The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Announcement: New Privacy Policy
Please note that as of today, May 25, 2018, a new Privacy & Cookie Policy is in force, compliant with the GDPR. By continuing to use FPN, you accept this new policy.
You may find the new policy by clicking the button or link at the bottom of each page called "Privacy Policy", or alternatively by clicking below:

New Privacy Policy
***** The FPN Admin Team *****

Photo

I Hope To Help All F-Pen Users By Giving This Information

non dryout fountain pen here

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:56

Should you have problems with your FP  drying out go to engeika ebay and look for PLAISIR which has a cap which seals thereby preventing it from drying out,I have not as yet tried it but I like Japanese Fountain pens and their expertise.Trust Me. oneill

Sponsored Content

#2 Ron Z

Ron Z

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,471 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:36

Most quality pens have an inner cap with provides an air tight seal, thereby keeping them from  drying out.

banner200.jpg
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

#3 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,592 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2017 - 15:53

Ypur post does not live up to your thread title's promise.

#4 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2017 - 18:57

Platinum 3776 & Plaisir are both pens that have amazed me with their ability to keep a damp nib, ready for a first start.  I have had a Plaisir filled with a cartridge for almost two years & it just started up!  It is filled with a VERY occasional use color & is used maybe once a month. ( I suspect the 3776 may not have been used for a couple of months.)

I will also say, I have never found my Aurora Africa failing to start up either, which may not be used more than once a week.  Some pens "start easier" than others, but my only two Platinums are surely successful.

#5 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 1,030 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2017 - 23:06

All I can do is pass on the information they sent me.Please tell me exactly what is the problem I will be glad
to help Trust Me. oneill

#6 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• 4,592 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2017 - 23:22

All you did was pass along second hand info, hardly a help to all users of FP. Maybe of some help to those who have an issue with pens drying out and want to try a low cost alternative.

Less hyperbole was needed in your subject, in my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

#7 Lloyd

Lloyd

Can a nib be smoothed by psychokinesis?

• Member - Gold

• 5,986 posts
  • Location:Trapped inside of a snowglobe that is resting upon a mantel in a home in Massachusetts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 23:30

Here's mine:

I Hope To Help All F-Pen Users By Giving This Information-

If you're searching for your one ideal pen, you will never find it.  Only by defining one of your pens as "your ideal" will your search end.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
Oscar Wilde

#8 FOUR X FOUR

FOUR X FOUR

Antique

• Premium - Diamond

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2017 - 23:39

Here's mine:
I Hope To Help All F-Pen Users By Giving This Information-
If you're searching for your one ideal pen, you will never find it.  Only by defining one of your pens as "your ideal" will your search end.

LIoyd. You probably weren't aware of this but since we're passing along helpful info, I'll share this with you.
A nib can be smoothed by psychokinesis.
Allan😀😀

Edited by FOUR X FOUR, 18 July 2017 - 23:41.

#9 Andrea_R

Andrea_R

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2017 - 00:08

All you did was pass along second hand info, hardly a help to all users of FP. Maybe of some help to those who have an issue with pens drying out and want to try a low cost alternative.

Less hyperbole was needed in your subject, in my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

+1

#10 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,807 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:28

I have a Platinum Plaisir and (unlike the OP) I HAVE tried it.  It was one of the pens I got when I was first starting out here around 5-1/2 years ago.  

Truthfully, I don't much like it.  It is an extremely dry writer (so I have to be a bit careful about what ink goes in it -- having it start every time is one thing, but that's not much help if the pen itself is stingy of putting ink down on the page; I have Parker Vectors which cost less, even with the cost of a twist converter added in, which write better), and I got one with the nib tinted to (sort of) match the pen barrel -- only it was just a coating, which started to flake off after about 2 years....

YMMV

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#11 Lloyd

Lloyd

Can a nib be smoothed by psychokinesis?

• Member - Gold

• 5,986 posts
  • Location:Trapped inside of a snowglobe that is resting upon a mantel in a home in Massachusetts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:06

LIoyd. You probably weren't aware of this but since we're passing along helpful info, I'll share this with you.
A nib can be smoothed by psychokinesis.
Allan

Unfortunately, it requires black magic.... No other colors of magic will suffice. 

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
Oscar Wilde

#12 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,746 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:51

I'm with zaddick here. The information in the post didn't really live up to the thread title. I have plenty of pens that have caps that seal without drying out.  :)

Personally I wouldn't buy a pen (or anything else)  from Engeika as I have already been seriously let down by him. Twice.  :mellow:

flying-letter-exc.png

#13 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 1,030 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:59

Sorry I spoke!!!!!

#14 Bill Wood

Bill Wood

Bill Wood

• Member - Gold

• 1,377 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2017 - 15:56

Sorry I spoke!!!!!

Oneill - no harm done. You passed along some useful information that some knew, and some did not know about. No problem. I think the promotion of said 'supplier' might the downfall of the post. Certainly not the pen, or the information.  Thanks. 

-Bill-

#15 migo984

migo984

Bihemispherical Global Nomad

• Member - Gold

• 3,548 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 17:33

Thank you for taking the time to post the information Oneill. I had a Plaisir (a pale blue one) a while back & enjoyed writing with it. I thought it represented good value. I subsequently gifted mine to a new fountain pen user & they enjoyed it too.
I didn't buy mine from Engeika though.

Verba volant, scripta manent

#16 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 1,030 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:36

Oneill - no harm done. You passed along some useful information that some knew, and some did not know about. No problem. I think the promotion of said 'supplier' might the downfall of the post. Certainly not the pen, or the information.  Thanks. 

-Bill-

Thank You Bill, your support was greatly received,oneill

#17 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 1,030 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:56

Feel Free to ignore my posts if you cant believe them,I wont miss you.Trust Me ,Oneill

#18 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 1,030 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:57

-Bill-

The Pleasure was all MINE,Trust Me, Oneill

#19 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 1,030 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:59

Thank you for taking the time to post the information Oneill. I had a Plaisir (a pale blue one) a while back & enjoyed writing with it. I thought it represented good value. I subsequently gifted mine to a new fountain pen user & they enjoyed it too.
I didn't buy mine from Engeika though.

I am glad that you bought one of the Plaisir Pens .   I have had no problems at all and yes I did buy mine from Engeika and lots of other pens also.Trust Me, Oneill

#20 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 1,030 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2018 - 06:02

I'm with zaddick here. The information in the post didn't really live up to the thread title. I have plenty of pens that have caps that seal without drying out.  :)

Personally I wouldn't buy a pen (or anything else)  from Engeika as I have already been seriously let down by him. Twice.  :mellow:

You have had your say!!!!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: non dryout fountain pen here

Sponsored Content

|