Omas Roma 2000 FP

handlebar

Ok,Ok.So i'm hooked on Omas pens.I might not be able to affored every pen that comes along but when i see a limited edition Omas come up for sale,i consider it very carefully.Is it a good value AND something i will write with.In my opinion,all of the Omas pens i own are an outstanding value.For what i paid.Sometimes the retail prices are just way too inflated.But,prices aside,i love their older pens.The newer styles don't "call" out to me,celluloid models being the exceptions.

I received this pen in the post today.Here are my impressions:

Hi JD,

I share your love of OMAS. Sorry to hear the repair story. Although I have a number of Deltas, which I really like, but which seems there is always one on the way back or forth to Italy. Given our common interest in OMAS. I can't help but wonder about your thoughts on Parker Duofold. You seem to be a fellow sicky, I assume you must have at least one. I had quite few pens when I recently bought a Centenial Duofold. It has outstanding balance and writes in so well that make me want to use it as my every day pen. I love my OMASs as well, but tend to rotate through them instead. Your thoughts?

Flood

Hi Flood,

Actually,i have only two American pens in my entire collection.Not that i dislike them.I just like the Italians better.Most of my pens are italian made.I rotate my Omas and Stipulas as well.Most have ink and i use them all week in rotation.

So no real everyday pen per se.I have kept a journal for 20 years now and use a different pen each day.Fun that way.But i will someday own a Parker,i'm sure.

JD

I have been hooked on Italian pens for some time. First Delta, then Montegrappa, OMAS, etc. This Parker caused me to pause. Try to a Duofold, I was blown away how much I liked it. I think what made me really take notice, was it writes as well as most of my Itailian pens, but is more flexible (not in springy) but in what you can write on and the thickness of the line you can get out of it depending on what you want. Anyway, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts if you do.

Flood

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• handlebar

• John Cullen

• alvarez57

• sarahfar

I have been hooked on Italian pens for some time. First Delta, then Montegrappa, OMAS, etc. This Parker caused me to pause. Try to a Duofold, I was blown away how much I liked it. I think what made me really take notice, was it writes as well as most of my Itailian pens, but is more flexible (not in springy) but in what you can write on and the thickness of the line you can get out of it depending on what you want. Anyway, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts if you do.

Flood

Well i was very close to buying one tonight but had a sudden "bill" arrive,so maybe next month.Have to save my brass now.But i will sure let you know.

JD

• 1 month later...

:cloud9:

I got the Omas 2000 for a very nice price considering:

1. it is an OMAS
  2. although not strictly a LE, well, no more were produced after the commemoration
  3. boy! is it pretty!
I still have to write with it!

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg

I actually bought my Omas Roma 2000 Giubileo about 2 months back based solely on this review by JD :thumbup:

Mine came with a Medium nib and it's been an excellent writer right out of the box. And its ebonite feed ensures superb ink flow compared to those plastic ones. And the nib/feed screws out as easily as a Pelikan.

Initially I filled mine with PR DC Supershow Blue too but I find it to be too runny for my Roma 2000. I then changed the ink to Waterman's Florida Blue and this blue pen/blue ink combination is absolutely mind-blowing :puddle:

The Roma 2000 is my daily writer now :cloud9:

Shahrin B)

Edited by shahrincamille

I actually bought my Omas Roma 2000 Giubileo about 2 months back based solely on this review by JD :thumbup:

Mine came with a Medium nib and it's been an excellent writer right out of the box. And its ebonite feed ensures superb ink flow compared to those plastic ones. And the nib/feed screws out as easily as a Pelikan.

Initially I filled mine with PR DC Supershow Blue too but I find it to be too runny for my Roma 2000. I then changed the ink to Waterman's Florida Blue and this blue pen/blue ink combination is absolutely mind-blowing :puddle:

The Roma 2000 is my daily writer now :cloud9:

Shahrin B)

I am using it with Noodler's Eel Black, I'm afraid to fill it with "strong" inks like Noodler's or PR (a recommendation by Dillon) and it is very wet. I have noticed it is much "sprigier" than the OMAS Milord and Ogiva that I have. It is a very nice pen.

sonia alvarez

• 2 weeks later...
Thank God there is Kenro now.

I don't really understand what's so great about Kenro. They charge you $20 to cover their expenses for problems that are not your fault. And besides, what do they really do except for doing the same thing that your pen seller did, that is sending the pen to Italy. I've send them faulty OMAS pens, and all they did was forward the stuff to Italy. As far as I know they don't do anything with the pens... They CANNOT: 1.) reseal an OMAS pen 2.) clean a unreliable ink feed 3.) reset a nib 4.) replace a nib 5.) do anything with a faulty/leaky piston...

So, what can they do? Ok, they are nice, but there are many people in this world that are nice... So what?

Please correct me if I am wrong about what they cannot do. They cannot be compared to service people like Chartpak IMHO.

I was pretty upset when I once bought a brand-spanking new OMAS and they wanted to charge me $20 for sending the pen to Italy in order to have the leaky section resealed. I meanwhile bought my own sealant from Giovanni and can now handle such things myself.

:glare:

Hmmmm... Makes me rethink this. I thought they DID actually work on the pen, not just send it to Italy. Penseller did that w/out charge. A member here in FPN called Dillo fixed the leak in my pens in spite a problem we encountered with sending the pens, but I think he already learned the lesson well. My Roma hasn't stained my fingers yet and the piston got a bit smoother with the Noodler's Eel ink.

sonia alvarez