Pelikan Souvran M600 Pink

pinkladywriter

When i started my collection of fountain pens, one of my dreams was the Pelikan Souveran M600.

But it costed a lot and i was at beginning and bought only lamy.

In few months, my collections grew up but in the meanwhile the pen, that was a limited edition began to vanish from webshops. On ebay it was sold to very high prices and....I decided to try a pelikan nib, buying the M200 amethyst.

The pen was a dream.

Today this dream came true.

Thanks to a friend. An american lady who wrote me on FB because i posted gthe pic of another pearl of my collection (Pink vanishing point pilot) and she, thanks to me, could buy the pink capless and realize her dreams....after some days she spoke me about some european shops and ....in one of these, the Pelikan was available. I bought it......Today has arrived.

It's so elegant and beautiful and even if the nib doesn't fascinate me as the Aurora one, i love it so much,

post-137365-0-83130900-1498858694_thumb.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• invisuu

• View from the Loft

• pajaro

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am very happy for you!

There is a great joy in obtaining a pen you desired, could not purchase & later becomes available. I spied one myself, not long after it was made, (100 pens) & sold out.

The Company that made it assured me there were some "floating about in various shops in the United Kingdom & they themselves had 2 in the US, with a Distributor." Of course after two years of inquiry, none of these became a reality. Almost another two years went by & I was surprised to see a member here review the pen, which had been recently "reintroduced as an edition of 200!" I was fortunate to purchase one & received it last week. I consider it my "second chance pen" & admit perhaps I am happier to receive it after such a disappointing introduction. Perhaps waiting for those things make them even nicer when they appear?

I had this Pelikan in my possession for a brief moment of time and it is absolutely stunning and beautiful. As a nearly 2 metres tall male, I probably looked ridiculous when I held it, but I liked it anyway. By some sheer coincidence a girl across the planet contacted me to get her this pen, as we had one in stock locally here in a brick and mortar store, when it was already sold out everywhere else. I tried the nib out for her (as per her request, of course) and sent it her way, but I remember the pen being quite stunning in person.

Congrats!

Edited by invisuu

Much better looking than expected.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Right: I want one. :) Is there only one eBay seller in Singapore who seems to have loads of them, but is unsuccessfully trying to sell them at a ridiculous price? :angry:

Right: I want one. :) Is there only one eBay seller in Singapore who seems to have loads of them, but is unsuccessfully trying to sell them at a ridiculous price? :angry:

I haven't seen one come up in a very long time, other than the one you mention. Appears those who hold them are keeping them. This one may be the next "M800 Tort" for some folks. (I'm very glad it doesn't appeal to me, so my wallet is safe from this one).

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I haven't seen one come up in a very long time, other than the one you mention. Appears those who hold them are keeping them. This one may be the next "M800 Tort" for some folks. (I'm very glad it doesn't appeal to me, so my wallet is safe from this one).

I'm absolutely safe from the Singapore eBay seller who seems to have at least 6

I'm absolutely safe from the Singapore eBay seller who seems to have at least 6

:lol: +1

I balk at the $600-$800 some want for the M620's, much less the price he wants for the Pink.

Edited by BillH

:lol: +1

I balk at the $600-$800 some want for the M620's, much less the price he wants for the Pink.

I would still be balking if he dropped his prices by $1000 :D

I find it interesting that a few years after these were introduced, they have lost their detractors, which were numerous, when the pen was introduced. (I remember words slung about, "Pepto Bismol, criticism about stereotypical packaging, mimicking a ladies' corset, among others.) Now, because they are "gone," they are being offered for more than 3 times their purchase price & mentioned as the replacement for the M800 Brown Tortoise. It seems History has been very kind to this Bird.

I can see why the pen is interesting to those who want it, it is surely more interesting than the "usual" issue from Pelikan; I love my White Tortoise & only decided to purchase it a couple of YEARS after the Brown one. I initially thought it was strictly a pen that was designed for women, until one day I realised that the tortoise looked better in it than it did in my Brown one. Next stop, Ms. Regina Martini, to get an OBB nibbed one! (I wouldn't be surprised if Regina had a few of these "stashed" away.)

Maybe I should wish for an ORANGE "tortoise binde?"

There are a number of these still out there on the retail market for retail price. You just have to be prepared to go to the websites of basically every pen store in Europe. :) *hint* Start in Poland.

I wanted one when they first came out -- stupid packaging and all. Honestly -- they were really NOT "Pepto-Bismal pink" and were really very attractive. But they were too expensive for me, and I worried a little about the size and weight of an M600 over that of an M400.

Glad someone got one even at this late a date. Gives me a bit of hope on maybe finding (yet another) M200 Café Crème, for some price that isn't completely off the charts. And who knows -- they've reissued the M400 Brown Tortoise. So maybe in a few years they'll reissue this one as well. And having gotten used to the weight of a *somewhat* heavier pen (TWSBI 580-AL) I'm wondering just how heavy an M600 actually is. Anybody know offhand? I just checked the technical specs the M405 Stresemann (a pen I DO have) and that's listed as an overall weight of 15 grams.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I wanted one when they first came out -- stupid packaging and all. Honestly -- they were really NOT "Pepto-Bismal pink" and were really very attractive. But they were too expensive for me, and I worried a little about the size and weight of an M600 over that of an M400.

Glad someone got one even at this late a date. Gives me a bit of hope on maybe finding (yet another) M200 Café Crème, for some price that isn't completely off the charts. And who knows -- they've reissued the M400 Brown Tortoise. So maybe in a few years they'll reissue this one as well. And having gotten used to the weight of a *somewhat* heavier pen (TWSBI 580-AL) I'm wondering just how heavy an M600 actually is. Anybody know offhand? I just checked the technical specs the M405 Stresemann (a pen I DO have) and that's listed as an overall weight of 15 grams.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Ruth, the M600 is quite a bit lighter than the TWSBI, so if you've gotten used to the 580AL you'll be very happy with the M600 size Pelikans. Actually, the 580AL is just a titch bigger than an M800. The TWSBI scales 32g on my scale and the M800 is 30g. The M600 was 17g. Those are capped. Uncapped, the 580AL is lighter than the M800 by about .1oz but noticeably heavier than the M600. The M800 is a little larger in the girth but the M600 and the TWSBI are about the same.

Edited by BillH

Matt Armstrong, THE PEN HABIT, in his review of the Pelikan M600, White Tortoise, says the pen is 12 grams, without cap & 19 grams, capped or posted. I have never noticed any weight associated problems when using mine, even though I had the M800 Brown one a few years previously. I would imagine the Pink one to be a similar weight.