What Do You Have Inked?

biancitwo

I've 8-9 inked, but of interest is a Celebry with a F steel nib, and a 381 with a gold F nib. Both are nice springy regular flex nib, similar to the 200's. The W.Germany nibs are a tad springier than the German '90-97 400's and a tad later Celebries; which are very nice springy regular flex. (So does the 400 sized 600.)

The Celebray has Lamy BB, and the 381 has Pelikan BB.................oddly I prefer the Lamy, might be a tad less dry, is a tad darker when fresh.

How they compare ink vs ink, I've not looked up, nor can I do much on that, both work fine on Triomphe and the new Rhodia 90g....and my other papers, which include the 90g Clairefontaine Velote` and Oxford Optic 90g.

It was just the Lamy BB impressed me more than the well known Pelikan BB. Perhaps because I wasn't expected to be impressed by the Lamy.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• biancitwo

• BillH

• inkstainedruth

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fpn_1536587546__img_1792.jpg

Pelikano P450 circa 1989 inked with Visconti Brown

That looks very similar to the Pelikano I just flushed out!

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I am very boring. My 400NN is still inked with Oster Lake of Fire. My 100 is still inked with Diamine Blood Orange. I have changed the ink in my M605, dark blue, with medium italic by Pendleton Brown, from Asa Gao to Kon Peki. My other three inked pens are not Pelikan.

Edited by biancitwo

Pelikan M405 Stressman(on loan to my boss), Bayer 344G Montblanc signing pen/OB nib and a Montblanc 90th anniversary 145 w/fine nib Smoothest fine in my collection.

Esterbrook M2 with M205 extra fine nib. The nib definitely makes this pen.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

A-ha -- And I'm using a grey Esterbrook J with a fine M100 nib screwed in to it. Filled with Pelikan blue-black.

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

Courtesy of last night's Pelikan Hub Edelstein ink samples, Topaz in my blue M800 with IB nib, Sapphire in the M805 Ocean Swirl with B nib, and Amethyst in my red M800 with F nib. I was carrying my blue Watermans Edson with factory stub nib preloaded with the Aquamarine.

That's my daily user rotation sorted out for a month or three!

Glenn.

You might call this The New Fall Line-up :P

fpn_1537632668__new_fall_lineup.jpg

Yes, I know Pelikan calls it Indian Summer... but this one is mine and I call it Autumn Leaves ;)

Edited by BillH

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

At the moment, it's the new M120 Iconic Blue (M nib) with MB Beatles Psychedlic Purple LE -- both purchases from the Commonwealth Pen Show last weekend

And the 1950s era 400 striated green (OB nib) with Edelstein Olivine -- from last night's Pelikan Hub.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Yes, I know Pelikan calls it Indian Summer... but this one is mine and I call it Autumn Leaves ;)

Bill:

Is that a custom binde? GREAT looking, welcome to the club. You know, it the big bird factory looked at some of these patterns I gotta think someone in their (obviously miniscule) creative development department might come up with a few winners to pitch to the marketing dept.

Bill:

Is that a custom binde? GREAT looking, welcome to the club. You know, it the big bird factory looked at some of these patterns I gotta think someone in their (obviously miniscule) creative development department might come up with a few winners to pitch to the marketing dept.

My good friend in Mosquitoville said the very same thing :lol:

Yes, that's a Copper Gold material that Shawn Newton turned and installed for me. It is one of my very favorite pens!

Pelikan 1956 400NN Medium in Brown Striped, Sheaffer 1934 one-stroke plunger fine Flex nib, Montblanc 1957 Monte Rosa 042 Broad in Dark Blue: Waterman Serenity Blue

Pelikan M120 Classic Green and Black broad with Pelikan Aquamarine

Pelikan M200 Classic Smoky Quartz fine with Pelikan Smoky Quartz

Edited by Stephanopolous

Gorgeous selection, Bill!

And, I must say, I like your name for the M640 much better! :thumbup:

My good friend in Mosquitoville said the very same thing :lol:

Yes, that's a Copper Gold material that Shawn Newton turned and installed for me. It is one of my very favorite pens!

:lol:

Yeah, I agree with DrCodfish.

Maybe they should hire Shawn Newton!!

Or Maybe they should give the doc (and all of us) the much desired M600 Tortie and give me a M800 Ruby red! (ANY M800 red would do for me :) ).

Gorgeous selection, Bill!

And, I must say, I like your name for the M640 much better! :thumbup:

Thank you. I never understood Pelikan's name, since most of the world never experiences "indian summer", but I think everybody can relate to autumn leaves. Oh well, Pelikan marketing will always be a "wonder" to many of us :lol:

Thank you. I never understood Pelikan's name, since most of the world never experiences "indian summer", but I think everybody can relate to autumn leaves. Oh well, Pelikan marketing will always be a "wonder" to many of us :lol:

Yeah, I also never understood that name for this particular M640. Autumn Leaves, on the other hand, is perfect.

It's been a while since I last posted here. So these are my current inked birds (sorry for the quick and dirty cell phone shot):

fpn_1537741919__img_4665.jpg

I am trying to keep my inked pens low in number (four to five), mostly no Pelikan since I have smaller size and need bigger pen for writing. But for some reasons my birds always find a way... it started when I needed a fine job for Noodler's Apache sunset: inked my M250 demo with a vintage F nib; then I missed my 400nn tortoise B, filled it with Sailor Souten. The the neeed for red pushed me toward my m205 red with a steel home made stub, filled with Monaco red. And working on some notes required a distinctive ink, so here comes the 120 of my late mother, fitted with a vintage 14f nib, filled with Pelikan violet. And once again my home is full of Pelikans flying. Hope they behave...

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!