• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• biancitwo

• BillH

• inkstainedruth

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only my yellow 205 broad-nibbed highlighter, as well as my (new to me) Radius Superior and the Martini Vintage...

I had to add a photo, sorry!

The Pelikans I have currently inked are:

• M805 Vibrant Blue, B, with Sailor Hakodate Twilight Blue
  • M800 Tortoise, BB, with C'dA Saffron
  • M805 Stresemann, B, with Oster Charcoal (I love this pairing!)
  • M800 Black, BB, with Sailor Nihombashi Midori
  • The last pen is the Serendipity dip pen, with Oster Lake of Fire

http://i.imgur.com/pv9tkzcl.jpg

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

I was playing with nibs and put a wonderful 18c OBB into a spare M200 Grey that was sitting around being ignored. Put some RO Fire & Ice in it... mmmm, nummy. When this is empty I'll have to get serious about finding a permanent home for this nib. Perhaps the 2016 Tortoise?

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I have several that are inked but the one I used today? Green striped M300, EF, Kana-cho Midnight.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

At the moment I have only one Pelikan pen in use: an old style M200 grey marbled.

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=

Right now my black M200 is filled with Akkerman Shocking Blue.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet, 1.5.167-168

Two Pelikan 400. Both with nice springy and someehat flexy nibs.

In fact one of the nibs has quite a fair degree of flex with almost no pressure that I haven't seen in any of my 400s, 400NNs and 140s.

Khan M. Ilyas

I currently have quite a few pens inked and I'm only listing some of them:

Lamy 2000 - Sailor Kingdom Note Nipponia Nipon (Japanese Crane)

Montblanc Boheme - L'Artisan Pastellier Callifolio Olivastre

Sheaffer Legacy - L'Artisan Pastellier Callifolio Equinox No.6

Sheaffer Targa - J.Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite Version 1

These are all inks that very kind FPN members have sent me either as samples or in one case a bottle. :wub: Thank you again. :)

Shocking Blue turned out to be too troublesome. Start up issues, etc. Great color, but a poorly behaved ink. The M200 was flushed and refilled with Iroshizuku asa gao.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet, 1.5.167-168

The M200 was flushed and refilled with Iroshizuku asa gao.

My favorite ink. I never leave home without it.

• 2 weeks later...

A super pen with a 1.1mm music nib, with Sailor Rykua cha. I don't mention the make of pen, because it is not a Pelikan. This is a Pelikan topic. Rykua cha is a lackluster brown/black with a fine nib. It was a deep greenish brown, and a pleasure to read. I had just filled my 400NN, with flexible fine nib, and was disappointed with the ink. Then I loaded Diamine Blood Orange into my W. Germany M400, with a 1955 B semi-flexible nib. That is a treat. I stopped working for awhile and just played.

I thought I would participate in the one pen/one month challenge this month so I cleaned everything in the tray and brought out the 2016 M400 Tortoise with the M nib and loaded it with my favorite 4001 BlueBlack. Blown through one fill already (that's a lot for this retired guy). I may swap the M for an IB later on...

I went off the reservation last night and loaded a Parker 51 vac filler with MB Toffee Brown, Sample provided me by a fellow FPN'er. I picked the pen for a number of reasons:

• It has a custom ground stub nib by Mr Minuskn, and it is a terrific writer.
  • It writes on the wet side but I figured it would give me a good idea of what this ink would look like in a wet writer and by blotting I can get a sense of what it might look like in a dryer writing pen
  • I have not inked it in some time and thumbing through the box it fell to this pen or my vintage M700 Toledo. The Toledo will see service in the coming weeks testing some of the other ink samples I recently received. It has a typical 70's era M nib, springy but not flexy.

My 'go to' brown ink is Diamine Chocolate, but I am liking the Toffee Brown. Which has caused me to start looking for a darker brown. I'm making a list and will seek samples, probably mostly from Goulet.

I know, it's not a Pelikan, but if you had a chance to put this pen to paper I think you would give me a pass this once.

I thought I would participate in the one pen/one month challenge this month so I cleaned everything in the tray and brought out the 2016 M400 Tortoise with the M nib and loaded it with my favorite 4001 BlueBlack. Blown through one fill already (that's a lot for this retired guy). I may swap the M for an IB later on...

I recently received that pen (2016 m400 brown tortoise) with the stock IB nib from Martini, and it could be the ink I had in it (Diamond Sepia) but I found it a bit on the dry side. I'll try it again probably with Noodlers HoD, or 4001 Royal Blue and see what happens. Certainly fun though, very thick tipping. Writes like butter when held perpendicularly, less so when at 30-45.

I've started trying to do something similar, but have not heard of the "one pen per month" challenge. Is that using or purchasing? ;)

I've tried to now use up the ink samples I accumulated with a few years of subscription to the former InkDrop (I miss it so much). And only inking one or two pens until I've written them dry.

I've started trying to do something similar, but have not heard of the "one pen per month" challenge. Is that using or purchasing? ;)

I've tried to now use up the ink samples I accumulated with a few years of subscription to the former InkDrop (I miss it so much). And only inking one or two pens until I've written them dry.

Definitely NOT purchasing :lticaptd: Although I did try Bo Bo's Pen of the Quarter idea... couldn't make that work either.

The one pen/one month idea is found in this thread

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/322030-one-pen-one-month-challenge/

Enjoy!

Total of the 10 inked. Three are Pelikan. 120 Merz and Krell (M)

M200 Cognac (F)

M200 old style blue marbled (OB)

Inks

Lamy Dark Lilac

Blackstone Sydney Harbour Blue

Blackstone Daintree Green

Respectively

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain