The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Another Eversharp Victory Pencil?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RoyalBear

RoyalBear

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 July 2017 - 16:10

Previously it was determined that the short pencil in the photo below was an Eversharp Victory made only in 1941. Just recently I came across the longer pencil and the question is "is it a long Victory?" The are many similarities and a few differences: the clip on the long pencil is in a slightly different position (more down), the nose cone has two lines whereas the short one doesn't have any, and it's longer  Anybody have any thoughts or information?

Victorys.Two.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 jonveley

jonveley

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 July 2017 - 16:17

It is, in my opinion.  They also came with and without gold seals.

Tips are interchangeable among different models, so I don't put much emphasis on that.  As for the position of the clip, these were just stapled on so I don't see any reason to distinguish between a "high clip" and "low clip" model.  Besides, on all 6 of my examples, the clip positions are higher on the short ones and lower on the long ones, shown at lower right in this picture:

Eversharp5-2-19.JPG

#3 RoyalBear

RoyalBear

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 July 2017 - 17:42

Thank you for the quick answer. It will take me some time to read your new pencil blog but well worth the effort.

Sponsored Content

|