The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

I Hope To Help All F-Pen Users By Giving This Information

non dryout fountain pen here

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:38

Feel Free to ignore my posts if you cant believe them,I wont miss you.Trust Me ,Oneill

Interesting. You already responded to me yet felt the need to come back at me again 7 months later. Apologies if your feelings were hurt for this long. You still appear (to me) to have missed the point of my posts. It was about hyperbole not belief.

Sponsored Content

#22 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:30

Platinum 3776 & Plaisir are both pens that have amazed me with their ability to keep a damp nib, ready for a first start.  I have had a Plaisir filled with a cartridge for almost two years & it just started up!  It is filled with a VERY occasional use color & is used maybe once a month. ( I suspect the 3776 may not have been used for a couple of months.)

I will also say, I have never found my Aurora Africa failing to start up either, which may not be used more than once a week.  Some pens "start easier" than others, but my only two Platinums are  great starters.

I used the same Plaisir, only this morning @ with the same, soon to be 3 year old cartridge, & immediately it wrote, without a pause!  I should add that the pen also has one of the painted or dyed nibs to match the body of the pen & it is the same today as it was upon arrival.  Perhaps it's less than regular use has maintained it's finish, but there is no loss of color on the nib.  It is pretty amazing for a pen that was purchased "on sale" for less than $10.00!  (I surely miss ISELLPENS!)

#23 Nail-Bender

Nail-Bender

"Allo, daffy English kniggets"

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:17

Looks like an interesting mechanism but I'm not sure how it works.

https://www.gouletpe...PNB-20000R-87-B

#24 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:01

I'm with zaddick here. The information in the post didn't really live up to the thread title. I have plenty of pens that have caps that seal without drying out.  :)

Personally I wouldn't buy a pen (or anything else)  from Engeika as I have already been seriously let down by him. Twice.  :mellow:

The choice is YOURS.

#25 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 1,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:05

Interesting. You already responded to me yet felt the need to come back at me again 7 months later. Apologies if your feelings were hurt for this long. You still appear (to me) to have missed the point of my posts. It was about hyperbole not belief.

Read what the satisfied users said.

#26 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 1,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:35

Ypur post does not live up to your thread title's promise.

Another Face Book poster

#27 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:38

The choice is YOURS.

I can't understand why you have you re-quoted my original single post three times in order to make comments about it. You seem to have become angry for no real reason.  :huh:

#28 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 14,397 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:23

I can't understand why you have you re-quoted my original single post three times in order to make comments about it. You seem to have become angry for no real reason.  :huh:

I think he's angry because we called his bluff....  :rolleyes: 

Me?  I see a post that looks as if it might be interesting to read.  I don't generally go out of my way to see who started the thread (or how many years ago it got started :blush:).  Heck, I've read some really hilarious threads in the MB Forum (like the one about the "pen of betrayal" or whatever it was called, from a couple of years ago) -- and the odds of me ever wanting a MB pen are, well, between slim and none (except for a vintage one that I saw on eBay that cost about 6 car payments :yikes:).

So I saw this thread, thought it might be interesting, and checked it out.  And then, well my experience about the pen in question didn't exactly match his.  And clearly your experience with the seller didn't match his, either....  

This is like a woman I know on an email list I'm on.  Several years ago, when New Orleans was devastated by Hurricane Katrina, there was a discussion about how to help victims (particularly in the organization we belong to).  Someone said that her husband ran a trucking company and had had issues with a particular relief organization when he'd offered to run supplies to a different disaster, and I said "So, don't send money to them if you don't like their policies -- send money to a different agency instead."  And that is ALL I said.  

Well the first woman sent me private email going "Blah blah blah, everything that other person said is totally true and you can read all about it here!" and sent me four links to what turned out to be op-ed pieces.  And I said "These are op-ed pieces.  While there may be factual information about the agency in them, ultimately these are just someone's OPINION...."  And she wouldn't speak to me in person for something like 2 years.  But wanted to be "friends" with me on Facebook.  As if.... :glare: 

Last spring she was actually nice to me -- pretty much to the point of almost sucking up.  Afterwards, I asked my husband (who was there at the time): "Is there something I need to know about?  Like I'm up for some award or something?" :o  Because it felt THAT obvious....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#29 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:03

I see exactly what you mean Ruth.

