Nemosine Singularity 0.6Mm Stub

KellyMcJ

Thank you very much for this excellent review. It looks fabulous. I'm so tempted to just buy one. :)

Could anyone point me towards the seller who is selling at the least expensive price? :D ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KellyMcJ

• Honeybadgers

• Misfit

• InkNsap

Thank you very much for this excellent review. It looks fabulous. I'm so tempted to just buy one. :)

Could anyone point me towards the seller who is selling at the least expensive price? :D ;)

Goulet have a deal going on right now (through 28 July) that you can get a bottle of Nemosine ink for free when you buy a Singularity.

the deal goulet is running is INSANE.

Otherwise, Amazon sells them for ~20 with prime shipping.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Goulet have a deal going on right now (through 28 July) that you can get a bottle of Nemosine ink for free when you buy a Singularity.

the deal goulet is running is INSANE.

Otherwise, Amazon sells them for ~20 with prime shipping.

Thank you both. :) The Goulet deal applies to the purchase of two Singularity pens, so I might just settle for one. :)

Thank you both. :) The Goulet deal applies to the purchase of two Singularity pens, so I might just settle for one. :)

Sorry, missed the "two" bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh drat! I only really looked at the Nemosine today, and was enthralled with their space connection. That Goulet deal would have been awesome. I'd have to have a stub nib. If you don't write small, then I think that the right stub would work for daily writing. Lamy's 1.1mm italic works for me, but I don't write small. I tend to take up whatever line or graph size the paper has, although on graph I tend to write bigger and fill parts of two squares.

fixed missing word for meaning

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

the 0.6 stub really does work for everyday small writing. it's really a micro stub, and short of a custom job from a nibmeister, nowhere else offers anything like it.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

the 0.6 stub really does work for everyday small writing. it's really a micro stub, and short of a custom job from a nibmeister, nowhere else offers anything like it.

Agreed! I now own two 0.6mm stubs from Nemosine. I love them both!

I like the looks of writing I saw with the .8 on a Flickr page. I like the aqua demonstrator.

Posted Image

My recent Nemosine 0.6 stub came pretty scratchy (aligned, but rough). I smoothed it for two minutes, and now it is writing great.

My recent Nemosine 0.6 stub came pretty scratchy (aligned, but rough). I smoothed it for two minutes, and now it is writing great.

I had the same experience...aligned but rough out of the box.. a little smoothing went a long way, and it is now a very good writer, with line variation.

Really good value..

The cap has a few, maybe two, turns of plastic threads that extend below the silver cap ring. These threads extend down to the silvery ring on the pen barrel below the section. There are no threads on this silvery ring, and consequently no screw function here. They are non-functional and are just about entirely broken off on my blue transparent .6 mm stub pen. The pen is subject to more ink evaporation than any of my other 60 or so fountain pens. And it is a lovely, wet, fabulously enjoyable writer for which I paid less than $20 a couple of years ago. Buy it, you'll like it.

@AlexLeGrande: I like the looks of the blue (I think aqua) demonstrator. Do you limit yours to blue inks?

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a Nemosine .6 stub about a year ago. It was, and still is my only stub. I typically get Fines, but seemed like a great way to try a stub. I actually really like it, but mostly keep it inked for the kids to play with. I'd never thought of swapping the nib into another pen, but may try it, I'm not a fan of one part of the singularity, its screw cap. I find that very often I end up unscrewing the barrel instead. Maybe putting the nib it into a Jinhao 159 would be fun.

There is actually somewhat of a design flaw on the Nemosine: the section is threaded both for the cap and for the barrel. Only the part (cap or barrel) that has the least amount of friction, will unscrew

The problem is somewhat compounded by the fact that the end grip of the supplied converter fits very snugly in the end of the barrel. The 4 plastic striations at the end of the barrel can grip the end of the converter.

Net result: sometimes when you want to open the cap, you unwittingly unscrew the barrel. And by unscrewing the barrel, you end up turning the converter grip, which pushes out ink into your cap. Then you still need to unscrew the ink-filled cap by gripping part of the section. Inky fingers assured.

Now, the solution is quite easy: file off the tiniest bit at the end of the converter:

fpn_1503992669__20170829_091036.jpg

and put some teflon tape over the section where the barrel screws on:

fpn_1503992731__20170829_090913.jpg

Otherwise the pen, especially with the .6 or .8 nibs, is too good a deal to let these quibbles stop you from acquiring one.

Respectfully disagreeing since 1978.

... The pen is subject to more ink evaporation than any of my other 60 or so fountain pens. ....

Do you own any Noodler's pens? Those evaporate the most for me. Yikes!

There is actually somewhat of a design flaw on the Nemosine: the section is threaded both for the cap and for the barrel. Only the part (cap or barrel) that has the least amount of friction, will unscrew

The problem is somewhat compounded by the fact that the end grip of the supplied converter fits very snugly in the end of the barrel. The 4 plastic striations at the end of the barrel can grip the end of the converter.

Net result: sometimes when you want to open the cap, you unwittingly unscrew the barrel. And by unscrewing the barrel, you end up turning the converter grip, which pushes out ink into your cap. Then you still need to unscrew the ink-filled cap by gripping part of the section. Inky fingers assured.

Now, the solution is quite easy: file off the tiniest bit at the end of the converter:

fpn_1503992669__20170829_091036.jpg

and put some teflon tape over the section where the barrel screws on:

fpn_1503992731__20170829_090913.jpg

Otherwise the pen, especially with the .6 or .8 nibs, is too good a deal to let these quibbles stop you from acquiring one.

I've never had this problem with any of my Singularities. Hmmm. Do you own only this one?

• 4 months later...

I got the Singularity in the Aqua demonstrater for Christmas. I really like the 0.8 mm nib. Samples of all 8 Nemosine inks were part of the gift. Neptune Blue was the first ink in the Singularity.

Only problem was the equation on the box is for fission, not Singularity (black holes). I contacted Goulet Pens, and they said they knew about this; that Nemosine sent a couple batches that way.

I do like the pen, and would recommend it.

Posted Image