The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Montblanc Limited Edition 4Th Of July Fountain Pen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AirlineInternational

AirlineInternational

Mint

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 22:04

Montblanc 4th of July Limited Edition Fountain Pen

The successful launch of the 1924 Skeleton pen in 1999 marked the beginning of the artisan group at Montblanc, which is dedicated to the development and production of the most valuable limited editions with the strictest limitations.

Tthe 4th of July pen is limited to just fifty-six pieces and dedicated to the American Declaration of Independence in 1776. It was fifty-six representatives of the thirteen British American Colonies who signed a joint declaration, among these men were Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin and John Adams.

Fit on a red transparent precious resin body is a faceted 18-karat white gold filigree. Every other facet is inlaid with white mother-of-pearl, the remainder are left transparent red, representing the red and white stripes on the American flag. 

The barrel end and cap top are adorned with a row of white diamonds, reminiscent of the thirteen original states and first American flag, designed by Betsy Ross. As a tribute to the spiritual father of the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson is portrayed on the platinum-plated 18-karat gold nib. Thirteen selected signatures are finely engraved into the facets of the pen and the clip.

We have one of this long sold out very rare Montblanc in stock and it is Factory Sealed! For inquires emails us at orders@airlineintl.com 

Attached Images

• SAM_5107.jpg
  • SAM_5109.jpg
  • SAM_5110.jpg
  • SAM_5113.jpg
  • SAM_5115.jpg
  • SAM_5116.jpg
  • SAM_5117.jpg
  • SAM_5118.jpg
  • SAM_5121.jpg
  • SAM_5122.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Russ

Russ

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 00:11

It is beautiful and so tastefully executed!   :wub:

#3 ian1964

ian1964

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2017 - 00:51

A bit to ostentatious.....but maybe that's the point 

#4 tamiya

tamiya

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:52

Red, white &... hey where's the blue?? :ninja:

Hmm wonder if one has to licence the use of the Founding Fathers likenesses & johnnyhandcocks.

Or is POTUS Trump gunna send MontBlanc a bill of demand too? :D

#5 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:41

A bit to ostentatious.....but maybe that's the point 

I prefer to imagine that is the reason the Seller is "so lucky to have this one to offer for sale;" it is one that NEVER sold, since 2004.   I had never seen the thing & am rather sorry I did.  (I did give a new nod of appreciation to my humble 146s, after this view; they almost look like Lamy 2000s, in comparison.)

#6 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:49

The basic design actually reminds me a bit of the recent Graf POTY. I generally think MBs special/limited issues aren't very appealing but I kinda like this one.

#7 freshbake

freshbake

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:09

Definitely not a subtle pen.....but WOW would I rock this thing!!  I love it

Sponsored Content

|