Some people think it's either their way or the highway and won't even entertain the idea that others will have had different experiences to their own.

My experience with Engeika was poor service.

When the latest Sailor Jentle inks first came out he listed them on his web-site at a reasonable price. I was straight on there and ordered a couple. I paid for them by PayPal.

I can't have inks or pens delivered to my UK home address because of very high Customs charges, so I usually have about a month's window when I can have them shipped to the US because I'm about to go there on holiday.

After a week I had heard no acknowledgement and nothing about dispatch. So I contacted him. He replied and said they were out of stock. When I asked when they would be in stock I received no reply. After emailing a couple more times, asking for notification of a dispatch date or a full refund, still no replies.

So I opened a case on PayPal for a refund and got my money back. Not my idea of a great customer experience.  :(

#30 Ebberman

Ebberman

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:33

I have bought Jinhao pens for less than £1 and they don't dry out. I have a pilot V disposable which didn't dry out after over five years in a drawer. My parker Vector gives me problems though.

#31 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 1,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:57

Here's mine:

I Hope To Help All F-Pen Users By Giving This Information-

If you're searching for your one ideal pen, you will never find it.  Only by defining one of your pens as "your ideal" will your search end.

WOW

#32 Ebberman

Ebberman

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:14

I've had a pilot V (I believe it's Varsity in the US) since the 1980s, and after 5 years in a drawer unused it started immediately I removed the cap. It's supposed to be non-refillable and throwaway, but I can't chuck it. It has a nice nib for workaday use (shopping lists etc.), doesn't leak and is always ready. It's better than some non-throwaway pens. I refill it now. I read about doing it on another pen site. Wrap some cloth around the nib and pull gently with pliers until the whole lot comes out (not just the nib). 

Sorry, I've just noticed that I made a post similar to this one a short while ago.

Edited by Ebberman, 28 March 2018 - 03:22.

#33 Ebberman

Ebberman

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:49

Hello Chrissy. I was intrigued by your comment: -I can't have inks or pens delivered to my UK home address because of very high Customs charges.
I live in Cardiff UK. I look at ebayUK and see pens @ 99 pence. I go to ebayUS and see the same pens from the same supplier for 99 cents (=60 or 64 pence)so I regularly place large orders (typically ten pens) from ebayUS and have never had a customs charge.
I can remember years ago being told that the UK was regarded as Treasure Island by some US firms.
Dollars translate into pounds. I bought a Xerox printer for £99 then noticed that they were selling in the US at $99 recommended retail price, but in reality much less. I emailed Xerox to complain. They replied that it was due to extra costs in transport. What (bleep). The printer was stamped "Made in UK"
Anyway, I'd be interested to know about the customs charges.

Edited by Ebberman, 28 March 2018 - 03:51.

#34 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 1,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:02

I used the same Plaisir, only this morning @ with the same, soon to be 3 year old cartridge, & immediately it wrote, without a pause!  I should add that the pen also has one of the painted or dyed nibs to match the body of the pen & it is the same today as it was upon arrival.  Perhaps it's less than regular use has maintained it's finish, but there is no loss of color on the nib.  It is pretty amazing for a pen that was purchased "on sale" for less than $10.00!  (I surely miss ISELLPENS!)

Thank you for your support. Oneill

#35 Beginnersmind0

Beginnersmind0

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 April 2018 - 00:46

If you're searching for your one ideal pen, you will never find it. Only by defining one of your pens as "your ideal" will your search end.

Nope. Tried that. Didnt work! Lol!

#36 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 14,397 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 April 2018 - 22:53

If you're searching for your one ideal pen, you will never find it. Only by defining one of your pens as "your ideal" will your search end.

Nope. Tried that. Didnt work! Lol!

Yeah, same here.  I keep getting distracted by "ooh... shiny".  The problem is that definition is very wide.  So it could mean a beautiful celluloid, a gold-filled filigree overlay, an exotic nib, or an interesting fill system (most recently a black Laidtone Duovac (and yes I DO mean Duovac -- it's a Speedline Vac filler, not a button filler like my other two are).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

edited for typos

Edited by inkstainedruth, 16 April 2018 - 22:54.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: non dryout fountain pen here

Sponsored Content

|