• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• biancitwo

• BillH

• inkstainedruth

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At work today I'm using a 1980s M800 green stripe with a fine PF nib, inked with Kobe #51.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

In terms of our favourite birds, a tortoise 400NN (filled with J.Herbin violette pensée) and a 205 highlighter (filled with...guess what? Pelikan yellow highlighter ink!)

I <also> have inked a dark green, ribbed model of the Waterman Hundred Year pen (filled with Diamine antique Oxford blue)

@BillH: You mention six Pelikans (very nice!); but I see you fail to mention the interloper, off, stage-right...!

Edited by Christopher Godfrey

I just got a M805 Ocean Swirl inked with Iroshizuku Kon-peki, which I find entertaining to compare with another pen inked with Edelstein Topaz. On absorbent paper they look almost identical. On Maruman Mnemosyne paper, I can tell a little bit of a difference.

In terms of our favourite birds, a tortoise 400NN (filled with J.Herbin violette pensée) and a 205 highlighter (filled with...guess what? Pelikan yellow highlighter ink!)

I <also> have inked a dark green, ribbed model of the Waterman Hundred Year pen (filled with Diamine antique Oxford blue)

@BillH: You mention six Pelikans (very nice!); but I see you fail to mention the interloper, off, stage-right...!

Didn't want to stir up the haters :lol:

I find I could do another picture just for those... 146, 147, Solti, 1912...

And a couple of VP's. And some nibs came back from Mark Bacas so there is also now an M400 Red and my M800 Copper Gold with cursive italic B nibs....mmmmmmmm....

Too many pens inked right now.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

This morning I have the following on my desk:

400NN Green Stripe EF, with Edelstein Garnet

M1050 Black EF, with Edelstein Sapphire

M620 Grand Place F, with Edelstein Smoky Quartz

M250 Levenger Special Brown Tortoise IB, with Robert Oster Orange Zest

M900 Toledo F, with Edelstein Tanzanite

101N Tortoise F, with Pelikan 4001 Königsblau

M450 Vermeil Green Tortoise F, with Edelstein Aventurine

500 EF, with Edelstein Tanzanite

M320 Orange M, with Robert Oster Ng Special '16

M800 Renaissance Brown, with Edelstein Smoky Quartz

M250 Clear Demonstrator F, with Edelstein Aquamarine

M1000 Black BB (stubbed by Pendleton Brown), with Pelikan 4001 Violett

M620 Piazza Navona F, with L'Artisan Pastellier Brun Ors

400NN Green Stripe OBB, with Edelstein Sapphire

M800 Black M, with Edelstein Smoky Quartz

At the office, I have an M800 Green Stripe F inked with KWZ IG Blue-Black.

@BillH, who wrote: <Too many pens inked right now> You think <you've> got a pen problem? See right below your post: JMcC admits to having <fifteen> Pelikans inked at one time! (To say nothing of his Nakayas et al!) :D :rolleyes:

The trouble is this website: surely we all spend FAR too much time here, when we should be...writing letters with fountain pens! (I think that that is <my> problem, anyway...) :)

(Jay, how on earth do you remember what ink is in what pen???)

Edited by Christopher Godfrey

Well, I broke down and inked my blue-striped M400 M with Sailor van Gogh Dark Blue, wrote about half a page and promptly flushed it. Will offer the M nib on a WTT for an EF in Classifieds. In the meantime, I emptied the ink into a small container rather than wasting it and used it to fill a cart which went into a peacock blue Sheaffer VFM that I recently got. A noticeably thinner line and a good match for the pen color. Will be interesting to see if I have the same drying problem I had with the terribly un-airtight JIF I had it in.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Currently I have Diamine Majestic Blue on my Pelikan M600, my Parker duofold Centeniall with Parker Quink blue and my Parker 75 cisele with Pelikan 4001 Royal blue. Next for testing is Platinum Blue - black ink, probably on my "75"

(Jay, how on earth do you remember what ink is in what pen???)

I use Nock 3 x 5 cards, one card for each pen. Whenever I ink a pen, I record the date and the ink on the card.

M1005 Black F nib inked with KWZ Toronto Scriptus exclusive Confederation Brown. Runs out in 2 A4 pages.

M800 Brown Tortoise F nib inked with Sailor Pen & Message Old Burgundy.

Cleaning pens this weekend and starting my regular rotation. One black ink, one blue ink and one "other" ink. Will post here when everything is cleaned and inked.

• 2 weeks later...

I like my current pens and inks so much I refilled them as they ran out. My M800, medium nib modified to an italic by Pendleton Brown, with Monteverdi Olivine; M600, broad nib modified to italic by PB, with Monteverdi Blue Horizon; M600, medium nib modified to finer italic by PB, with Asa GAO; 400NN, semi-flex OEF, with Robert Oster, Lake of Fire; 400, medium, with Pelikan Tanzanite; 140, semi-flex EF, with Pelikan Aventurine. To broaden my options I added my 1933 Pelikan 100, with a semi-flex F, and loaded it with Diamine Blood Orange. I also have two other excellent pens loaded, but they are not Pelikans, and do not write as well as Pelikans.

At the moment, I have only 3 Pelikans inked, out of somewhere around 25 pens inked, total. I just checked, and the only make with more inked pens is Graf von Faber-Castell, with four inked pens.

David

I have several 140s, and love their flexible nibs. I just bought another to widen the variety of ink options in those flexible nibs. Unfortunately, the nib in this one is not flexible. Therefore, when I inked it with Noodler's La Couleur Royale, I did not experience much of that beautiful color, or line variation I expected.