The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Namisu Ixion On Kickstarter

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 woleizihan

woleizihan

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 November 2017 - 00:04

Guys, unless you are in bed with either Namisu or Bock, you are technically just speculating.  

For me... I am very dissapointed, but since is out my control, I only need to sit tight and wait. 

Good thing I have enough pens and inks to keep me entertained. 

Cheers!!

C.

I wouldn't say it's just speculating. Speculate means "form a theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence". 

We are speculating what could be wrong with Namisu but I think there are plenty of evidence showing that they are not being honest. There are evidence showing that nib is not the only problem contribute to the delay while in the update, they pretty much blamed only Bock. And from what they said themselves, it's pretty clear that they knew this problem far far before the actual shipping deadline and chose to keep it from backers.

And it is a FACT that they are selling on their website and on Massdrop with almost immediate delivery and their explanation is these pens were made before. But they sold the pens on Kickstarter BEFORE any future purchase that will be made on Massdrop or their website. Their explanation makes no sense to me. What does it mean that these pens were made before? If you cannot fulfill the orders already placed, you don't take any other order. The only explanation is, they don't care about shipping the pens they sold on Kickstarter as soon as possible. They are definitely playing with the Kickstarter rules. 

I wouldn't say any of these are speculation because there are concrete evidence.

And yes, I have enough pens but I was expecting a great pen maker whom I could buy more pens from in the future. If you look at the comments on Kickstarter, many people were expecting the pens as Christmas gifts. It's just sad. 

Edited by woleizihan, 30 November 2017 - 00:10.

Sponsored Content

#62 AlexLeGrande

AlexLeGrande

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 November 2017 - 00:44

I am an early backer, disappointed with the many extensions of the shipping date.  I don't know what to believe; I'm just disappointed, and I want my pen.

#63 CupTea

CupTea

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:12

I don't know what to believe; I'm just disappointed, and I want my pen.

That about sums up my feelings about this purchase too. :thumbup:

#64 crahptacular

crahptacular

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:51

I think it's fair to say we're speculating on what the problems are behind the scene, but regardless of what those issues are, I think most people are disappointed by the way they're being handled, which is well outside the realm of speculation. I'm sure many comments, mine included, are influenced by frustration. After all, instead of immediately notifying their backers two weeks ago when they ran into problems, they waited until the day everyone expected to see their shipping notices, only to send delay notices instead. It's doubly disappointing!

I think for myself, a change of mindset is probably in order. Instead of expecting the product on a certain date, I'll put it out of mind and let its arrival be a happy surprise waiting in the mail one day. Pens and inks ought to be a source of pleasure, not frustration :)

#65 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 November 2017 - 16:00

I'll put it out of mind and let its arrival be a happy surprise waiting in the mail one day. Pens and inks ought to be a source of pleasure, not frustration :)

:thumbup:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Sponsored Content

|