• Bo Bo Olson

• BillH

• Ayami_109

• TheRealMikeDr

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A silver and white m605?

Shhhhhhhh ;-)

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

You're killin' me here Joshua :lol:

Off Topic: how's the new house?

Awesome! Unboxing the flock this weekend. There is a Royal Gold Raden that needs tending to and I have to find some ink.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

Awesome! Unboxing the flock this weekend. There is a Royal Gold Raden that needs tending to and I have to find some ink.

So glad to hear it! Plus getting the flock settled AND a new Raden... it doesn't get any better than that (unless the Swedish Bikini Team parachutes in... but you might be too young to remember that :rolleyes: ).

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

The only spot on the color wheel missing (as near as I can tell is ..... (drum roll please) , yellow.

There's the M205 Duo yellow highlighter. Speaking of which, I still hold out hopes that an orange version may eventually appear; that'd be what I consider the "missing" colour.

Back years ago when at Galleria Kaufhaus buying my on sale 605 for E99....there was a yellow 200 for E40.....and I was a noobie, with a semi-vintage M400 so didn't need a 200....and steel nib at that....like I said dumb noobie. Didn't know that a 200's steel nib was as good as the semi-vintage M400's gold nib. sigh cubed.............was a gold snob. :doh:

How was I to know yellow is very rare.....I still don't have a yellow pen.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

There's the M205 Duo yellow highlighter. Speaking of which, I still hold out hopes that an orange version may eventually appear; that'd be what I consider the "missing" colour.

What about the Amber and Cognac models? Cognac is relatively easy to find, but a little pricey.

It's OK.

Looks like they've settled down into the matching ink 'n 200 thing permanently now, which on the bright side means that next year's should be a great olive green :) , but this one would be nicer as a M205 I think, both to differentiate it from the cognac, and also to point up the smoky part of smoky quartz.

John

What about the Amber and Cognac models? Cognac is relatively easy to find, but a little pricey.

I have a Cognac and would struggle to call it orange. I'm talking a full out, in your face orange. Such as you would find as a result of an image search for "orange fountain pen". (Although probably wise to wear dark glasses of you're going to do that... :lol: )

I must say that while I'm not that big of a fan of demonstrators the Smokey Quartz color is quite nice. Although I keep hoping that at some point they'll reissue the Café Crème....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Ruth - I just want you to know that your constant mention of the Café Crème made me reconsider the design which I didn't like at first. That, and a black & tan Mini, made me buy one.

If Pelikan really wants a winner, yellow would be great. There's a SE Sailor black/yellow Realo out just now ... hint, hint

Derek

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

• 1 month later...

In an email to LCdC this morning about another matter I also asked about the expected arrival of the Smoky Quartz. The answer I received said they expect the first shipment next week and they plan to get them out as soon after arrival as they can. :)

• 3 weeks later...

In an email to LCdC this morning about another matter I also asked about the expected arrival of the Smoky Quartz. The answer I received said they expect the first shipment next week and they plan to get them out as soon after arrival as they can. :)

I sent an email to LCdC a few days ago asking about the arrival of the pen too. (I have one on pre order) I got a reply on August 25 that they were still waiting for shipment. However I was not told when the shipment might arrive. What they wrote"

"We are waiting for the Smoky Quartz ourselves too. We have contacted Pelikan and the fountain pens will be delivered soon. We will keep your informed."

I supposed most stores get their products at around the same time...Goulet and other web stores have now put the pen out for sale. Goulet's doing a free ink offer with the pen - the matching Eldelstein ink.

However I snazzed a really good deal with LCdC when they had a 20% off discount. Got the boxed set with both pen and ink

My Pen/Ink combo is slated to be on my doorstep tomorrow (Saturday) - it was a bit of an impulse buy but I'm looking forward to it!

My Pen/Ink combo is slated to be on my doorstep tomorrow (Saturday) - it was a bit of an impulse buy but I'm looking forward to it!

Mike, is that the factory packaged combo? If so, please let us know if the printing on the bottle is gold rather than the silver of the stand alone bottle... was told that the pack bottles were different.

Of course, we'll want to know all about the pen too :)

Mike, is that the factory packaged combo? If so, please let us know if the printing on the bottle is gold rather than the silver of the stand alone bottle... was told that the pack bottles were different.

Hi Bill,

I'm not sure if it's the factory packaged combo - bought it from Goulet on special (buy the pen prior to Sept 1st and you got the ink thrown in for N/C) - will find out what it looks like tomorrow.

I received mine today, and yes, the printing is indeed gold. The colour of the Pelikan logo on the cap of the bottle is different too, slightly gold-ish instead of silver.

Not sure that it adds any value but the packaged bottle is indeed special edition with gold lettering.

Thanks guys. I may have to try to get one, I think it would be much prettier esp with this pen and different from the rest. Not concerned with added value but added interest is always, well, interesting.