Montblanc Heritage 1912 - Census

Apm1

I have one since they first came out. I have used it quite a bit. Right now I have to WE's out and inked and 2 other MB's. I really like the MB brand and how well they write. The 1912 may come back out of its box, but right now its packed away.

John

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meiers

• SE1980

• jagwap

I have one pen and one rollerball.

In use today: MB LeGrand Pettit Prince and Aviator, Pelikan M100N, Conid First Production Run demonstrator.

Ok. So I do not own one, but after reading this thread I'm now seriously thinking about grabbing one. If I do, what nib size would everyone recommend?

Ok. So I do not own one, but after reading this thread I'm now seriously thinking about grabbing one. If I do, what nib size would everyone recommend?

What's your favourite nib size?

What's your favourite nib size?

That's a tough question. I like Delta stubs and MB BBB for letter writing and correspondence to clients, although I usually use an MB medium/TWSBI broad for daily writing and notes. I also use Visconti fines. My concern is ink capacity as I've read the 1912 has the bladder of a gnat.

That's a tough question. I like Delta stubs and MB BBB for letter writing and correspondence to clients, although I usually use an MB medium/TWSBI broad for daily writing and notes. I also use Visconti fines. My concern is ink capacity as I've read the 1912 has the bladder of a gnat.

It isn't the biggest, but my fine nib lasts OK. A BB may be different.

Its piston chamber has about half the capacity of a 146 or 149.

Its piston chamber has about half the capacity of a 146 or 149.

Thanks! This puts it in a perspective I can relate to.

I have one too and it's my only MB fountain pen. I use it on rotation with my 161 ballpoint and I've seemed to neglect my Lamy 2000 family now.

It's a truly awesome pen and no regrets getting the 1912, though I've no interest in the capless rollerball version.

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.

I write moderately at work and my F nib needs refilling once per week with daily usage from Mondays to Fridays.

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.

I write moderately at work and my F nib needs refilling once per week with daily usage from Mondays to Fridays.

Wow. That's now bad at all. I don't mind having to refill once a week. I was afraid that the capacity was so small I would have to refill daily with normal office use. Sounds like this isn't the case at all. Even more helpful information. Thanks everyone for your input.

Wow. That's now bad at all. I don't mind having to refill once a week. I was afraid that the capacity was so small I would have to refill daily with normal office use. Sounds like this isn't the case at all. Even more helpful information. Thanks everyone for your input.

Same here.

The Heritage 1912 I'm using is good to the last drop of ink. It doesn't give me a warning when it's running low. I use mine every day and refill it on Sunday nights. :)

I haven't run out of fuel yet.

Edited by meiers

I have a 1912 with a B nib, custom ground by Pendleton Brown. It runs out of ink after 10~15 pages, but the feeling of the nib is unlike any other pen I own.

I have a 1912 with a B nib, custom ground by Pendleton Brown. It runs out of ink after 10~15 pages, but the feeling of the nib is unlike any other pen I own.

Interesting - I inked mine (stock M nib) for the first time in a while on Sunday and it ran out of ink today. I reckon I have only written 10 pages. Still a great nib though!

It's not as small as you thought it would be, still acceptable. The larger the nib size, the more frequent you have to refill.

Same here.

The Heritage 1912 I'm using is good to the last drop of ink. It doesn't give me a warning when it's running low. I use mine every day and refill it on Sunday nights. :)

I haven't run out of fuel yet.

I refill mine every Friday. The only indication is running low in juice is that the ink becomes.more faint and the lines get thinner.

My fine (re-ground to a fine cursive) only has a subtle change as it begins to run dry. The feedback changes a little and the line is very slightlybless juicy. But the line is almost identical.

This thread reminded me how I really like the nib when I tried it last year at an MB boutique. I found a good price for a new one and bought my first broad nib pen.

I should start blocking this forum before it convinces me to get the new WE.