• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jagwap

• Ghost Plane

• meiers

• zaddick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like how an oblique can make you pay a little extra attention and focus on the pleasure of the writing process.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

I like how an oblique can make you pay a little extra attention and focus on the pleasure of the writing process.

OK I think I get it now. I just spent a little time (to little, as my youngest was getting impatient, and you can't negotiate when they're 3 months old) with the sample nib set.

Rotate the pen to the natural position and just write. It works. Also to my surprise the line variation suits my angle of inclination. I couldn't resist going broader and broader... I'm preaching to the choir here I suspect.

I tried the ultra black again, and I really like it, but it is a little light, and piston heavy.

I finally tried the 1906, and the nib is close to the 1912 as said, but maybe not quite. It is also too skinny for prolonged writing with my fingers. But they have the ebonite model witht the 18k nib. It may be my imagination, but it seemed closer to the 1912 softness. Also a good price considering they are hard to find. They have the new steel and champagne one too, but that is not a good price. Montblanc are expensive in China.

Pravda: it was the ebonite I saw when I thought I saw a mat brown 1906. The lighting at sunset may have fooled my eyes.

Edited by jagwap

I'm so happy for you! This kind of experience is what everyone should have a chance to have so they can find THEIR perfect nibs.

fpn_1500227494__img_3935.jpg

In my experience, the 18k nib on the ebonite Rouge&Noir 1906 has more softness than the 14K nib on the Heritage 1912. Both of mine are B nibs. The 14k nib on the 1912 writes amazingly too, and has a little more ink flow. The Heritage 1914 is quite another story . I am also interested in oblique nibs recently too. I think I would have the new pens fitted with OB or OBB in the near future.

fpn_1500227494__img_3935.jpg

In my experience, the 18k nib on the ebonite Rouge&Noir 1906 has more softness than the 14K nib on the Heritage 1912. Both of mine are B nibs. The 14k nib on the 1912 writes amazingly too, and has a little more ink flow. The Heritage 1914 is quite another story . I am also interested in oblique nibs recently too. I think I would have the new pens fitted with OB or OBB in the near future.

Great, thanks for the "feedback" (pun).

I had read somewhere that 14k was better than 18k for flex nibs. But flex is different than soft, so maybe this makes sense that 18k is softer than 14k.

OK, so I can see an OB or OBB on an ebonite 1906 in my future... I also know where there is a 1914 not far from here, but it is a lot of money for a lot of pen, that would never leave the house.

• 4 weeks later...

Still on the fence on this. Waiting to go to the Hong Kong boutique and have another browse, as it is generally a lot cheaper than China.

I saw this, and it is another interesting possiblity. Did anyone get an answer?

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/311888-official-mb-images-showing-the-heritage-1914-nib-on-a-regular-149/?do=findComment&comment=3680592