself to put a new seal in it, but instead used an old one that I had replaced in another pen that stilled looked usable enough.

And though I have no money invested in it I think I would truly be sad if any thing happened to it. It writes great and I really enjoy using it!

:thumbup: Nice coordinating pouch, too.