Montblanc Saint-Exupery Le Ink

visvamitra

fpn_1499068660__img_3161.jpg

According to him he has had a recent delivery & was showing stocks of the EF nib in his shop. I can't stand Lamy nibs so I'm not bothered what happens - I'm just feeding back his statement on Reddit.

Verba volant, scripta manent

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• visvamitra

• MrsHobie

• Joane

• lgsoltek

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How much will a package of cartridges cost? I don't see Saint-Exupéry cartridges listed on the Montbpanc website.

I like the color...a lot. But I like the proportions bottle/cap on lucky orange better.

What is lucky orange? Sounds nice.

Happiness is a real Montblanc...

Another Montblancs' limited edition ink. It's really quite nice. But it requires a good fountain pen with perfect sealing, or you might get some ink creep/crud. Works flawlessly in my Pelikans. Best orange I have found to date, a true orange without being reddish or brownish or what have you.

Don't know whether Lamy has reversed their decision, or that Anderson Pens get their batch elsewhere, not directly from Lamy. (Reportedly Lamy still supplies EF nibs, for example to Asia, but not to US.)

I heard directly from Lamy, and yes, bought directly from Lamy. I do not go around any US distributor to get my products. This whole thing was completely blown out of proportion.

www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.

Another Montblancs' limited edition ink. It's really quite nice. But it requires a good fountain pen with perfect sealing, or you might get some ink creep/crud. Works flawlessly in my Pelikans. Best orange I have found to date, a true orange without being reddish or brownish or what have you.

Thanks!

Me neither. Maybe they won't sell it in carts?

I don't think they will sell cartridges because the WE pen is a piston filler. If I remember correctly, they didn't do cartridges for the Shakespeare or Miles Davis either.

Edited by auds

Have a look at my Instagram :)

SADNESS!!!! I was digging the red-brown.... This is red-purple... :(

C.

A million thanks to Barkingpig for the sample of St Exupéry "Encre du Désert". It is definitely a reddish-violet, and in the limited testing I've done, is almost a perfect doppelgänger to Sweet Potato Purple in terms of color.

Very pretty, if that color grabs you.

Edited by HalloweenHJB

Well, I own a couple expensive inks so I'm probably not one to talk. I love my Akkerman Shocking Blue and Dutch Master's Stormy Blue. I think they perform really well and they offer enough contrast to help me see what I'm writing. I also own quite a few Montblanc inks - my favorites being the black and violet. This new ink is pretty expensive!

Montblanc standard colors are now 39 cents a ml.

Akkerman is about 48 cents a ml.

This Montblanc LE is about 78 cents a ml. It is hard for me to spend that much when I can buy Diamine Syrah, which seems "close enough".

Ink is beginning to be just as expensive as the pens we write with!

Edited by BlazeOrangeGuy

SHow us some photo :)

Side-by-side photos of St. Exupéry and Sweet Potato:

fpn_1499444540__2017-07-07_122006.jpg

Thanks for the comparison. I wonder what it would look like compared to MB Burgundy Red. Right now I'm thinking if I have Burgundy Red why would I need St-Ex?