The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Namisu Ixion On Kickstarter

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 taike

taike

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2017 - 00:23

@taike, that titanium Nova is really gorgeous.

Thanks.  It does continue to impress.

Sponsored Content

#22 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 July 2017 - 17:27

I'm in - couldn't resist that blue aluminium! It will be my fourth Namisu - just love the titanium nibs.

#23 RocketRyan

RocketRyan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 July 2017 - 18:51

I went for the brass, it also reminds me of a large kaweco. Size was the thing that always put me off one.

#24 GranTorino25

GranTorino25

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 July 2017 - 22:31

I am incredibly tempted, that blue does look phenomenal! Now to find the £30 plus shipping...

#25 GranTorino25

GranTorino25

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:35

And backed it! Was a tough decision between the aluminum blue and the brass, but I decided brass since I don't have a brass pen yet! Can't wait for delivery now!!

#26 shahrincamille

shahrincamille

Pemburu

• Member - Gold

• 880 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:09

Opted for the titanium Ixon, since I only have Ti nibs and not ones made of Ti itself. I plan to pair it with a Ti nib for an all-Ti pen :D

As for a brass pen, I'm still waiting for my brass Loclen Electa to show up - it's already 3 months overdue :huh:

Shahrin B)

#27 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,006 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2017 - 17:45

I'm still waiting for my brass Loclen Electa to show up - it's already 3 months overdue :huh:

Pic??

Thanks...   :D

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#28 shahrincamille

shahrincamille

Pemburu

• Member - Gold

• 880 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:19

Pic??

d993643050cc5c2e76f413425ab25266_origina

Taken from their Kickstarter page

Shahrin B)

#29 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:32

Pic??

Unfortunately they aren't available 'in the wild' as yet - only a small number of their pens have shipped.  I'm still waiting for mine, too (I wanted a black finish) - the latest update says it'll be another couple of weeks before they're ready for delivery...  :(

#30 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,975 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:34

This is the Electa pen I'm waiting for - mirror-polished black:

1aff50ddd1704dac816725f580a483e7_origina

#31 Aramchek

Aramchek

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:44

I'm really pleased with Namisu's Nexus but while I liked the way that one looked immediately, this one is one of those where I know there is something specific about the design I don't like, but I can't figure out what it is. 

Good luck to those waiting for the Electa - actually delivering on kickstarter projects doesn't really seem to be their thing... 

STR:12 DEX: 5 CON:7 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3 Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

#32 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 973 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:57

Just to make it clear, re the last post, the Electa has nothing to do with Namisu and the Ixion kickstarted project. Namisu actually delivered ahead of schedule on my last pre-order from them.

I'm also waiting for the Loclen Electa. The project manager obviously has problems with other commitments, but I believe the pens will eventually arrive.

#33 Aramchek

Aramchek

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 July 2017 - 13:47

Just to make it clear, re the last post, the Electa has nothing to do with Namisu and the Ixion kickstarted project.

Correct. Unfortunately my post was unclear and I apologise for that. Loclen (which has two kickstarter accounts) are in no way connected to Namisu and my second paragraph was a reply to those who had problems with delays on one of Loclen projects since I have the same problem on one of their other projects. 

STR:12 DEX: 5 CON:7 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3 Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

#34 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 973 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:04

Correct. Unfortunately my post was unclear and I apologise for that. Loclen (which has two kickstarter accounts) are in no way connected to Namisu and my second paragraph was a reply to those who had problems with delays on one of Loclen projects since I have the same problem on one of their other projects.

No need! It wasn't that unclear - I just didn't want anyone to think Namisu was late with a delivery!

#35 shanbo

shanbo

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:53

I chose the 2 pen option one for aluminium and one in titanium. When do we get to choose the nib size and modify the nibs and add the pen sleeve?

Will they get in touch once it gets over? What happens if I want to add more ?

#36 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,975 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:10

I chose the 2 pen option one for aluminium and one in titanium. When do we get to choose the nib size and modify the nibs and add the pen sleeve?

Will they get in touch once it gets over? What happens if I want to add more ?

The Campaign 'Creators' will *definitely* get in touch at the end of the campaign - they send out a questionnaire which asks you to specify pen colours, nib preferences, etc, and allows you to select other add-ons.  You have the option of paying for the add-ons *now* by upping your pledge... or you can pay the difference later as a separate transaction, once they've added up the cost of all the extras you want.

If you trawl through the comments section (you'll have to select "Show older comments"), they indicate somewhere that you can opt to buy extra pens via the survey form too - so if you want a 3rd or 4th, they should be available at the same price as for the campaign.

Looking forward to seeing this pen - it'll be my third Namisu Kickstarter campaign!

#37 shanbo

shanbo

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:17

Thanks Jamarelbe
Will wait for them to reach out

#38 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,553 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:58

I'm also not so keen on the fact that the cap is faceted while the body isn't.  -_-

flying-letter-exc.png

#39 Angel91

Angel91

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:31

it's been a while since last update, any news?

#40 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,975 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:30

it's been a while since last update, any news?

Nope, Namisu typically go quiet around this point in time - delivery was originally scheduled for October, so hopefully there will be an update in the next few weeks to let us know if that's on track!

Sponsored Content

|