I Hope To Help All F-Pen Users By Giving This Information

oneill

Should you have problems with your FP drying out go to engeika ebay and look for PLAISIR which has a cap which seals thereby preventing it from drying out,I have not as yet tried it but I like Japanese Fountain pens and their expertise.Trust Me. oneill

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oneill

• Inkling13

• ParkerDuofold

• Jamerelbe

Yes, a terrific pen and a great value. Platinum's Slip and Seal mechanism works amazingly for me and of course, it's also available in their Century 3776 models and even the Preppy, which surprised me very much when I got one. A $4-US pen with that mechanism is just fantastic.

http://platinumpenusa.com/slip-seal-cap/

If I did experience the problem, engeika is not the place I would go after past experience. :( They list items that aren't in stock. -_-

• 7 months later...

Yes, a terrific pen and a great value. Platinum's Slip and Seal mechanism works amazingly for me and of course, it's also available in their Century 3776 models and even the Preppy, which surprised me very much when I got one. A $4-US pen with that mechanism is just fantastic.

I totally agree,Trust me, Oneill

I'll admit that one of the first pens I bought was a Plaisir. I don't really care for it. It turns out to be a very dry writer, for one thing (which I had not realized at first). Plus, I got one of the older ones where the nib color matched the pen color -- and that turned out to just be a coating on the nib. After a year or so of regular use and flushing the coating started to peel off. I'm concerned about getting the coating caught in the feed or between the tines, and also possibly contaminating an ink bottle if it comes off while filling the pen.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Thanks for the info.

Ps. Why should we trust you?

To Inkling 13, because I am totally HONEST and no one can dispute that, Trust Me, Oneill Edited by oneill

I'll admit that one of the first pens I bought was a Plaisir. I don't really care for it. It turns out to be a very dry writer, for one thing (which I had not realized at first). Plus, I got one of the older ones where the nib color matched the pen color -- and that turned out to just be a coating on the nib. After a year or so of regular use and flushing the coating started to peel off. I'm concerned about getting the coating caught in the feed or between the tines, and also possibly contaminating an ink bottle if it comes off while filling the pen.

Did You return it with those comments,if not don't expect nothing to happen,Oneill

To Inkling 13, because I am totally HONEST and no one can dispute that, Trust Me, Oneill

a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

- Jack Sparrow

Did You return it with those comments,if not don't expect nothing to happen,Oneill

No, because the coating came off after a year or two, and I figured it wasn't worth the hassle (and it probably was no longer under warranty). OTOH, I'm seriously disinclined to want to buy another one (even though now Platinum is no longer selling pens with the nib matching the barrel color).

But for you to say "Trust me!" after my experience is just going to garner you a rebuttal and I won't apologize for that.

After all -- as Inkling13 said -- we have ONLY your word that you're "honest". Sorry, but I've been dealing for the past 2 days with BS from internet ad providers (yes, including on here) and not overly inclined to believe everything I read or everything I'm told.

edited for typos

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

No, because the coating came off after a year or two, and I figured it wasn't worth the hassle (and it probably was no longer under warranty). OTOH, I'm seriously disinclined to want to buy another one (even though now Platinum is no longer selling pens with the nib matching the barrel color).

But for you to say "Trust me!" after my experience is just going to garner you a rebuttal and I won't apologize for that.

After all -- as Inkling13 said -- we have ONLY your word that you're "honest". Sorry, but I've been dealing for the past 2 days with BS from internet ad providers (yes, including on here) and not overly inclined to believe everything I read or everything I'm told.

edited for typos

Agree!

I can only pass on information that the seller is putting on their pages,Trust Me, Oneill

Thanks for the info.

Because all Australians are always inherently trustworthy - after all, our modern nation was founded by people who were commissioned and sent here by Magistrates like Mr O'Neill! Edited by Jamerelbe

I am so glad to see that yours works .

Thanks for the info.

It's kind of a troll-ish signature end he likes to add to the end of his posts for some reason...

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Hi all,

Reading through this... I can't help but laugh... and I'm not saying this to impugn or imply anything against O'Neill... just my friendly two cents to everyone concerned...

When someone comes up to me and says, "trust me,"... (as so many used car salesmen are apt to do :D),... I don't.

That's a street thing.

In the street, trust is always cautiously assumed,... but when someone raises the point out of the clear blue... or after making their pitch w/o being seriously questioned about it and they say that... it's always duck and cover time.

Be well all... and whatever you do... don't trust me... I don't even trust myself. :D

- Anthony

Just to follow-up...

Hi Oneill,

Just my friendly two cents... you probably are exactly what you claim to be... but I would lose that,... "trust me." ;)

- Anthony