The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Looking For Omas 360 Reccomendations

omas 360

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 noddle

noddle

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:03

I've been foolishly mulling over the idea of acquiring an OMAS 360, and am consequently looking for a bit of advice to navigate my way through the various options. I find light pens a bit harder to produce really controlled writing with; heavier pens (35g +) generally suit me, although the balance of the pen is also important.

Can you suggest 360 models that are:

1. Solid opaque (i.e not demonstrators or semi-translucent)

2. Heavy or on the heavier side

3. Standard length (@ 150mm)

A. The Imagination is too heavy!

B. The Magnum is too long!

C. I'm drawn to the T2 and Vintage DLC models (aren't we all), but they are both rare and expensive.

D. Maybe the Ebony / Lucens / Royal etc..etc...??

Thanks in advance :)

Pens:  Conid Kingsize Bulkfiller (2)
Inks:   Diamine Raw Sienna   Diamine Burnt Sienna  -  GVFC India Red  -  KWZ Dark Brown  -  Iroshizuku Yama-Guri 

Sponsored Content

#2 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,990 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:25

The wood pens have a tendency to crack. The lucens is translucent. Take a look at the celluloid 360s with the silver section. I think they are about the right weight.

I think the T2 may be too lite for you. Also the PC, made of aluminum, is lite.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

#3 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:43

Since I purchased mine from the "available stock" of the secondary market, I was limited by the choices I could find & afford.  I ended up with a boring Black & a fun Yellow 360.  Neither are opaque, nor translucent, but just the basic, NOT magnum, cotton resin pens.  I was not attracted to the ones with the sterling sections, perhaps because I read more than one review or comment that suggested, some were prone to leaking, "@ the section."  Since I appreciated the "more desirable celluloids," I preferred them to be, uninterrupted by a metal section; any additional weight supplied by same, not an important consideration for me.

Since many owners of Omas seem to be selling their pens, I hope you will find one to your liking & enjoy it.

Edited by Barkingpig, 02 July 2017 - 02:44.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: omas 360

Sponsored Content

|