What Do You Have Inked?

biancitwo

I am still using the Pelikan 140 EF I bought from Rick at the San Francisco Pen Show in August. It's a relatively dry writer, so a fill of ink lasts a long time, even though I take it to work and use it for writing notes.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• biancitwo

• BillH

• inkstainedruth

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A recent acquisition, Pelikan 100 with a exceedingly beautiful binde of grey-black. Nib is of the period, a good and consistent M.

Untitled-1.jpg

264643240_minoxandfountainpen.png.2be96a1cb960c6ba19879d9d0fb2a13a.png              Fountain pens and Minox                                 

fpn_1543571553__m200_green_m400_wt_inked

One M200 and one M400 with complementing inks.

Kyo-Iro Stone road of Gion is a great match for White tortoise.

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

Finally inked up the M205 Telecom I bought last Nov/Dec, with the Stipula Light Blue that just arrived.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Grading exams, and heading to final exams, so it's that time of the semester when I ink the full line up. Pelikans:

- Brown 400nn BB nib, inked with Noodler's Eel Turquoise

- Green 400nn OBB nib, Sailor blue black

- My late mother 120, fitted with a vintage gold F nib, Pelikan Violet

- Black 140, Waterman n°2 flex nib, Herbin Terre de feu

- Toledo red M205, stubbed B nib, Diamine Monaco red.

Boring job doesn't need to be done in a boring way... :-D

Edited by Namo

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

Currently inked:

• Moonman M2 (bobby) medium with Organics Studio Ernest Hemingway
  • Gama Jumbo Acrylic fine with J. Herbin Rouge Hematite
  • Ranga 4CS Polished Black Ebonite clipless medium with J. Herbin Emerald of Chivor 1670
  • Sailor 1911Large Rhodium medium with Diamine Red Dragon
  • TWSBI ECO Transparent Blue fine with Colorverse Supernova
  • TWSBI ECO-T Yellow-Green broad with Birmingham Thomas Mellon Evergreen

Way more than I normally want.

Edited by sdbruder

• 4 weeks later...

400NN, KEF Nib, with Herbin Blue des Profondeurs;

M605, medium Pendleton Brown CI nib, with Iroshizuku Kon-Peki;

100, EF nib, with Diamine Blood Orange;

140 EF, with Sailor Souten;

M600, broad Pendleton Brown CI, with Pelikan Topaz;

plus an OMAS Paragon, with a B Mottishaw CI;

two Platinum Chartres Blue 3776s, a SF and a B, with a Bourgogne arriving tomorrow, with a B Pendleton Brown CI;

a Nakaya, with a B Mottishaw CI;

a Sailor Pro Slim EF; a Sailor 1911L, with H-B nib,

a Pilot 823;

and an Aurora Ipsilon B.

A wonderful selection.

Pelikan Ibis, Iroshizuku Ama Iro

Pelikan 100, Parker QB

400NN tortoise, Red Dragon

100N, Caran D'Ache green

400NN green, Lamy Blue

Degussa sterling silver, Onyx Black

264643240_minoxandfountainpen.png.2be96a1cb960c6ba19879d9d0fb2a13a.png              Fountain pens and Minox                                 

Pelikan 101N - Tortiose inked with Diamine Steel Blue.

Pelikan 101- Coral inked with Pelikan Black.

Pelikan 111T- Toledo inked with Waterman Florida Blue.

M600 Vibrant Orange F - Taccia Daidal Orange

M320 Orange M - Papier Plume Sazerac

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

At the moment:

1950s era 400 with the OB nib -- Edelstein Olivine (I was too lazy to flush the pen before leaving town and just refilled it instead).

M400 Brown Tortoise, F nib -- vintage-ish Skrip Brown (yellow box, but not the old yellow and blue style with the directions for how to fill a Snorkel on the flap).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I think this is pretty much what has been inked since Thanksgiving... hmmm... lazy I guess.

M800 Copper Gold (custom binde) M stub with Diamine Ancient Copper

M800 Tortoise OM with Smoky Quartz

M800 Stone Garden F with Lie de The

M600 Brilliant Orange BLS with Sailor Apricot

M205 Mars Red F with MB Shakespeare Red Velvet

P200 EF with Diamine Meadow

and nice little MB 146 F from the 80's with MB Greek Blue

And I would like to wish you all a very wonderful New Year!

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Flushed the Stipula Dark Blue from the M300 and replaced it with Musk Green, last Friday I think. Then filled the blue-stripe M400 with the Dark Blue last night but letting it sit overnight to saturate the feed.

In addition to the ones already inked up (the vintage 400 and the M400 Brown Tortoise) I pulled out the M200 Green Marble and (temporarily) swapped out the M nib for the Italic Medium that came on my second Café Crème (I had swapped out that nib for a B because the IM nib was a firehose even by Pelikan standards). But I needed to do a bit of calligraphy for a project and wanted to practice and still had the IM nib. So I put it on the Green Marble for the time being, and filled the pen with 4001 Brilliant Black. The nib still writes pretty wet, even after I had gotten it tweaked a bit (at the same time I'd bought the B nib for the Café Crème). But on Rhodia the ink stilled dried relatively quickly, and didn't smudge or feather. [i needed a template for some text that was then painted onto edible wafer paper after taping the wafer paper onto my lightbox, over the original hand-written stuff (I used black paste food coloring diluted with vodka for the wafer paper version).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 2 weeks later...

Flushed the Stipula Dark Blue from the M300 and replaced it with Musk Green, last Friday I think. Then filled the blue-stripe M400 with the Dark Blue last night but letting it sit overnight to saturate the feed.

Sitting overnight.... nib up or down? How interesting! I would not have thought to do that.

Right now I have inked the following:

Pelikans 400 and 400NN, with Waterman's Serenity Blue

Pilot Custom 74, with Monteverde Sapphire

Jinhao and a customized nib, with Iroshizuku Yama-Budo

Moderation in everything, including moderation.

--Mark Twain

Sitting overnight.... nib up or down? How interesting! I would not have thought to do that.

Just laid horizontally. My pens are only nib up when in my shirt pocket.

Only change from the end of December that I posted up thread a bit, I finally cleaned out the Copper Gold and put the M1000 Green EF into the lineup... filled with Akkermann's Steenrood van Vermeer, a brick reddish kind of ink with a lot of character. I'd forgotten how much I like this big bird... now I really can't wait for the big Stresemann :wub:

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Stresemann M800, M nib, with Diamine Sherwood Green

Black first-gen M800, F nib, with Graf von Faber Castell Hazelnut Brown

Singapore Fountain Pen Lovers on Facebook

M800 Grand Place with Galileo brown

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!